Old 01-01-2009, 08:28 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Default The January Club - 2009

Happy New Year! Time for a new start, a clean slate, to turn over a new leaf! There are a few of us who started together last January to change our lives for the better. We have had ups and downs, successes and frustrations, but through it all we have offered support and friendship to each other. We will continue our journey here, but this thread is open for anyone who has resolved to be healthier in 2009. Tell us your goals and share a little about yourself. We will all work together to be FINE in '09!

WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I'm am currently about halfway through my weight loss journey. Last January I joined 3FC with my friend Mindy. In 2008, I lost 48 pounds using purely diet and exercise. I have about 40 more pounds to go before reaching my goal weight, and might even like to go lower than that. For now, losing the 40 pounds will be just fine, thank you! Last year, I lost 35 from January to June, so I am hoping I can do that again. Mindy and I are teachers together in Michigan, and we work out together after school every day, and keep each other on track. We have competed in 2 Biggest Loser competitions at work, and won one of them when we were doing "Couples". We begin another BL race in a few weeks, so I am very excited. I look forward to hearing everyone's successes and setbacks. It will be great to help each other stay on track!
Kelly530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #3  

Hi!

I was so glad to be able to find our new thread so easily. Thanks Ward for getting us going again and I LOVE the Fine in 09...that's going in my journal to remind me of what my goal is summed up

To anyone that is new and finds us...we would love to have you here with us to share our successes and help us through the hard times--we promise to do the same for you.

Ward, Mindy and Kelly had a GREAT year last year when it came to weight loss. Me, I did NOT! But it wasn't a failure. I learned so much about myself here and it has set the stage for good things to happen and much success in 2009 for me--I can just feel it. This will be the year that I control the binges and emotional eating and by doing so, I will show a huge loss this year.

I had a good on plan day. I even had a birthday part to attend and I stayed on plan. No mindless eating. One of the things I know I need to do is to stop and think about what I'm about to eat..and if need be have conversations with myself if I'm not eating for fuel. I did have a few of those today. I had waited a little to long to fix my lunch and while I was fixing it I saw a cookie, I thought I could have one while I"m fixing my lunch and then I said to myself, why, you are going to have food in about 5 minutes..I can wait, eat my lunch and then decide if I want the cookie...I didn't want it and that allowed me to have a small brownie at the birthday party--Aften I had my dinner there.

The new year has gotten off to a good start for me and I feel good about that.

See you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #4  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

hi Ladies. It seems I am the last of our core group to check in. I just finished my 5K for "Stinkin up the New Year Challenge." It is cold here in Michigan, so I did it inside with WATP. I am good with food today and totally committed. After some reflection today I realized I have been within about a 5 pound range all of Nov. and Dec. How frustrating.

Today I was up to 202.4. yuck!!! Maybe I snacked a bit too much at last night's party. Didn't seem like that much. I even worked out yesterday. All I can do is stick to 1400-1500 calories and workout most days. I am aiming for 45 min. a day.

Ward- Awesome job with the working out. You are a champ.

Susie- You have figured out a lot this past year. You will lose weight in 2009.

Kelly- Back to work soon and so back on track. We will reach our goals this year. Or die trying.

See ya tom.

Last edited by mtiger; 01-01-2009 at 09:21 PM.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:36 PM   #5  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread? I'm a bit of an old timer at 3fc, but I haven't been around for a long while and I feel that I'm finally in the right frame of mind to tackle my weight problems. I've weighed in today at 190.5lbs, so have around 55lbs to lose.

I've been so unhappy for years with the way I look and feel, but just haven't been motivated enough to do anything about it ... I've tried and failed miserably many times to lose weight and now I feel like my life is passing me by. I don't want to waste any more time feeling the way that I do. I want to do this the right way ... no gimmicky 'diets', or starving myself and then binging ... I'm choosing to eat healthily and taking it slowly, one step at a time. I'm doing this for myself and no one else. I'm not going to set myself any targets as I know from past experience that this always sets me up for failure ... if I haven't managed reached a certain target, for instance, I immediately feel like I've failed, and end up un-doing all the good work that I've already done.

I look forward to getting to know you all and hope that we can all give support and encouragement to each other to help us on our roads to success.
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Hi Nichola! We are very happy to have you on board! I totally agree with your outlook on weight loss. There is no point to starve yourself, go on some fad diet, or yo-yo all the time. The only way to lose and keep it off is to make a lifestyle change, or the weight will come right back on. I am like you, when I feel like I haven't reached a goal, I binge big time. This year I hope to talk myself out of that mode and not sabotage myself. My other resolution is to post on this site more often. I wasn't very consistent last year, and I feel so much better when I have so much encouragement from others. I am glad to meet you and look forward to your posts!

Susie--Glad to see you again! This will be your year! You have such a great mindset-- weight will be falling off because you are as determined as you are!

Mindy-- Can't "weight" for Monday. I kind of miss Kickboxer Kelly, so don't do her this weekend! I got new shoes this week, too, so I won't be complaining about those worn out shoes anymore!

Ward-- You are a rockstar working out as much as you have in the last year. Do you plan on keeping up that pace in 09?
Kelly530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #7  

Good morning,

I"m up early. DH is working today and I want to get some things done.
I just set up my new Ipod with some work-out music so I'm excited to get back to the gym on Sunday.

I wrote in my journal last night and I logged all my food on my food sheets. It felt good to do all that. I just want to be sure I keep up with it all when I get back to work. That's the funny thing, I do better with a routine but you all know how busy my routine gets with my job and then I get behind with the journal and the food...but not this time. It's ALL about me this time...it has to be. I'm tired of "loosing weight" being my hobby. I want to get it done this year and next year my hobby can be maintaining my weight loss.

I am having lunch with a friend today. Before that I want to organize a few shelves in the garage and write some letters to get mailed out. I"m about to have a bowl of ceral and get on with my day.

Hi Nicola--WELCOME...we are excited that you are here and look forward to your posting and being a help to you to reach your goals as we reach ours.

Mindy: I"ll say it again...I can't believe how much you work out now...I'm so proud of you for that. I know you want those scales to stay under 200 and you are frustrated that you can't seem to get out of that 5lb range. What about more lean protein? I've read where that can help with weight loss.

Kelly: I'm glad to read that you plan on posting more often...I like it when you are here! You inspire me.

Ward: Your numbers last year looked great. I'm thinking about keeping a spreadsheet of my workouts. Do you keep yours in Excel?

Ok...I'll see you all tomorrow. Stay on plan--we are doing this!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:57 AM   #8  

Hiya guys!

Newbie! My motto for this Year, 'ZEINAB, YOU'RE WORTH IT!'

Good luck to you all my darlings!
zeinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #9  
Maintainer Wannabe

Welcome, Nichola and Zeinab! I am looking forward to getting to know you both better.

Susie, I agree that this is going to be your year. You are mentally ready and that's half the battle.

Kelly & Mindy - Are you ready to go back to work? I have mixed feelings about my kids going back to school. On one hand, it's been nice having them home and we've had fun, but on the other hand, they can get a little rambunctious. Well, a lot.

As for me, I have stayed on plan for five straight days(!) and my workouts have been good. We have the final holiday party tomorrow. I plan to get up and to the gym early and avoid all food except fruits and veggies until I get home. (It's an open house at 11am.)

I also weighed and updated the current numbers in my profile. Wow, how easy was it to pack on that many pounds over the holidays? It'll be a lot harder going in the other direction, but I am up for it.

See you tomorrow!
Old 01-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #10  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone ... Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to getting to know you all and I promise to be a regular poster.

I've got off to a good start and I feel such a sense of relief that I'm finally doing something positive about my weight problem. I went food shopping yesterday and stocked up on lots of good stuff ... plenty of veggies, salad, fruit, chicken, etc. All of the Christmas goodies are gone out of the kitchen cupboards, so I've no excuses for not being able to eat healthily from now on.

I must confess that I've never really been into exercise, except in my younger days, when I used to do aerobics classes and go jogging, but that was many, many years ago, why back before I had kids ... my son will be 20 on Monday and my daughter is 16, so that gives you a good idea of how long it's been!! Anyway, I do realize that I need to start moving, so I plan to start walking more. I've got two dogs who need plenty of exercise, but it's usually hubby and the kids who do most of the dog walking. From now on though, I plan to do it more regularly. I'm going shopping this weekend to look for some decent footwear ... if I'm going to do it properly, I need to get some good walking shoes/trainers ... the ones I already have, have never really been that comfortable.

I had an ipod for Christmas ... I'm just waiting for one of the kids to put music on it for me ... I'm really rather naive when it comes to technology of this kind. My son has promised to do it today, so once that's done, and I've got some decent footwear, I'm ready to go! (OK, I know that's a running smilie, but I couldn't find one for walking so it'll have to do for now!)

Have a good weekend everyone! Make the most of it if you're all back to work on Monday like I am!
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #11  
mtiger

Wink

Ooh, Ooh, new people. How exciting. Welcome!! I am feeling better today since I was down about 2 pounds today. Yesterday I ate 1400 calories, worked out 45 min. and drank more water. I hope I have found the right mix. Today was pretty much the same, so hopefully I'll be in good shape tomorrow.

Nichola- You will find that this is not easy for any of us. We certainly have our struggles. What is nice is that we are here for each other. You can count on us. Had to laugh reading about your Ipod. I also got one for Christmas and my DD and I spent a few hours the other day loading music. Oh to be young again.

Kelly- New shoes are great. I will be ready to do some kickboxing. I am going to try for 45 min./day, so I might have to add in a little something more each day.

Susie- Accountability is so important. I can not let up any single day. Went to the movies today and was offered popcorn. Had to turn it down flat so I didn't overindulge. I need to make sure I am not sneeking in a nibble of this or a bit of that.

Zeinab- Welcome. I personally feel you have joined up with a great group of women.

Ward- I, on one hand, would love to stay home longer. But, I do so much better on a regular schedule, that in that respect it will be nice to go back.
I have gained and not changed my tickers. I guess I shoud do that.

See ya tom.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #12  

Hi Ladies,

I am on plan and doing well with it. I'm keeping a food sheet and a Feeling Journal. I have found it has helped me out of some emotional eating temptations already. Yesterdays was when I wanted a chocolate covered cherry (they are my DH's). I thought, just one and then I thought no...one will lead to many others. So I wrote about how good it would feel to not give in to that "just one" and I didn't.

DH and I went to the mall last night and I had some gift cards to the Footlocker...I bought myself a new pair of shoes for my workouts. I'm going tomorrow to the Y for a walk on the indoor track.

Ward: It's good to have you back and on plan. As much as you workout those lbs that you gained over the holidays will be gone soon.

Mindy: I'm glad to see that you had a 2lb loss. What you said about being on top of this everyday is so true. I will think of you saying no to that popcorn when I'm at the movies today with my nieces. I just won't have any, because I know that it would start a binge. If you can do it, so can I.

Nichola: Did you get your new shoes? I think both you and Kelly will love having your Ipods to workout with. If I don't have music I find it really hard to workout.

Kelly: How are you doing? I know you and Mindy are going to do another Biggest Loser contest at school and I think that will be great fun and and a big help to keeping yourself on track and getting to your goals this year.
I've never watched the show "The Biggest Loser" but I see that it starts on Tuesday so I'm going to watch it for inspiration.

Zeniab: Wclome to the January Club thread.

Ok..got to get moving here. I'll see you all tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #13  
Maintainer Wannabe

Hi guys. I made it through the open house. I got up extra early and worked out, then had a snack size zone perfect bar before we went. Despite all the delicious looking food, I ate some grapes, most of a clementine, and 8 almonds. I also skipped the wine and warm cider.

You guys are making me want new shoes. See you tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #14  

Hi girls,

For the past couple of days, not touched chocs or biccies. I've replaced them with cucumber & carrot sticks eaten with a red kidney bean dip (similar to humus). Also had low fat,cottage cheese mixed with tomatoes, cucumber & a little chili powder, to make it exciting. Even the kids loved it! I've really surprised myself not heading to the biccie drawer!

Kids go back to school Monday. So will definitely go jogging for an hr. Can't wait!

Thanks guys for welcoming me here with open arms. Just the kind of support I need to get me into, The Motivation Mood.
zeinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:02 PM   #15  
mtiger

Wink

Susie- I really wanted that popcorn too. I have been craving it ever since. So, tonght I had some lowfat popcorn that I added into my calories. It was even better than at the theatre because it didn't blow my plan for the day.
BL should be good this time. There are some really large people with a lot of health problems. I believe we start our next round at school next week. Can't wait.

Wardhog- Way to nibble. And avoiding wine. That would not be aproblem for me. I don't like wine. Even got in a workout. Good for you.

Zeinab- I also go back to school Monday. I have been enjoying my vacation. The good thing is, I will be even more on plan.

See ya tom.