Old 01-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #1  
I can do this......

S/C/G: 165/162/130

Height: 5'8

Default Just went on a carb bender!!

Ughhh ok so I recently started Atkins again. It worked for me the past and I found it easy because it didn't involve to much thought for me. I'm a carb junkie so if it's something I would typically eat..I don't! I had only lost 5 lbs but it had only been a few days and I was feeling great. I went off the wagon yesterday in an extreme way and need a boost getting back on. Helpppppppppppp meeee

Last edited by lisaorlola; 01-04-2009 at 03:56 PM.
lisaorlola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:22 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

good luck getting back on plan. I know you can do it. Focus !!!

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #3  
I can do this......

Thanks Leenie! Back on the wagon this AM! Woooohooo
Old 01-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/221/160

Height: 5"2

Don't worry, I've done that so many times in the past! I restarted atkins on the 1st and as of today I have lost 9 lbs!! But right now I'm having the 4th day jitters! I'm in caffine withdraw and low blood sugar! When ever I get like this and I am dying to eat I have one of the atkins bars. They are very good, come in lots of flavors and they only have 2-3 net carbs. I know how hard it can be, I'm right there with ya! As far as eating the carbs yesterday, the good thing about atkins is if you just re start today the fat burning process will start over, so you have only lost one day! We can do it!!
jodysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodysgirl View Post
I have one of the atkins bars. They are very good, come in lots of flavors and they only have 2-3 net carbs.
This is a common misconception people have

Atkins bars do NOT contain 2-3 net carbs...and...despite their label telling people they are "appropriate for Induction"...do NOT believe it! If you take the time to read the back of the label, you will quickly learn that Atkins Nutritionals Inc's math does not add up. To add insult to injuiry, the label clearly states the bars contain SOY, MILK & PEANUTS. None of these ingredients are on the acceptable foods list for Atkins Induction.

The bars were originally created for emergencies...when no other low carb food was available. They were not meant to be eaten on a daily basis nor were they ever meant to be eaten on Induction.

The following link clearly explains these bars as well as other important things such as sugar alcohols: http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

All the best to you!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #6  
Cie
Maintainer

S/C/G: 240/129/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaorlola View Post
Ughhh ok so I recently started Atkins again. It worked for me the past and I found it easy because it didn't involve to much thought for me. I'm a carb junkie so if it's something I would typically eat..I don't! I had only lost 5 lbs but it had only been a few days and I was feeling great. I went off the wagon yesterday in an extreme way and need a boost getting back on. Helpppppppppppp meeee
What Leenie said! I used to be a carb junkie too. Go for a bender then spend days beating myself up. Take a deep breath and look at your goals and remember that you are so worth it to take care of yourself. I think that's what happened to me too. I found Atkins easy and so "magical thinking" kicks in. " I can eat this crap because it will come off". Then it becomes a merry go round.
Cie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:54 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
This is a common misconception people have

Atkins bars do NOT contain 2-3 net carbs...and...despite their label telling people they are "appropriate for Induction"...do NOT believe it! If you take the time to read the back of the label, you will quickly learn that Atkins Nutritionals Inc's math does not add up. To add insult to injuiry, the label clearly states the bars contain SOY, MILK & PEANUTS. None of these ingredients are on the acceptable foods list for Atkins Induction.

The bars were originally created for emergencies...when no other low carb food was available. They were not meant to be eaten on a daily basis nor were they ever meant to be eaten on Induction.

The following link clearly explains these bars as well as other important things such as sugar alcohols: http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

All the best to you!!
Those bars are evil ..... evil I tell yah. If they don't give you wicked gas, they stall your WL or make you crave sugar even more. But thats jmho

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #8  
I can do this......

Thanks for the support!! Day 1 and I survived...it IS only 7pm but I find that in the beginning if I go to bed early I won't go near the fridge! lol
Old 01-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #9  
Magic Girdle Not Included

S/C/G: 180/ticker/127

I fell off the wagon too! And, most frustratingly, it wasn't a choice.

My flight was delayed, I missed my connecting flight, and I was stuck overnight in Heathrow with no pounds to my name. I hadn't eaten in fourteen hours (!!) and the food they gave us on the plane the next morning was...yep, pancakes.

What a nightmare! I think it's most frustrating because my willpower never faltered, I just got caught in a ****ty situation and now it's back to square one.

My question is, how long do you think it'll take for my body to recover from the carb binge?
Hippolyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #10  

Default Re Carb Binge

Sorry to hear about that Lisadora,

Sugar is a deadly addiction. I am only on day two, but had to visit this web site for inspiration - so just keep coming back. I sure will be here regularily to cheer you on . . .
nelleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #11  
Cie
Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippolyta View Post
I fell off the wagon too! And, most frustratingly, it wasn't a choice.

My flight was delayed, I missed my connecting flight, and I was stuck overnight in Heathrow with no pounds to my name. I hadn't eaten in fourteen hours (!!) and the food they gave us on the plane the next morning was...yep, pancakes.

What a nightmare! I think it's most frustrating because my willpower never faltered, I just got caught in a ****ty situation and now it's back to square one.

My question is, how long do you think it'll take for my body to recover from the carb binge?
Everyone is different but the main thing for me was to start back on induction, let go of the emotions and get back on track. For too many times when something bad would happen I would get into a binge and stay on it 'til I felt sick of myself. Your body will recover from this and you will keep going.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 290/275/140

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone,
i havent posted before but i ,too, am 'getting back on track. i went on a carb bender on christmas day and am just now coming out of the haze. it took this whole time to get my blood sugar to stabilize. after just one day of binging!!! i lost 30 or so pounds so far on this low carb WOE -- and man. it only took one day to scew it up. that was enough for me to see the light!! no more! we can doi it! i just read all these post's for support. i can see a little of myself in all of you. jeez.

we can do it! we are doing it! hehe
Nayex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:26 AM   #13  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I tried atkins before too- the cravings were unbearable- I seemed to fall off the wagon constantly.. and it made me depressed- last month I was determined to get back on it and loose and stay there this time- a friend of mine had recetnyl lost a lot of weight jsut by calorie counting... I was relly leary but decided I kept falling off the atkins wagon might as well give it a shot.. and so far this month I have lost 16 lbs! I've eaten bread, pasta, rice since day one! and I dont get the urge to cheat to get unbearable cravings! I really recommend trying it it Atkins gets to hard again- calorie counting can be annoying but with website like the daily plate or live strong it makes it easy! Good luck! I hope it works for you- but if you find it to difficult or the cravings get to intense I say try calorie counting! It's a much less stressful way to loose and it's just as fast as low carb and not as restrictive- HUGS best wishes!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #14  
Cie
Maintainer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamherrera View Post
I tried atkins before too- the cravings were unbearable- I seemed to fall off the wagon constantly.. and it made me depressed- last month I was determined to get back on it and loose and stay there this time- a friend of mine had recetnyl lost a lot of weight jsut by calorie counting... I was relly leary but decided I kept falling off the atkins wagon might as well give it a shot.. and so far this month I have lost 16 lbs! I've eaten bread, pasta, rice since day one! and I dont get the urge to cheat to get unbearable cravings! I really recommend trying it it Atkins gets to hard again- calorie counting can be annoying but with website like the daily plate or live strong it makes it easy! Good luck! I hope it works for you- but if you find it to difficult or the cravings get to intense I say try calorie counting! It's a much less stressful way to loose and it's just as fast as low carb and not as restrictive- HUGS best wishes!
I lost 111 pounds on Atkins and needed it to stop the CRAVINGS. I floundered when I tried calorie counting. I lost but it was like lighting a fire full of intense cravings. I reread Atkins and once I followed it I was back on track.
Everyone has their own physical reaction to carbs. Good for you that you are finding it easy, not everyone finds it easy.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #15  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cie View Post
Everyone has their own physical reaction to carbs.
At 43 years old, I'd tried many "diets" with no success. In 2004, when I decided to read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution and give it a try, never did I dream I'd lose over 100 lbs and keep it off for almost 5 years now!! Carbs, and let me clarify this...bad carbs...were what I personally needed to eliminate to be successful. I can't thank Dr. Atkins enough!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote