Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-01-2009, 09:10 AM   #1  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default A New Year without resolutions

I haven't been around long enough to know if we get a real spike in new or returning members at this time of year. The annual resolution groups. I know must gyms and diet retailers do.
Have you seen Valerie Bertinelli's commercials about not making a resolution to lose weight this year? (touting jenny craig).
Thats how I feel. No need to start a diet, no need to start exercising. Just to keep on doing what I'm doing. Its quite freeing.
Looking forward to getting fitter and healthier, dropping a few more pounds, not starting "from scratch".
So best wishes to everyone here, already dealing with their issues.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

I feel the same way. NO New Year's resolution for me. Thats one reason I started back on Dec 2nd and have lost 9lbs before the New year even got year. Anytime i have ever started with "I will start on Jan 1" I binge until then then never stick with it.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248/241.5/150

Height: 5'9

I totally understand even though I'm a newbie. I've tried this a million and one times and it's never worked so I'm not trying anymore, I'm just doing it.
whitneyallison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
Looking forward to getting fitter and healthier, dropping a few more pounds, not starting "from scratch".
That DOES feel nice
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:02 PM   #5  

I've tried to outline goals for myself, but left them flexible enough to not set myself up for failure. So instead of "lose 10 pounds" I've turned that into "make healthier food choices and not allow others to influence my choices." I just know otherwise if I make them too rigid, I'll feel like I failed which is never good!
bosoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #6  
Eternal Optimist

S/C/G: 172/166/Fit & Healthy

Height: 5'7"

Exactly! The only thing I'm resolving is to NOT diet - that's what started this whole mess.

I just want to have a healthy mind and body. My "resolution" is to be good to myself.
Pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote