Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 01:43 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Beck Diet Solution/For LIfe – January 2009 – Support, Discussion, Diet Coach/Buddy

Welcome to the discussion group, support group, diet coach group, diet buddy group relating to the two books by Dr. Judith S. Beck:and the first bookThe Beck Diet Solution is a psychological program, not a food plan. It provides a step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life. The program is based on Dr. Beck's clinical research in Cognitive Therapy (CT).

The Complete Beck Diet for Life expands the earlier work and includes a food plan with suggested menus. From the cover:
With The Complete Beck Diet for Life you'll discover the 5 stages of successful deiting and maintenance. You'll learn how to motivate yourself, give yourself credit for every change you make, create time and energy for dieting, and handle hunger and cravings. Dr. Beck easues you into changing one step at a time. You'll master one task before monving on to the next. And you'll learn tehcniques to deal with challenging situations, such as sticking with ou plan at celebrations and dealing with "food pushers." With Dr. Beck's skills, you'll acheive a lifetime of healthful eating and lifelong motivation.
This is a place to discuss the Beck strategies and our daily efforts, to receive and provide support, and, for some of us, is where we serve as on-line diet buddy (coach) to each other.

If you’ve arrived from a search engine, you’ve landed at the site of 3 fat chicks, a remarkable place for those interested in a healthy life style, including mindful eating, exercise, and weight loss. More about the site, including how to register so that you can post can be found here.

The books are available on Amazon through the 3FC store by clicking their names above; buying through 3FC helps to cover the costs of running this site.

Previous Beck threads on 3fatchicks.com:

The Beck Diet Solution – December 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – November 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – October 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – September 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – August 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – July 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – June 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – May 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – April 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – March 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – February 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – January 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – December 2007 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution - November 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - October 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - September 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - August 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - July 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - May/June 2007

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 12-01-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Added link to Complete Beck Diet for Life
Old 01-01-2009, 04:25 AM   #2  

Happy New Year coaches/buddies/friends!

I am up WAY too late... but I am making my response cards and ARC deck...Til tomorrow, Heidi
Old 01-01-2009, 07:15 AM   #3  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Thursday - The New Year is rolling

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Happy New Year to all you active posters, posters on leave of absence, and Readers. May 2009 be joyous, prosperous, and on-plan.

OK, I made it through my two eating events of New Years Eve good enough. CREDIT moi. Wish they were closer to a normal days eating, than needing to use my generous celebration allowance to make it on-plan. Oh Well. Good news is that I never felt out of control, like the old days. The opportunity appeared to have fondue, which I haven't had for years and years. The dipping and dripping was much fun, but actually wasn't as good as its memory. Cheese was only so so, and the white bread used for dipping has long ago lost its appeal to me.

But BIG WOO HOO: For the potluck I unloaded the tray of fudge that had appeared in our life over the holidays, as well as the bag of Kit Kat candy bars from Halloween. The fudge was pretty good, seeing that go wasn't a surprise, but watching adults (as well as the teenagers) going after the Kit Kats made me super happy. They are gone from my house.

And DW has the black eyed peas soaking for our traditional New Years dinner.

onebyone - Continued Kudos for your continued cleaning and organizing your space. Neat that you're preparing space for your wii workout. And super neat that you'll even drive to Toronto to get one.

It appeals to me that you're off to explore an Arabic grocery store. Perhaps fate has selected this moment to help you with your veggie challenge via completely new tastes. Looking forward to hearing what you discover.

As for "sources of real wisdom", I take encouragement and insight from Maintainers Weekly Chat Thread - everyone is welcome who has lost so much as a pound, because from thence, one is a maintainer.

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Ouch for only four hours sleep. But in awe pondering the power, however mixed the metaphor, of el nino firing on all cylinders, LOL. Local weather man could improve his act with some descriptions like that.

Heidi (landlady6) - Kudos for making your new response cards and ARC deck. And Kudos for staying up to welcome in the New Year, LOL.

Robin (RobinW) - Ouch for six hours in the mall, even though with your DD, and even though there was shopping success. My notion of the tenth level of Dante's **** would be a New Jersey shopping mall with all national brand stores. Frightening enough to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Anne (wndranne) - Sending supportive thoughts as you continue your transition - with both its "independence" and painful letting go.

Kudos for planning for your IHOP visit; it's neat for me to be reminded that ordering from the kids' menu is a realistic choice. My brain doesn't tend to ever think that thought in a real situation.

shrinkin - Waving; wishing you a Happy New Year also.

Chris (Anglemoma210) - Kudos for scheduled play; good stuff that licorice.

Andrea (thinkerbell) - Sobering story about the gumpkys, but enjoying your self-deprecating writing style, as in, "DUH! Can someone whip me with a cabbage leaf?" Kudos for getting back on track in time for the new year.

And thank you for your kind words when we cross-posted yesterday morning. I am so used to being the first poster that I forget to look for posts that arrive while I am typing or wandering about chasing down references to other threads.

Readers -
"That's what The Complete Beck Diet for Life does for you - it gives you your life back in so many ways:
• It frees you from guilt, worry, self-consciousness, and self blame.
• It frees you from you fear of hunger and your fear of losing control.
• It frees you from overwhelming temptation and emotional eating.
• It frees you from feelings of deprivation, unfairness, and discouragement.
• It frees you from obsession about your food choices, weight, and appearance." The Complete Beck Diet for Life, pg 13.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 01-01-2009 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 01-01-2009, 08:02 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7

Happy New Year Coaches, Buddies and Friends!

I am soooooooooooooo happy to report I am back on plan and the scale showed just a 0.4 lb gain (and this weight was after eating breakfast!).....which is a major victory for this holidaze season! Woo-hoo for me! I maintained my 21 pound weight release! It is a wonderful way to begin 2009! Not yet in Onederland but it does feel Wonderfull!

Oh, and I begin 2009 not hung-over.....food or alcohol wise! Credit moi!

I'll be back for personals as I am not sophisticated enough to figure out how to open multiple windows ......and to do personals this morning I would need to go back to December's thread....much to complicated for my low-tech brain!

May your dreams and resolutions all come to be in 2009!

Andrea aka thinkerbell
Old 01-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/162/

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy New Year and Hi Everybody!

I've been working with the Beck Diet Solution since 9/30/08 or so. I finished the book, but I haven't been able to rigorously apply all the strategies--especially after I finished the book. And I got tired of re-reading it. So I wa eagerly anticipating publication of the Complete Diet for Life and bought it the first day it came out, December 23! I'm probably not the only one. New Year's Eve was spent in a local steakhouse with my boyfriend. We shared an amazingly delicious and very large chocolate chip sundae (who cares about the food, it was the dessert I was looking forward to!) I gained .6 overnight, which isn't that bad, but it puts me slightly over 160. I started this journey at about 165. I've been down to 157 for one day, I think. My goal is to be 150 lbs. or less. I'm 54 and not very active, with a bit of arthritis and back problems--not unusual at my age. I was in physical therapy, which just ended, and one of my challenges for this year is to keep up with exercise. I am thinking of joining a gym, but just on a one-month-at-a-time basis because I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with it, and I am afraid of injuring myself. I have been doing weight watchers' points--the old plan, not the one they just started, and incorporating some of Beck's diet. I'd like to be a part of this group and get and give some support on this lifetime journey!
Lily
Old 01-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning and Happy New Year!

onebyone~ Im jealous, I didnt get to see Bolt Dd went with her dad....but I think we are off to see Marley and Me today I think the best movie Ive seen with a theatre full of kids was the 2nd Harry Potter. Because the kids were already into it, their reactions were so cool to experience. Hmmm...I read your post and wanted to comment on a few other things, but I cant remember now

lilyyoung~ Im glad you found us....you'll find lots of support and help here. Welcome!

Bill~ you are too funny!! Dont threaten you with hard jail time....threaten you with MALL time!!!!

Kudos for making it thru your parties!! Another big kudos for recognizing that the white bread dipped in cheese really wasnt that good! ......and for getting rid of the fudge and kit kat bars!! Its always so nice to see that stuff being eaten by someone else!

Anne~ Sounds like you had a very nice day yesterday! Kudos for keeping to your plan and being happy with the way things are working with it!

The mall was fun....but dd knows not to push it too far Dont get mom burned out on malls or I wont go at all.

shrinkin ~ landlady6

I sat down yesterday with my dd so she could show me how to use her nintendo ds. She gave me a racing game........then got so frustrated with her mom trying to make it work she took it from me and did it herself! My stomach hurt from laughing so hard at my attempts to stay out of the water, and constantly hitting the wall The coolest part was; she had me put my own voice effects into the game. It was hilarious! But I dont know if she'll let me play with it again

K....food was 100% right on, exercise wasnt too shabby but lacking on water again today.

Today is the last day of my first 21 day challenge! I am going to call it a successs. Christmas was the mid challenge, challenge! I ate mindfully, but didnt realize the sugar that was in my food was so high. I overcame that and made it thru the rest of the challenge.

Tomorrow I'll get on the scale. I dont want to. Ive stuck to my plan and Ive been very happy with the way Ive been feeling. I just dont want to get on the scale and be dissappointed in what I see. If the scale hasnt moved, that will not be good for my inner skinny person trying to get out.

On the plus side, nsv has been wearing my jeans again without having to lay down on the bed to do them up. Also my winter jacket is snug around my belly anymore. I actually have room to put stuff in my pockets now without that stuff also pulling the jacket tight around my belly.

..........maybe I should stay off it and be happy with my nsv? Wait until the end of my next 21 day challenge?

Let's hear what you all think....I think Im making some thinking errors here and need to identify them.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #7  

Happy New Year to All!

Before I head out to the Jazzercise One Club class (we all start at 1 class again on 1/1) I wanted to check in on what I'm guessing will be a busy day here on the boards, what with all the resolutions going around.

I've been on plan for a few days now and that feels good. After my morning weigh in I noticed that I'm exactly the same weight I was 1 month ago. I can look at that as a not so great thing, but I'm choosing to look at it as I made it through the holidays unscathed! Glad they're over and all of those tempting foods will be out of the house.

Best of luck to all Becksters old and new - THIS IS OUR YEAR!
Old 01-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #8  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

morning my coaches,

still sick, sick, sick, but DH is off today so he's taken el nino out to run errands. i love that kid to death - but it's a huge relief not to have to entertain/corral/carry him when i feel so crappy myself. shout out to my fabulous DH. and to bill for calling me on an unintended mixed metaphor. i used to be a professional editor; i should know better.

did our annual new year's dinner at a legendary italian restaurant last night. i had eaten so little during the day, i actually came out below my calorie target. don't feel like giving myself huge credit for that, but what the heck.

looking forward to feeling better and going back to work, where the gym is. ironic, ain't it?

happy new year!

Last edited by kuhljeanie; 01-01-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:38 AM   #9  

Hello, everyone. I'm still around. Started back to WW on December 11 and have lost 7.8 pounds so I'm really happy about getting through the holiday eating season.

I dislocated my thumb 2 weeks ago so now have to wear a brace for 3-4 weeks. Needless to say, I can't do Curves one handed so I have been doing some exercise DVDs I have. I'm so glad 2008 is over, it wasn't a good year.

Happy New Year to all of you!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #10  
Hunger-not an emergency!

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

Happy New Year all.

Last year was very hard for us and I am glad that that part is over. We did learn alot last year and that is a plus. I also learned what true friendship means to me. To have people here that I do not know personnal that take the time to listen and support means the world to me.

It may take some time, but dh was on the phone for over 2 hrs. with the eeo person. Yesterday was the first day that dh felt so positive. I also got to talk with them and tell them how my dh had changed to depression thru out this past year. I too feel alot more positive...we just need to make it until this is settled.

I only gained 3 lbs thru the holidays and that is great for me. Last night I was very careful with what we had and for our new years drink we usually have the sparkling cider...this year I just wanted apple juice and only 1/2 a glass. Dd called us at 9 our time as she is 3 hrs ahead of us and then called us when we hit the new year.

For my new years resolution...I want to become healthier by losing weight and trying with the dr. to cut my a-fib down. I will be talking with him about the surgury for a-fib and see if I am a canidate for it. After 11 years it gets very hard to go thru an a-fib.

I am so glad to read about all of you and what you have accomplished that it gives me a goal for myself. I can do this and I will.

Thank you again my friends for your support and just letting me vent when I need to. I also hope to be able to be here more and to do the new book. I have it and have gotton my supplies and am on the 3rd chapter. I want to do this right so that I can move on.

Take care and will try to read more later.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #11  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up courage to change day 4 week 1 of 8 And New Year's Day

Good Evening Coaches

Man. I have had a rollercoaster of an emotional day today. I have been working with affirmations again and one of things I do is give myself a thought/a wish/ a direction as I am going to sleep and in the morning I usually get an intuitive thought... that still small voice you know? So basically i've just been asking for direction, to do the next right thing, to get a clue as to what that would be and this morning the thought was "call your family and say Happy New Year."
What? That?! Ugh. Do I have to? So I called my mother who got my present who loved it and told me news of my sister who just bought a house in Key West and so the family didn't spend Christmas together and they didn't give gifts. The sister who usually does all that was in Key West. Anyway, after that I called my other sister and got a machine & left a message. called my brother, got a machine, & left a message. Knew the other sister was in key West and don't have her cell and figured she'd be away a long time but I called my mother back to get her cell# and she didn't have it so I left a message with my mom to tell her happy new year for me and to tell her how truly thrilled I am for her that she got a house in key west. really. I wish it was me and I got a house, but honestly. That's fantastic news. So very happy for her. So, I keep trying to connect... I am doing my bit, I could do a bit more but hopefully someone will respond. My mother assured me no one was mad at me. Okay. On to other things.

I cleaned the top of the stove off. It's shiny and white now. That was my big accomplishment. I haven't been up to snuff today. (Girl trouble.) So I hope to be better tomorrow. I am due to go out with my friend for a car ride (so thrilled to get out!) and some shopping and looking around. Awesome.
She's promised me a ride to a store to get fresh green things. Veggies here I come....

So my food was about 70% today on plan. kudos for this. I underate.
I am giving my foodplan lots of thought. i read the story of a person here who lost 130+lbs and did it by incorporating 14 superfoods into her diet. She just made a decision to eat only good food and treat herself well. I am really thinking of this as being my approach. How can you go wrong with this? The carb cycling I have started doing works, but it is very highly structured and in the end I am not sure is doable over the longterm, like a life. But changing the substance of what I eat and the amounts of food, the quality of food, this is sustainable. Anyway, just thinking about these things since it is New Years Day and a good day to plan and look ahead.

angelmomma210 I hope 2009 treats you well! Kudos on only a 3lb gain. That's fantastic!

QuilterInVA Congrats on your weightloss over the holiday season. Sorry to hear about your thumb happy to see you back!

kuhljeanie Happy new year and I hope you feel better ASAP.

freer Yes this is our year! I think you did amazing to be even given the holidays... and now going back to jazzercise today? i'd say you're ahead! Kudos.

RobinW Hi! I think you need to get on that scale. The scale is holding too much power over you. You need to re-read Beck and dealing with disappointment and you need to take the power away from the numbers. Maybe write down all the positives before you step on it and then think of it as another kind of marker. that's what I do--neither good nor bad it's like the marks on a ruler. It's just a way we humans measure things; the measurement of gravity upon our skin bones and muscles; our bodies. On the moon we'd weigh different, Venus different again and Mars different. And the scale is indifferent to our angst. it's just a number. We give it meaning or power. Just get the mark and leave it at that for the next time. JMHO. You know if you can cope. It will be there in 21 more days if you do need to take a longer break from the scale. Before bed ask for an intuitive thought about the scale and act on it in the morning. you'll know.

lilyyoung Hi and happy new year! Glad you joined us... looking forward to your posts.

thinkerbell Good going on your results... big kudos for maintaining. That's awesome!

shrinkin' happy new year coachbuddy!

BillBlueEyes Congrats on successfully navigating the holiday food feasts. We are back to normaleveryday challenges now! woohoo!
I am still planning on the Arabic foodstore but will get some known staples tomorrow via my friend's car. Looking forward to it. I am starting to believe that we will be moving and so I am feeling even more motivation to get rid of things that I really do not and will not be moving. I feel a willingness to do this inspite of beng a hoarder for decades. 2009 will indeed be a great year.
All the best to you and your family and to those other readers reading this...
may we get all the goodies we so deserve in 2009.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Coaches/Buddies A long day and I'm tired. Fatigue factor of about 8 right now. I did OK again today. Read my cards, weighed in (no change), mindful eating, lots of credits, exercise, resisted desire to eat, monitored my food intake, and followed my plan. About one more week of this and I'm on to Stage 2/4.

My parents are leaving tomorrow, which puts things almost back to normal. I'm sad to see them go. The kids were a handful today, which is why I'm tired.

I've been reading ahead in CBDL, and am trying to figure out what to do with the various stages. Stage 3 is special circumstances like eating out, family dinner, holidays and so forth, which I'm dealing with right now, and so sort of leaches into all the other stages. So I'm sort of skipping around. Stage 4 is modifying the eating plan, which I'll do anyway as part of Stage 2. As a six year maintainer, I feel pretty comfortable I can handle that, and know which foods work for me and which don't. I also know that some of the plan relaxation in Stage 4 is a place I can't go--I have to monitor my food or it gets out of hand. So there's that. It'll be a while before I get to Stage 5, or maybe I'm already there, depending on how you look at it.

Heidi Happy New year!

Bill Thanks for starting the thread! Good enough is good enough, LOL. Hope you enjoyed your black eyed peas.

Andrea Great job on maintaining over the holidays!

Lily Welcome to the group. I get a lot of great support here, and hope you will too.

RobinW Congrats on completing your 21 day challenge! I hope you get on the scale. Here's an analogy from CBDL that may help
Quote:
If you woke up one day and weren't feeling well, you might take your temperature and use the information to decide what to do. If the thermometer read 98.6 degrees you'd probably go to work. If it read 102, you'd probably stay home and call your health-care professional. You wouldn't think, Oh this is terrible! I can't believe I let the number get so high! I'm such a failure! No of course not. You would just use the number on the thermometer as a guide in deciding what to do.
She suggests we learn to see the scale in the same way. Take it or leave it as you need to.

freer I hope you enjoyed the Jazzercise. I'm glad you are on plan, and hope you are giving yourself credit for maintaining over the holidays.

Jean Glad you got a break from el nino's sickness so you could deal with your own. Hope you feel better soon.

Susan Good to see you back here. Nice work on that big WW loss over the holidays, and extra credit to you for figuring out how to work around that injury!

Chris I hope the EEO people can help your DH. Two hours sounds promising. Hoping 2009 is your year.

onebyone Sounds like you are getting your life and your home straightened up and that has to feel as difficult as it feels good. You have to find a food plan that works for you. Glory is such an inspiration, but I really have to work some junk food in every day, or I end up in a face plant in a bag of chips with peanut butter cups and ice cream chaser if I don't keep the junk food monster tamed. The 100 calorie packs are wonderful for me since I don't have to portion up my junk food anymore, and deal with the temptation while I'm doing it. Other people can't touch them without setting themselves off on a carb-induced binge.

I'm interested to know how the Arabic food store is.

Happy New Year everyone!

Anne
Old 01-02-2009, 05:28 AM   #13  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Welcome Lily (lilyyoung)

Lily (lilyyoung)

Welcome to the Beck Diet Solution / Complete Beck Diet for Life Discussion Group, Support Group, Diet Coach / Diet Buddy Group.

And, in honor of your first post on 3FC,

How did you initially find out about The Beck Diet Solution?

And how did you find 3FC and this thread?
Old 01-02-2009, 06:26 AM   #14  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Friday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Was a lazy laid back New Years Day. Did get in a nice long walk in the bitter cold. CREDIT moi.

Worked out a new method with DW for minimizing needle shed while removing the Christmas tree. We tilted the tree over on to a large tarp which then served as a sling to carry out the tree. Worked like a charm - no needles on the rug or floor of the front hall. Seems like our trees are dryer each year, and shed more.

onebyone - Ouch for the roller coaster part, but Big Time Yay for the contact with your mother and with the other members of your family.

Kudos for moving forward with your cleaning and decluttering. That encourages me to keep up with my challenges in the clutter department.

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Dinner at a "legendary Italian Restaurant" sounds fun. Kudos for giving yourself credit even when you didn't feel like it.

Heidi (landlady6) - Waving. Hoping your DD let you sleep in on New Years day.

Robin (RobinW) - What a neat story of mother/daughter bonding over Nintendo DS. I think it's amazing that she gave you a Nintendo racing game - that's a pretty positive image of her mother right there.

Kudos for the success of your 21 day challenge. Methinks I'm in agreement with onebyone on the weighing issue. Perhaps a good reread of the (several) chapters in Beck about preparing to weigh in would be helpful to get your mind around not being tweaked by the number. However, I recognize that YMMV and that a period of avoiding the scale might be your choice.

Susan (QuilterInVA) - Ouch for the dislocated thumb and for the disruption to your Curves routine. But Kudos for continuing your exercises using DVDs at home. And Congrats for that weight loss using WW. That's a hefty chunk gone in less than 4 weeks.

Anne (wndranne) - Thanks for thinking out loud about navigating the 5 Stages starting from your current location. 'Tis good to find a path rather than blow the whole thing off because the fit isn't obvious.

Special Kudos for mindful eating despite a fatigue factor around 8.

freer - Yep, Kudos for giving yourself credit for making it through the holidays "unscathed". What does starting Jazercize at "1 class again" mean?

Chris (Anglemoma210) - Good news about your DH's long conversation with the EEO folks. Continue sending supportive thoughts for a good resolution for you guys.

Seems like you're making a wise choice to pursue your a-fib with your doctor. Good luck with that.

Andrea (thinkerbell) - Congrats on maintaining that 21 pound loss. And Kudos for starting 2009 with nothing hung over.

Lily (lilyyoung) - Seems smart to make keeping up with your exercise a priority for 2009. Many folks find their weight loss stalling if they aren't working exercise into their plans. I find that my gym provides motivation for me when I'm not feeling it myself. And I find it easy to adjust my workout around whatever body parts aren't operating at their best. Is there a nearby gym with a water aerobics option?

Readers -
"But before you change what you eat, you learn important skills:
• How to motivate yourself every day, make dieting a priority, give yourself credit, and cope with hunger and cravings.
. . ." The Complete Beck Diet for Life, pg 14.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 01-02-2009 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 01-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #15  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Thankyou onebyone, Anne, and Bill for your imput on the scale issue. I sort of did what you suggested onebyone(you got me thinking about it), then read Anne's post later last night(more thinking), and Bill's post this morning cemented it. So........I got on. Im not thrilled but it moved down! My first 21 day challenge netted me a 16lb loss. Ok, so after reading Anne's post I realized that yes the scale is a tool. I also "know" that certain things help speed the process along....and that when I dont do these things, it reflexs in the scale. Water is a biggie!!! The more I drink, the more I loose.....add planned exercise and the weight will come off consistently for me.

What did I learn? Drink my water!!!!!

Bill~ Yah for a relaxing new years day ....my dd commented when we were driving home yesterday that she was happy I didnt really drive like I did in her game!!

onebyone~ Kudos for working out your plan! Im glad you got your mom on the phone too

Anne~ Im loving watching you work thru the new book!! Thank you for sharing here!

Speaking of the new Beck book, I picked it up yesterday. Dd and I went out shopping again yesterday and this was on my list to pick up while we were out.

Food was right on yesterday, exercise was walking the malls (again) but not nearly enough water. A small kudos tho, I bought a bottle of water in the mall yesterday.

Today starts my 2nd 21day challenge. Planned exercise....15minutes worth at a minimum everyday!

I need to get some grocery shopping done today too.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by RobinW; 01-02-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Closed Thread