Old 01-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Default 30 Something's New Year's chat ~ January 1, 2009

Happy New Year everyone!!

Wishing you all the healhiest and happiest new year ever! Let's make this the one that we meet our goals!!

Nothing going on today... just laundry and watching the Mummers Parade (Yes, I live 5 minutes from Philly).

Diet has been on track this week. Not 100% but close.

Hope you all have a great day!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Happy New Year all!!

DH & I had a nice time at dinner, then passed out after about a 1/2 hr. of annoying Kelly Pickler on Dick Clark's Rockin' NYE. We were both miserable anyway, sinus' have us feeling like zombies. Boys are having a great time with Grandma. We're headed over there shortly. Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I am on a mission to find some spices to make some yummy meals. I decided to add flavor instead of fat.

We had a relaxing time last night. We made a great dinner, the kids went to bed easily and then we watched Tropical Thunder with Ben Stiller. It was a dumb movie, but I think that was the point of it. Then to bed. I stayed awake until 11:15. I tried really hard to stay awake until midnight, but no luck.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #4  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Happy New Year everyone!

Lauren, hope you both feel better, that's great of grandma to keep the boys and give you a date night.

Riley, don't know how you feel about curry but it will add alot of spice to your meals. I like to add it to chicken.

Disgruntled one, just wanted to let you know I love the new pic/avatar. That looks like a big margarita!

Poppy! Enjoy the parade! Are you going to it or watching it on tv?

I've been MIA alot lately. We are expecting a new baby in May. I found out yesterday it's a boy. The kids are pretty excited. Especially Spencer, he's excited about a baby brother. I've not felt so great, alot of morning sickness and other stuff.

The kids and I are going today to visit with my grandparents.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Alicia - Congratulations on a baby boy!!!!!!
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alicia ~ congrats! You know I had a funny feeling a few weeks back after reading one of your notes that maybe you were prego. Your older kids are at a sweet age for babysitting. Is Spencer is 10 now?

Riley ~ do you have a Penzey's spice shop near you? If not, check out their website. GREAT spices. I especially like one called "Fox Point." It's good on steamed veggies, fish, poultry, etc., etc... I've really cut down on how much butter I add since I started using more spices/herbs in my cooking.

All the best to everyone for 2009 ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/148/130

Height: 5'6"

Just have a quick minute to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone. I know that I'm a newbie but I appreciate this forum and the encouragement it gives me to continue on my weight loss path.
Gotta go take care of the horses.
doubledetermined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Alicia - Congrats on the baby!! And no... I have no intentions of sitting outside to watch the parade in 20 degree weather!! LOL I went to the Phillies parade when they won the world series and didn't see a thing! That is the LAST time for that... for now I am TV all the way!! LOL
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

alicia...congrats!!!!!!!!!

hey to everyone else..as for me...dh and i went to a great tapas bar for dinner and had a nice dinner..i did end up going a little over plan...but that's ok...i got back in gear today. I did have to work, but luckily we closed at 4 and i was out of there by shortly after 4. i then went to the gym and worked out. Stayed op today so it was good. HAd a call tonight from one of the boarders at my horses barn..and i'm getting a little concerned that the place i moved my pony to will be taking a drastic turn in feb. See i moved him out there because it was a quiet relaxing place with great pastures. Well it appears in feb we will be getting 12 horses moving out there with a training who trains a bunch of 11 and 12 yr olds. Not that i don't love kids...i do..but one of the things i loved about this place...was it was quiet and relaxing and wasn't a busy crazy place. So i'll have to see how it goes come feb...but i have a feeling it may not be what i'll like...so we'll see what happens.

hey double just say you have horses too...ahh another crazy horse person LOL

hey to everyone else hope everyone is doing well.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/200/150

Height: 5'9

Greetings and Happy New Year from a Newbie,

What a great supportive board this seems to be. And it appears like there are alot of fellow horse owners on here. I training reining horses and am an equine homeopathic vet and ride 3 day eventers for fun in my "spare" time.

Here's to a great new healthy year for all of us.

Jen
jeninco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey there jenico...welcome..i too am a vet...i practice small animal however. But i own a horse that i ride dressage. Very cool. Nice to meet you. and yes you are right...very great and supportive place.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #12  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Happy New Year everyone! And, welcome to the new members!

Today, we went over my grandmother's house for a visit. She made spaghetti with meatballs and it was pretty good. Had a good visit, even though I fell asleep for like 45 minutes.

I'm feeling pretty good enough to get my workouts back going again tomorrow. I was supposed to take it easy, and I think three full days plus the half a day Monday is good enough that the area should be healed up enough not to be bothered by me working out. And, it's felt weird not working out for a few days.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Happy New Years all!! It's been a busy holiday season...and tomorrow we entertain again! Hoping all this social activity doesn't do too much harm to the the diet...I've definately tried to stay on plan but I haven't deprived myself either...We'll know Sunday!!

Here's to a happy and healthy 2009!!
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/171/146

Height: 5' 5"

Hope everyone is off to a wonderful New Year!! Best to all for 2009!
LauraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #15  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Ack, totally missed your post about the baby Alicia! Congrats!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote