Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-05-2009, 12:10 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Post workout snack ideas - preferably high in protein

OK, so here's my dilemma.

I've started a new routine where I have a quick breakfast at home before going to the gym, work out between 6 and 7am and then go to work, starting at 7:30am. My first break at work is usually around 10am, so I really need some snack ideas for post workout.

They need to be fairly portable (able to survive life in my bag or the cooler bag I carry my lunch in), and I'd prefer something that's not too extreme in calories and high in protein. I looked at the protein bars at the gym, but most of them were around 150 - 200 cals which is a little on the high side and they're a bit too expensive as well.

I've been taking boiled eggs, but I know I'm going to get sick of those before too long, so any suggestions anyone can give me will be greatfully received. I'm normally good at this sort of thing, but I'm having an absolute mental blank here!

Oh, I'd better add, tuna isn't an option because I've got an intolerance to it.

Thanks
Nicole

Last edited by nicolen; 01-05-2009 at 12:27 AM.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/154.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Nicole!

I love to eat bananas after I work out or a yogurt with berries
Sarah Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/302/200

Height: 5'6"

I am a big fan of WRAPS of any kind but preferable low carb, here are a few tried and true I use- Sliced turkey-mustard-swiss, spread the mustard between the meat/cheese & roll a few & put in a baggie-then in your cooler bag. I have done this with all types of lunch meat,cheeses and condiments. Also I make a wrap with leaf lettuce and EITHER chicken,canned crab,black olives and fresh chive, mixed w/ the low fat cream cheese and spread on the leaf lettuce and then roll it on UP! The possiblities are endless with cream cheese, you could add sliced grapes, walnuts whatever you like. I never use mayo though beacuse of the spoilage thing but have never had a problem w/ cream cheese or lunchmeat/cheese and mustard roll ups!! Hope you like it.
dinomama is offline   Reply With Quote