View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 07:26 AM   #14
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Friday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Was a lazy laid back New Years Day. Did get in a nice long walk in the bitter cold. CREDIT moi.

Worked out a new method with DW for minimizing needle shed while removing the Christmas tree. We tilted the tree over on to a large tarp which then served as a sling to carry out the tree. Worked like a charm - no needles on the rug or floor of the front hall. Seems like our trees are dryer each year, and shed more.

onebyone - Ouch for the roller coaster part, but Big Time Yay for the contact with your mother and with the other members of your family.

Kudos for moving forward with your cleaning and decluttering. That encourages me to keep up with my challenges in the clutter department.

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Dinner at a "legendary Italian Restaurant" sounds fun. Kudos for giving yourself credit even when you didn't feel like it.

Heidi (landlady6) - Waving. Hoping your DD let you sleep in on New Years day.

Robin (RobinW) - What a neat story of mother/daughter bonding over Nintendo DS. I think it's amazing that she gave you a Nintendo racing game - that's a pretty positive image of her mother right there.

Kudos for the success of your 21 day challenge. Methinks I'm in agreement with onebyone on the weighing issue. Perhaps a good reread of the (several) chapters in Beck about preparing to weigh in would be helpful to get your mind around not being tweaked by the number. However, I recognize that YMMV and that a period of avoiding the scale might be your choice.

Susan (QuilterInVA) - Ouch for the dislocated thumb and for the disruption to your Curves routine. But Kudos for continuing your exercises using DVDs at home. And Congrats for that weight loss using WW. That's a hefty chunk gone in less than 4 weeks.

Anne (wndranne) - Thanks for thinking out loud about navigating the 5 Stages starting from your current location. 'Tis good to find a path rather than blow the whole thing off because the fit isn't obvious.

Special Kudos for mindful eating despite a fatigue factor around 8.

freer - Yep, Kudos for giving yourself credit for making it through the holidays "unscathed". What does starting Jazercize at "1 class again" mean?

Chris (Anglemoma210) - Good news about your DH's long conversation with the EEO folks. Continue sending supportive thoughts for a good resolution for you guys.

Seems like you're making a wise choice to pursue your a-fib with your doctor. Good luck with that.

Andrea (thinkerbell) - Congrats on maintaining that 21 pound loss. And Kudos for starting 2009 with nothing hung over.

Lily (lilyyoung) - Seems smart to make keeping up with your exercise a priority for 2009. Many folks find their weight loss stalling if they aren't working exercise into their plans. I find that my gym provides motivation for me when I'm not feeling it myself. And I find it easy to adjust my workout around whatever body parts aren't operating at their best. Is there a nearby gym with a water aerobics option?

Readers -
"But before you change what you eat, you learn important skills:
How to motivate yourself every day, make dieting a priority, give yourself credit, and cope with hunger and cravings.
. . ." The Complete Beck Diet for Life, pg 14.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month

Last edited by BillBlueEyes : 01-02-2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Typos