Old 12-27-2008, 08:32 PM   #1  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Default The Biggest Loser: Weight Loss Yoga

Didn't see a thread for this, so figured I'd start one. Just got this for Christmas and it's awesome. I've been wanting to get into yoga and this is a perfect introduction (although, there have been a few yoga poses and whatnot in the other Biggest Loser workouts). Looking forward to adding this to my weekly exercise routine. I figure I'll probably do it 2 to 3 times a week.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/150.8/130

Height: 5'3

I think I'm gonna get this. It may be the only way to get me to do yoga with sexy Mr. Bob Harper coaching me!
diamondinthedesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #3  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm really looking at this DVD to add it to my routine- to do it 3 times a week in addition to my 30DS workout (which I'm doing 6 days a week, taking Sundays off!)

Do you think that's going to be overdoing it or is it a good plan?! I'd love advice from you ladies who've actually done this DVD!

And I know, isn't Bob such a hunk?!! I'm pretty sure he's gay (at least I read that somewhere, so don't quote me or anything), and I'm pretty sure I'm married (actually I definitely am!)... but if both those things weren't true- hubba hubba! hahahaha
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/129.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

The fact that Heba and Vicky are in it totally ruins it for me
streudel423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/173/148

Height: 5'7"

I purchased Bob's Yoga DVD for my husband for Christmas, I'm going to borrow it though. I've watched level 1, and it really looks like it will be fun. I'm still healing from surgery so I'm waiting to try it. I've done Jillian's 30 Day Shred and enjoyed it, it really gives you a great workout. I'll come back and post once I've actually done the workout.

-Samantha
Samybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by streudel423 View Post
The fact that Heba and Vicky are in it totally ruins it for me
Don't let that put you off...they are not on camera that much.

I did this for the first time yesterday and BOY, is it a workout! I was sweating like crazy, and I am really sore today! But I know the stronger I get, the better I will be able to do the poses. If someone at my size can do it, anyone can!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #7  
Momma on a Mission

Height: 5'8"

I have seen this on sale at several places in my area this week. Walmart, Target and Kmart all had a great variety of "brand name" workout dvds on sale for $9-13. I think it is definitely one to try out especially at that price.

This will be my first biggest loser DVD. I guess it is a bit less intimidating. I LOVE Jillian, but the 30 day shred terrifies me.

BTW- Has anyone seen any sample clips of the Yoga DVD online anywhere?
mtnheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I came across this post trying to see if anyone had done the yoga or the new bootcamp dvd for any length of time. I'm in my second week of the bootcamp which I like. I bought the Yoga and did it yesterday for the first time. I did the Yoga following my bootcamp workout. Man is it tough!!! I have done some yoga videos before but this was hard! This is exactly what I was looking for as far as a good workout and a strength building program. I will have to do it on seperate days from the bootcamp. It's too much right now.

Anyone else done the yoga for a while and seen or felt results?

Last edited by Kritter; 01-17-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi! Thanks for posting about this video. After reading all the opinions, I went ahead and ordered it,with the pick up option at the store...saving me a few pennies. I too will come back after receiving it,and using it. I do have a gym to go to,but don't want to have to go every day,and this is something I can use inbetween the gym. I just have to remember to get over the mind set,that if I work out,afterwards I can eat...no no no...stay on program,and keep moving...Thanks Ladies!
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:32 PM   #10  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
II I did the Yoga following my bootcamp workout. Man is it tough!!! I have done some yoga videos before but this was hard! This is exactly what I was looking for as far as a good workout and a strength building program. I will have to do it on seperate days from the bootcamp. It's too much right now.
I have both too (Yoga and Bootcamp), and I don't know what Bob means when he says to use one to complement the other. I tried doing one after the other once too and it was good, but I figure once I move onto Level 2 it will be like 1.5+ hours of working out and that might be too much.

I've tried looking for info on what the best way to combine them might be, but haven't been able to find anything. Anyone knows?
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'6"

they might just mean alternate days for each of the dvds. I don't have the bootcamp one so I really don't know, but 1.5 hours of working out would be an unrealistic expectation for the general public.
blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #12  

Hi, just thought I would put my 2 cents in. I don't have either video so thanks for sharing the info on them. I was going to buy a 3 dvd set on the shopping channel but for some reason did not do it.
The bootcamp and yoga dvds were part of that set and on there they were talking about complementing each other and it is doing bootcamp one day and yoga the next not one after the other. Hope this helps.
Bigmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies!

I have this dvd and LOVE it! Yes having sexy Mr. Bob Harper coaching is definately NOT a problem.

It's a great muscle building, fat burning workout without pounding the joints!

I'd recommend this to anyone! I have Jillian's new yoga dvd on order! That should kill me! Can't wait!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote