Old 12-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Default Loving the Momentum Plan

I had just decided to try Core when they started talking about the new plan. I was tired of counting points and didn't want to count anything any more and here they came with a New Plan. Well, I joined online to get the info when Momentum Plan came out on the website because I decided that WW is good at keeping up to date on healthy eating. Plus I read that WW program is the #1 weight loss plan that not only helps you lose the weight, but also is great #1 for keeping it off. You can't get a better rating than that. So I decided to go ahead and try it. I am totally enjoying this new plan. I enjoy things like a walnuts in my oatmeal each morning and I like the flavored FF Lite 'n Fit (& don't have to add sweetner) which were not Core as well as some other things I liked weren't either. Now I get to keep those things with Momentum. So I have to say I am very impressed with so many new things they've done with the program as well as the way the new program works. I have lost 3.5 lbs since I started and hope to at least stay around that during the holiday. I am definitely loving the Momentum Plan.

Have a good day.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

I am really interested in Momentum.I've been counting points for about ten years, and have been fairly successful, but I'll admit to getting tired of counting.

I'm kind of nervous about eating to satisfaction, while points forced more of a portion minded way of doing things for me.

After all the holiday hubbub is over, including my travel, I'm thinking about joining meetings. Not sure though.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Optical Goddess,

I will try to write this again. The last time I wrote it and hit send and had been knocked off line. I understand how you feel about eating to satisfaction as I felt the same way. However, what I do is use the portions to keep from overeating. For example, I still use the yogurt that I always used in my oatmeal which is actually half a serving. I don't use the point as I have to eat that much, but rather as a guide that I can have that much if I want it. That way I get to eat the things that I like, but eat only as much as I desire without going over the amount allowed. I hope this helps.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #4  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

I'm very pleased with the Momentum Plan. I didn't like having two Groups (Core and Flex); I thought it split us and we need all the support we can get -- as a team. I also like being able to eat real (not junk) foods that aren't Core. And I think the materials are very good -- they're clear, they've broken down the program (all the habits that need to be relearned and tips on how to do it) into manageable chunks.

I FINALLY hit 25 pounds lost, so I'm pleased.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:25 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I always did Flex, so the changes to me seem pretty minimal. But I'm only in Week 1 so maybe I don't have all the info yet. I do think it's easier to split recipes using this new plan with chicken & such as core foods that you can eat to satisfaction. I don't feel like I have to be so "perfect" w/ weighing out portions if a recipe is made up of all core & zero point foods. I just count the core food points & be done with it. Less stressful to cook for 2.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:23 PM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
I didn't like having two Groups (Core and Flex);
There still are the 2 arms of W/W Points and Simply Filling (ie, flex and core).

I like that they finally recognized those of us who were follow Clex or Flore (points with concentration on the filling foods/core foods).

In reality nothing has changed much between what was Flex/Core and Momentum.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:34 PM   #7  

Well, the two programs aren't separate like they used to be. Flex and Core totally stood apart from one another, while the two ideas are really intertwined with Momentum. We now count points for things always, and some of us try to stick as closely to the filling foods list as possible while portioning out our food and counting accordingly, while others use the Simply Filling technique to eat until they are satisfied of foods on the list, and count as per usual the rest of what they eat. The only difference really is the way Filling Foods are treated by either party. I don't think they are really separate anymore.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Well, the two programs aren't separate like they used to be. Flex and Core totally stood apart from one another,
Yes for the points counting they finally intertwined it but the Simply Filling technique is just Core thus (at least in my opinion) there are still 2 arms of W/W and that is the way my leader is presenting it.

Points (flex) and Simply Filling (core).

Last edited by Kelly_S; 12-29-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

In what way does the "Flex" side of Momentum deal with the Simply Filling foods?

I was planning on counting things like I always do, but trying to stay on the Core/ Simply Filling list, so I would be choosing healthier choices but would be counting like I always had.

Are the pts diferent for Simply Filling foods?

TIA
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:41 AM   #10  

In the new trackers there are boxes for you to check off if a food you eat is from the Filling Foods list. That is to encourage us to choose those foods over others (with good reason). There is no requirement to eat from that list but it is helpful!

As for the Simply Filling technique, as I understand it you eat from the Filling Foods list and count a set number of points for each food regardless of how much you eat, and you eat to satisfaction. I don't have my books with me but an example might be avocado, which is 2 points for a serving (1/4 avocado), is 3 or 4 "set" points and you eat as much as you are happy with (within reason) at your meal. If that makes sense. I admit I am still a little fuzzy on this part as we haven't gotten there yet at our meetings!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #11  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
As for the Simply Filling technique, as I understand it you eat from the Filling Foods list and count a set number of points for each food regardless of how much you eat, and you eat to satisfaction.
No in the week 6 booklet it is all set out like Core just like Core. The first 1-5 weeks they want to get people more in tune with portion control, getting in touch with the satisfaction levels.

I have both online (DH's account); e-tools (mine) and meeting materials. I asked for the Week 6 info because I alternate back and forth between Points/Flex and Simply Filling/Core.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:50 PM   #12  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 195/158/130

Height: 5'3"

I don't attend meetings but am on the flex plan. I am enjoying the lists for filling foods, it seems more expanded then the core plan was. I just can't stick with core, I go overboard with my portions!
OnlyWomanInTheHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:55 PM   #13  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I like that the filling foods are marked so well. I was on flex and I know the core foods were marked when you entered them but the green diamonds are nice. I also like that the fruits are like 2 set points so I don't have to count grapes, I can just take the set points. I don't know maybe just cause it's something different but I am liking it.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #14  

I LOVE the set points thing. I always felt like I was spending too much time weighing stuff out. Now I can just eat as much fruit as I want in one sitting & count it as 2 & not stress about it. I mean, let's face it I didn't get to this weight by binge eating fruit
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:17 PM   #15  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 195/158/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRCATON View Post
I mean, let's face it I didn't get to this weight by binge eating fruit
OnlyWomanInTheHouse is offline   Reply With Quote