Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #1  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Default January Worldly Chicks Feeling Fine In 2009!

WELL MY CHICKIE FRIEND HERE WE ARE IN JANUARY!!
WILL WE BE MAKING SOME NEW GOALS? RESOLUTIONS IF YOU WILL.
WE ARE IN A NEW MONTH AND A BRAND NEW YEAR! 365 DAYS TO MAKE OURSELF HEALTHY, WEALTHY AND WISE! LET US NOT WASTE EVEN ONE OF THOSE DAYS! CHEERS MY FRIENDS TO A FRESH START FOR ALL OF US

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-01-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy New Year, Worldlies! I am so darned glad to see the end of 2008!

Raising my coffee mug to health and happiness in 2009.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #3  
Happy September

I LEFT A LINK AND HOPE IT WORKS. IT DID FOR ME!
HERE'S TO JANUARY!!!!

HI MISS RUTH!!! NEXT WEEK YOU WILL BE OUR FIRST BIRTHDAY GIRL THIS MONTH!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-01-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

To all the chicks a happy new year.

mel
Thanks for starting us out in January.

Ruth
glad you stopped by.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #5  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Looking forward to what this years brings. Cheers, to Happiness & Health

Ok, let's start the new year with the truth... just changed my ticker... I've gained, but soon that number will come down..

Last edited by 1day@atime; 01-01-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #6  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Happy New Year to you all. I hope 2009 is one filled with hope and good things and pleasant surprises all year long. I think there was enough bad times last year to cover the quota for this year. I am always amazed at how the time flies in one regard yet seems to stand stock still in another.

Mel - Jen and you are always in my prayers no matter what. Whether you believe or not, sometimes a little extra "help" can't hurt, ya know Thanks for setting up the new thread, I was going to last night but got distracted I guess which happens alot lately.

I'm feeling a bit less "liquidy" this morning but the "cement" that is in my nose and lungs is looking very much like sinus infection. I really, REALLY hate the idea of going to the doctor - only because it takes so darn long - wish they had those "minute clinics" here at the pharmacies. I know from past experience that sometimes you catch one of these bugs and it just keeps coming back over and over until you get the antibiotics to kill it once and for all. We'll give it 2 more days and see how it goes.

Other than that - looking forward to a fresh start with you. I logged my weight on WW yesterday and see they have a new program - I guess they morphed their core and points programs into something "new". Going to go read up and find out more.

Happy New Year to all the chicks - success in everything that you choose to challenge yourself this year!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #7  

Happy New Year!

I woke feeling refreshed and ready to go. 2008 has been an okay year. Lots of “wins”! Focused on clean eating and starting some walking.

This cracked me up!

“My grandpa started walking
Five miles a day when he was 60…
Now he’s 97 years old
And we don’t know where he is.”

Putting aside the fear I may end up on the west coast and I will walk a bit today. LOL!

Going tubing is a few min!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 02:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hiya all,
Had a post already to go this morning and the computer decided to update Vista and windows. Oh joy.
Yesterday when I tried to get on I got all sorts of messages about spambot and spyware and dire warnings of activities trying to rob me of all my money. I decided to download Norton antivirus rather than the Rapid Antivirus that was being very insistent I give them $59.95. Since I had never heard of it I decided it was causing me as many problems as it was pretending to fix. So Norton it was US$100.00 please. But it does cover up to three computers so I considered it worthwhile. However it doesn't seem compatible with Vista and I am having terrible trouble trying to even get onto the net much less sorting out any spyware. It is so tough it even suppresses some of the boot up sequences and so I don 't seem to even get booted up properly. To get on the net, I have to use Administrator rights and it is a PIA bigtime. Plus I don't actually think it has completely cleared the virus yet. If I ever had one. Vista is still warning me of spyware and spambot trying to access my computer. PIA PIA PIA.

So if I am not around for a while, then don't get excited, I am just locked out of my computer. Robbie will be around to take it away next week. I may or may not be here.

Had an e-mail from Teel this morning. She hasn't had a good year. I haven't replied to it yet but will do so tonight. Here is the email for those who remember her:

Hello my dear friend
Yes Its me at last communicating from the other side of the world... I have not had time to put finger to keyboard as I shall now explain!!
This year has turned out to be the nearly the worst posibble...but not quite
It started out all right...I had a few days away in Amsterdam in April with a dear American friend who sadly had to go back to the states as her military husband's abroad posting came to and end. We went to the Keurkenhof (?sp!!) and did some other touristy bits like a canal cruisa and the weather freezing!

But then my dearest West Highland Terrier Holly suddenly became ill and was diagnosed with Cushings Disease and Diabetes right on my birthday in the middle of June and despite expensive medication and blood tests I had to do the right thing by her and have her euthanased on July 1st. Joy, I know you will understand what I went through...and yes I miss her dearly and STILL feel her jumping up on the bed and turning round to get comfortable...

Then on 17th July both parents were diagnosed with senile vascular dementia and my life turned upside down having to do the 120 mile round trip and stay for days at a time to sort out filing and paperwork until they agreed it would be good to move into Thurston and near me, This was decided in October and I found them a dear little bungalow 5 mins walk from me and after a VERY stressfull 7 weeks or so, they moved in on December 11th!! Friends and I worked like Trojans for a week emptying boxes so they could settle in before Christmas. They have SO much to get rid of its going to take a good few months yet to complete the job ! Its so hard to see them both dementing and unable to remember the simplest of things but after the New Year break we will go see their new g.p. Again and push for support services to go in and assess . At the moment I am their carer and to say its wearing me out is the understatement of last year.

So that's why Christmas hasn;t happened this year...people have got their pressies but they are not wrapped up and I haven;t written any cards...but the thought is all there and this is the first opportunity I have had to get on the computer for nearly a month!!!

So now I will wish you peace and joy for the coming year and hope you keep well

Love from Teel xx

I'll pass on any messages if required.

Thanks Mel for starting up the new thread. It was good to talk to you this morning even tho' you started off as my stalker. For those scratching their heads, my phone rang three times with an out of area id showing. The first time I thought it might have been the Indians trying to talk me into a new phone or something - anyway they didn't speak to me so I disconnected. The second time - same thing. Third time DS2 picked up the phone and said there wasn't anyone there. So a glimmer of light entered the brain and I figured it was Mel - well maybe the e-mail clinched the idea. So I rung her and lo and behold we spoke!!! Long and loud. Seems she could hear me but I couldn't hear her. Why it should be different when I rung her I don't know. Have you actually plugged the handset in???

That's about it for the time being. Have to go. There is a man on the phone again about a job. I will be back tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:48 AM   #9  
Happy September

SHAD~ I AM GLAD YOU FIGURED IT OUT. JEN WAS LAUGHING WHEN I TOLD HER THE STORY. I SAID SHAD AND DS2 THINK I AM MAKING CRANK CALLS!! IT WAS GOOD TO TALK TO YOU ALSO. HOPE THE SPAMBOT STUFF ENDS AND ALL IS WELL WITH THE PC!

THANKS SHAD TOO FOR PASSING ON THE INFO ABOUT TEEL. I WAS SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT HER YEAR. MUST BE VERY HARD FOR HER TO GO THRU ALL THIS AND WITH ALL HER OWN CONDITIONS AS WELL. SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS OUT HER WAY AND A

HAPPY~ HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.

TODAY I NEED A LOT OF REST. SOMEHOW I HAVE DEVELOPED A REALLY BAD SINUS CASE OVERNIGHT. WOKE TOTALLY CONGESTED WITH ANOTHER COUGH AND CAN BARELY KEEP MY EYES OPEN. SO OFF TO BREAKFAST AND THEN A LIE DOWN AND THEN I MUST TACKLE THE GOVERNMENT! AS OF LAST NIGHT JEN IS DOING WELL AND SHE TOO IS RESTING.

TO ALL THE WORLDLY CHICKS. SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT. HAPPY FRIDAY AND WISHING YOU ALL A GREAT WEEKEND!!
Old 01-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #10  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

I'm finally doing a bit better. Had a pretty broken up night. Had to sleep upright on the couch and woke up at least 3 times with a choking cough but I think we're finally on the other side moving to getting better.

Mel - it's good to hear that Jen is feeling better too. Take care of that sinus situation - it's what is dragging me down now and if you don't rest up, it will just come round again and attack like a lion. I was wondering if you were going to spend the day on the telephone with the bad guys again. Can't tell you how infuriating it is to me when I hear of situations like that when others are floating on someone else's dime

Shad - sorry to hear you are having so many PC problems. Interesting you say you are having issues with Norton. I just renewed McAfee and we were considering dumping it for Norton because our browsers seem to lock up and be slower than before the install. And I'm running XP not Vista. Thank you for the update on Teel. Very sad to hear about poor Holly - I know like Shad was to you, they were constant companions. Please pass along any other news as you get it.

Geez Ruth - over 17 THOUSAND Posts - you sure are a chatter I should have more than I do but twice already my counter got reset somehow. I think the same thing happened to Shad.

Anyways... I need to get out of here and off to work. Sorry I couldn't do more personals - will be back later. Take care everyone
Old 01-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #11  
Smackin' into a Wall

Mel~ Thanks for the new thread. My best thoughts for Jen. I hope her recovery and ongoing issues are soon resolved. And yours too as well, my friend.

Happy~ I’m noticed the new WW program too but haven’t had a chance to look at it in detail yet. It looks good though, so here’s hoping. Keep drinking lots of water and you could be right that you may just have to bite the bullet and see a Dr.

Shad~ Hope the computer gods smile on you soon. I’ve been using AVG as my antivirus for a couple of years now and I’ve never had a virus problem. You might want to consider it. I have it on my desktop (XP) and my laptop (Vista) and it works great on both. And it’s free. Free is good. Thanks for passing on Teel’s news. That’s a lot for one person to have to deal with. My best wishes to her.

I’ve signed up for WW online again since it worked for me before. It only stopped working once I stopped doing it. Oh, it’s funny how that works. I’ve also started posting in the old journals again. I think I need to go back to all the things that worked for me. I’ll try to stop in here from time to time.

I have to get cleaned up. The DH and I are heading downtown to run some errands. Must get this day started.

Happy new year to all the chicks on the thread!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just popping in to say hello

There is not happening this second day of the new year.

Shad
Thanks for the information about Teel. Hope you can get the pc up and running. I've noticed that when McAffee needs to be renewed the computer tries to mess up more.

Mel
Take care of yourself. Glad Jen is feeling better also.

Happy
Glad to hear that your chest cold is starting to break up.

Where is Annie and Michelle?

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-02-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #13  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy New Year, My Friends!!!!

Ok, you sickies, this is Feeling Fine 2009!! Get healthy and stay healthy...and feel your best!!

Thanks MEL for starting the gig for us to run on....hope Jen is feeling better. Fybroids are really painful.

Shad..that dang Norton security gave me the ***. I actually stayed on the phone with my provider to find out that it was Norton that was causing me not to be able to get on the internet. Then had to call Norton and get the dang thing taken completely off for my puter to work right. The scarey thing now is I have no security scan on my puter at the moement.

Madcat...Goodluck with WW. Any program will work if you put your mind to it AND continue to eat healthy. We all know that tho.

Happy...glad to hear you are finally feeling a bit better. Same to you Michelle.

Holly....I didn't even walk anywhere and I don't know where I am. lol.

Howdie One Day...Ruthie....Ceejay...

I made black eyed peas and corned beef and cabbage stew for the new year's goodluck. I know one thing it gave me a lot of...GAS!! haha I took the cabbage stew over to my parents house yesterday, they loved it. Mom was really happy cause "oh, I forgot to get cabbage for goodluck, that would of ruined my entire 2009" How cute is that. Her entire year depended on the cabbage. Tony and I called it midnight at 8:00 pm as he had to work new year's day and get up at 3:00 am.

We get early release again today. I have had a headache for 3 days. I think I am going to go by the video store and rent a couple of movies, maybe go tanning to get some good vibes, then go home and take a nap in slience and darkness. I haven't tanned since before I got layed off from my other job.

HAPPIEST OF NEW YEAR'S LADIES, GOOD FORTUNE, GREAT HEALTH, AND MUCH HAPPINESS.

LOVE AND HUGS
Old 01-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #14  
Choose your hard

I ate a spoonful of coleslaw yesterday - does that fufill the cabbage / good luck requirement? Gosh I hope so because even I don't want to be around me eating cabbage

Geez what does Tony do that he has to be up at 3am for work? Baker? Candlestick maker?

Nothing happening down here a little south either Ceejay. Probably a good thing.

Madcat - new WW program is just a slight mix up of the core and points plans. They say they merged them but then give you tips to pick them apart in case you were in love with the core program and hate counting points. I read through all the stuff yesterday - doesn't really seem different to me.

Thanks for the comments on Norton's Antivirus. Here I was thinking McAfee was lousy - guess they all are.

Last edited by happy2bme; 01-02-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Happy - guess they are all lousy simply because of the lousy job they do. I never had a problem with the previous Norton antivirus so I guess it is just a matter of tweaking this one until it sorts itself out. DS2 spoke to Rob yesterday (computer man) and he is coming out to take a look next week. Meantime he says to turn off the firewall and just use the Vista one so I have done that but there is no improvement and at the moment I can't play Mahjong or Solitaire because it refuses to load. Bah humbug.
By the way - congratulations on the 7lbs down for the year. And I guess a fair bit of that came from the time you were doing gym frequently. Just goes to show how good exercise can be for the body doesn't it.

Mel - sorry to hear that our conversation gave you a pain in the head. I suppose it is better than a PIA tho' really.

Madcat - should have come to you before embarking on this antivirus thingy. I was so cross with the DS2 for bringing in junk that I just jumped on Norton as I had never had a problem with it before. I've no doubt it will be absolutely fine on the other computers (running XP). Vista has so many of it's own built in safeguards that it is hard to know what to run and what to turn off. Free is very good.

Annie - Cabbage for good luck!!!! who knew.

Okay - I'll pass on your good wishes to Teel today and send her some hugs from us all. Meantime I'd better get down and dirty in the garden before the rain comes. Gotta hate summer in the tropics.
You lot might be all over winter but I'm all over summer already and I have only been home a couple of days. The humidity really drains the body and enthusiasm. Siesta time is very welcome after lunch.

Wonder of wonders. That cat has caught a mouse and wants to bring it inside. Go away cat!!!!
Closed Thread