Old 12-31-2008, 10:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 333/238/150

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Smile New to 3FC!

Hey everyone! I'm Amber and I am married to a wonderful man and have 2 kids-a DD who is 8, and a DS who is 5. I'm new here but I've been heavy all my life. I started trying to lose weight after my son was born in 2003, but did not get serious until March of last year. I've lost about 30 lbs since then and have lost 2 jean sizes. I was on Depo Provera for over 4 years and I did not realize how much it had completely changed my personality until I got off of it. I'm amazed my poor hubby did not divorce me and my entire family disown me!
I have a problem staying motivated if I go off of my routine for a couple of days or if I am sick I have a problem getting back on it. I am a stress eater and can be high strung at times. I work from home and am a Brownie leader for my daughter's troop. My current program is tracking my calories and eating the correct portions and I am using SparkPeople to track my calories and blog, and I have a Wii fit I got for Christmas for working out.
Edit: I came here to find the support I feel I need that I have not found anywhere else.

Last edited by amber961; 12-31-2008 at 10:37 AM. Reason: addition
amber961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/185/140

Height: 5'7"

hello Amber, Nice to meet you. I am new here too (couple of days now) I too have been chunky forever. I've also lost all the weight before and put it back on. Right now I am currently at my chunkiest weight and want very badly to put that behind me and get healthier. Not to mention that I would just like to look nicer.

I will be out of town for a few days but will post here again on Sunday night after the weekend, I hope to see you here posting too.

Jo
MJSinMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/200/150

Height: 5'9

Hi, I am new to this site too and need to lose some weight. Like you I lack motivation, I tend to be lazy when it comes to food choices and if I am honest with myself, I just plain love food. I am definitely an emotional eater. Here's to a New You in 2009!

Jen
jeninco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

welcome to all the newbies. Come say hi on our daily chat...we change it daily and it helps us all stay motivated
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/230/145

Height: 5'4

welcome welcome--I to am new here---hope you have wonderful success in your WL journey.
Kari
3turkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #6  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Hi Amber! I'm Amber!! Teehee. Welcome!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:51 PM   #7  
Soozee

S/C/G: 205/201/169

Height: 5'5"

Hello to all of the newbies that have posted here. I'm another. I signed up 2 years ago but never used the site. Lost most of my weight on my own but have gained it all back since meeting my SO in June...sigh...

I'm hoping that I will be able to find time in my busy days to post here and get the support that I will need.

Happy New Year and good luck with you weight loss!
Sue
Soozee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 302/302/200

Height: 5'6"

Hello Amber, I' m a mom from Ohio and our kids are the same age but I have 2DS!!! I have been heavy most of my life except for a few yrs. in HS and I dieted very unhealthy. I have never joined an online group and am novice about the whole posting thing but I would love to share our wt. loss journey together!!! I am reducing carbs and just joined Curves. Good Luck and I hope to chat soon

Last edited by dinomama; 01-05-2009 at 08:53 AM. Reason: spelling
dinomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #9  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey there Amber! I am Meredith, and I just joined 3 Fat Chicks today! I am a mom, wife and teacher, and just don't seem to have time to worry about myself, thus I have just kept gaining, all the way to my current weight from where I was about 6 years ago (140)...My husband has joined an online support group for tobacco users, and has been doing really well, so I decided to follow his lead. I am hoping to keep posting daily, at least, so that weight loss is in the forefront of my mind. Thanks to everyone on this board for being so supportive!
meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #10  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Welcome, Amber! Please do come join us in the daily chats.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber961 View Post
I was on Depo Provera for over 4 years and I did not realize how much it had completely changed my personality until I got off of it. I'm amazed my poor hubby did not divorce me and my entire family disown me!
Welcome to the group
I was on Depo when i was 18. my mom said i was a complete B. I didn't realize it though. When I married my husband, my mom warned him that what ever we chose to do about birth control, for him NOT to let me get on DP again...lol

Last edited by willow650; 01-05-2009 at 01:28 PM.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #12  

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone! I am counting calories and working out with a Wii Fit, and am loving it so far. I am focusing more on exercise at this time and eating balanced than following a 'diet'. I am very tired of dieting. I have been on any and every diet you can name, from Adkins to WW and everything in between. This is a lifestyle change! My hubby is doing this with me every step of the way this time, instead of just cheering me on. The support from him and all of you here has been great! Thanks to you all!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #13  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Wii Fit huh? I have been wondering about this. Wondering if it was truly a good workout? Variety, etc... What can you tell me about it?
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:07 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb_lyn View Post
Wii Fit huh? I have been wondering about this. Wondering if it was truly a good workout? Variety, etc... What can you tell me about it?
First of all, I love it. I weighed in last night and I weigh 276 lbs, down from 281 a week ago. The neatest thing about the Wii Fit is that it rewards you as you learn the new workouts and make progress. There are balance, yoga, aerobic, strength training workouts and more. Each day you step on the board, you have the option of doing a body test, which tests your balance, flexibility and response time. Then you get to choose what workouts you want to do. There are at least 9 different exercies in each category, and as you progress, you unlock the harder ones. For example, last night I did advance step aerobics, boxing, hula hoops and yoga, working out over an hour. There is even an option of a run, too. The balance board will give you fitness tips and tracks your progress, too. I have the attention span of a flea, so this is perfect for me. I am never bored and alot of the workouts only take 2-3 minutes, so it does not get monotonous. Also, the Wii console is about $300, and with the Wii Fit board costing around $90, it is very comparable to the price of a year's gym membership, maybe even cheaper. There is even the option of buying other Wii workouts, some that use the Fit balance board, some that do not. I love mine and I was sweating my butt off at the end of it, and I was doing the c25K program last year, but this is a more intense workout.