Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #1  
katiejames

S/C/G: 265/186/165

Height: 5'6

Question overate last night!

so i overate last night... not a huge surprise... those darn mozzerella sticks and hot wings and stuff was soo tempting.. and now i have dinner tonight with my fiancee and we are going for dinner and a movie on sat too... i want to be able to eat with out feeling guilty and feeling as though i am throwing my healthy eating out the window... i just want to enjoy a meal (s) with my fiancee without worrying that i am putting poison to my lips... so i think i will do this as a comprimise... i will "eat" dinner before we go.. ( you know the whole pre eating thing) i am scheduled to have a smart one tonight and asparagus with some jello and a glass of skim milk..... and then i can order dinner with him but kinda pic at it or order something small on the menu. does that sound reasonable? also i think to avoid "cheating" i will snack on my fat free chips or my fat free pudding or even a bowl of special k..... cause when i am hungry i am hungry! lol so let me know if this is ******ed or not. i am eating in between 1100 and 1300 calories a day....
oh happy new year!
katiejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #2  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

It depends on you. I personally can not do "pre-eating" or I eat twice. Some people can. I would simply make the best choices I can when I am there, be a **** with telling the servers how I want it prepared and then enjoy myself
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #3  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC!

Last night was last night and doesn't matter any more.

Sounds like you have some fun plans ahead of you!

I'd encourage you to reconsider a few things. I'd be starving too if I was trying to stick to 1100-1300 calories a day. By the time I got to the restaurant I'd be sprinkling pepper on the waiter and chasing him around with a fork! You gotta eat to lose weight. You gotta. Your suggested snacks of fat free pudding, fat free chips, and Special K are devoid of nutrition, decent fiber, protein and fat---fat is not the enemy! We need some fats to help us feel full and keep our bodies working well.

Does your restaurant for tonight have a calorie menu online? You can plan ahead. Choose a lean protein and ask for steamed veggies. Feed your body good healthy food and enough of it.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, katiejames, you can eat more and still lose. No need to go down that low at your current size. Try starting with more like 1600 calories and stay with that for a couple of weeks, just to see what happens.

As for your dinner out, here are some strategies.

- No bread before the meal. Just skip that. If your fiance asks why, just say you want to save room for the meal.

- See what salad options are on the menu. A fresh-greens salad with salmon and dressing on the side is very weight-loss friendly. So is a grilled chicken breast on salad. Avoid breaded anything.

- Always get dressing on the side. To taste it on your salad, dip the fork in the dressing, then spear some of the salad with it. You will almost always eat less dressing this way.

- Try to go with a low fat dressing in addition!

- Instead of getting potatoes, get other vegetables. Broccoli, squash, grilled sweet peppers, green beans, whatever!

- If you have to get potato, don't get fries or mashed--if you can, get a baked potato. Eat half of it, take the rest home. Don't load it! No sour cream, bacon, etc. You can have a little bit of butter, or, another idea, dip your fork in that salad dressing, then spear some baked potato.

- Do I have to say skip dessert? You'll be full by the end of the meal. Or, if your fiance wants dessert, tell him you just want to have a couple of bites of his because you're full. Some menus also have fresh fruit as a dessert option--but obviously, you don't want it covered with whipped cream, etc.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #5  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Don't I know THAT drill! I was all set until my parents came home with banana pudding! I eat it like once a year and here it was, screaming at me! I ate a small bowlfull and that pushed me past my calorie intake for the day.

=(

Tomorrow is a new day!
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:53 PM   #6  
katiejames

thanks for all the great input
Old 01-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #7  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

pre-eating can be good sometimes. i'll grab a bowl of low calorie, brothy soup or chop up a whole cucumber and eat that, or grab a couple handfulls of carrot sticks. it triggers that initial fuller feeling and kinda stops me from impulse purchases!
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN BSN 2009 View Post
pre-eating can be good sometimes. i'll grab a bowl of low calorie, brothy soup or chop up a whole cucumber and eat that, or grab a couple handfulls of carrot sticks. it triggers that initial fuller feeling and kinda stops me from impulse purchases!
Yeah - that kind of pre eating works ok, but what doesnt work for me is the eating MY meal at home and thinking I wont eat at dinner or a party.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #9  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Please excuse me here as I become a little bossy. If you *really* want to do this, I mean REALLY want it, you just have to decide to take charge of your own life. There will always be special occasions. Dates, holidays, birthdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, parties....you get the picture. If your life is anything like mine, there are more special days than regular days. You just have to choose what is more important.

Jayell gave you some excellent dining out tips, and I would highly recommend researching the restaurant you go to prior to going. Call them and ask about low cal menus or check on-line. Plan before you go.

Also 1100 calories is TOO LOW, especially if that includes breaded and fried cheese, (it has NO nutritional value) in that total. Did your doctor recommend such a low daily caloric intake? Sometimes people just pick a number that is consequently way too low in hopes of achieving their goal quicker. Problem is is what you already described...you become ravished and feel starved and pig out on wings and fried cheese. You eventually take much longer to get to your goal...or worse yet, give up completely out of frustration and sheer hunger.

You can do this, you are a strong woman. But you won't do it if you feel as though you are depriving yourself. I always remind myself when I get on a little pity pot and feel I'm being deprived, that I spent a lot of time NOT depriving myself of any food for a very long time.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:58 AM   #10  

Lori I agree with you about researching the restaurant before visiting. Infact I do so everytime..., I find local restaurants reviews and ratings from search engines like boorah.com and yelp.com. I usually go for the one which has low calorie food in its menu.
foodieUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:10 AM   #11  
katiejames

nick and i passed on dinner last night ( i cant risk cheating 2 days in a row) so i had my regular dinner. we are going out sat night for a movie... and i have vowed not to eat that yummy popcorn... good thing he knows to steer clear of that area with me!