Old 12-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #1  

Default Protein Diet?

Their is a diet clinic here where I live but the plan basically is 10 oz of protein, 2 servings of veggies and 2 servings of fruit. The plan seems easy but I have a hard time giving up my breads and potatoes so I figured maybe 1-2 slices of bread a day (if i have to have it) and maybe a potatot here and there so I don't feel deprived. And 30 minutes of exercise a day.

What do you all think? Good plan or not?
ready2changein09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I think it sounds extremely low calorie:

10 oz chicken breast ~458 cal
2 servings veggies, say 100 cal
2 fruits, say 150 cal
total ~700 cal

What about fats? Perhaps I am not understanding that actual plan?
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #3  

Default Protein Diet?

As far as i know that is the actual diet. My cousin done the diet and lost really good but she also had to take diet pills which I don't want to take so I thought about doing the plan on my own. and you have to drink 1 gallon of water a day. So I don't know!
ready2changein09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

NO! It is not a good diet. If it is something being done by the clinic then it is being monitored by the doctor.

If you alter it with your own stuff, then it isnt the same diet. I would suggest looking into something else.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2changein09 View Post
Their is a diet clinic here where I live but the plan basically is 10 oz of protein, 2 servings of veggies and 2 servings of fruit. The plan seems easy but I have a hard time giving up my breads and potatoes so I figured maybe 1-2 slices of bread a day (if i have to have it) and maybe a potatot here and there so I don't feel deprived. And 30 minutes of exercise a day.

What do you all think? Good plan or not?
It is too low in calories and a woman should never go below 1200 calories daily. Men should never go below 1600 calories daily (according to Jillian Michaels on her radio show). You can always use the *basics* of the plan and then up your calories accordingly by adding more servings of vegetables, fruits and even a sweet potato (or a potato), a slice or two of bread if you wish or some starchy vegetables like peas. Also be sure to get some healthy fats in there like a serving or two of EVOO.

Last edited by canadianwoman; 12-19-2008 at 05:02 PM.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Yup. What everyone else said.

If it's a real medical clinic diet, then it's something that is probably being monitored by a doctor and you shouldn't attempt it w/out being under medical care.

If it's not a real clinic diet, then it's just another fad diet and a massively unhealthy one at that.

There's nothing wrong with eating a high protein diet - many of us here do so. But *that* diet is NOT high protein. It's a starvation diet that will screw up your metabolism faster than you can blink. And when you stop eating such a restricted level of calories, you'll just gain back everything you lost.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:12 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

There are several clinics popping up with that type of diet. You weigh in once a week, get diet pills, vitamin b_6 shots, "fat burner" vitamins and regular vitamins. You are alos required to drink 1 gallon of water a day. It ios very restritive and you gain a lotof the weight back quickly.
Maura
scrappinmoe is offline   Reply With Quote