Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up Health Focused Friends - Jan. & Feb., 2009

Hello!

Here's a group for any Weight Watcher members (or anyone thinking about joining) to check in, get support and encouragement while trying to become healthier, not just thinner. We want to focus on eating a wholesome diet, exercising more, having a positive outlook on life, and losing weight along the way. This is what Weight Watchers promotes anyway, but sometimes it's hard to stay focused. Together, we'll make it!
Old 01-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Happy New Year!

We had fun with the kids last night, and they actually stayed up past midnight and went to the front porch with old pans and wooded spoons to "ring" in the new year. Good thing we have no close neighbors, haha.

January 1, 2009 gives each of us a new slate, a new beginning, and new hope of reaching our goals. Hopefully, as a group, we'll be able to reach those goals. Or at least get closer than we did in 2008.

I'm glad I have you ladies here.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #3  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Happy New Year to Everyone. (By the way, there is water in those glasses today)

We made it past midnight last night. The SIL had bought some fireworks, so we lit them off. Had a good night with just us and my parents. Watched a movie, and just visited.

What a great year this will be to focus on becoming healthy. I am going through the WW cookbook, and planning our meals for the next couple weeks. Making up a grocery list and sticking to it when I go shopping.

Well I'm off might as well start right now.

to you all
Old 01-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

HHFriends,

Kathy - Yes, with water Hey I missed it somewhere who the picture, but what a beautiful baby. Let us know how you like the cookbook. I have so many cookbooks that I think DH would not go for me buying another one.

Jane - Sounds like you had a fun time with the girls making memories they will cherish. We played computer games until almost midnight and then watched the ball fall on Fox. Then we watched a moving and then I went to bed. I heard some fireworks going off somewhere, but didn't sound close. It was pretty uneventful around here.

I got up and weighed this morning to see how I did over the holidays and am happy to say that I lost the .5 lb I had gained during the Christmas eating. So I came into the New Year with my 3.5 lb loss for December. I am staying OP Momentum which seems to be working for me. I read about Setpoints on another WW thread and looked it up on WW website. There are pts in the new books with some numbers beside it that are in parenthesis which I figure are the Setpoints. I think I would rather estimate my portions and count the regular pts. So I don't think I'll be using them. Jane, as Moderator do you get the leader's information? I'm just wondering if I am understanding Setpoints correctly. Any way, I don't want to use that many pts at one meal if I'm right.

Here's to us all being OP and losing some of our weight and losing it in a very healthy way so that we will become healthier this year.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #5  
Not Giving Up

Trish and WTG for being OP for December and showing a loss. You are a good example for us.
TY for the comment on the picture. That is my DGD. She was 1 at the end of October. They do grow so quickly.

Well I am off to watch Toy Story with Cole. 1 of my favorites.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Hello,

Trish - no, I don't get any info or anything from WW for being a moderator. A big YAY to you for showing a nice loss in December.

Kathy - I was looking at some old papers, and saw that your birthday was Christmas Day. Is that right?? If so, a very happy (belated) birthday to you! I'm so sorry that I missed it. I also noticed your avatar this morning. Is that a new one? How precious she is! I just want to squeeze her, lol. Toy Story is Makenzie's favorite, and she has several Woody dolls. When we went to WDW last year, we missed the Toy Story Mania grand opening by about 2 weeks.

Ruthie, Sue, Barb, Jen, and others, a big Happy New Year hug to you.

This seems like Monday to me.

I slept in today, and always feel worse when I do that. Other than a trip to town, I don't have much planned. What's on your agenda for the day?

Last edited by Jane; 01-02-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #7  
Not Giving Up

Good Morning Everyone

Jane- Thankyou Yes, I turned 40 on Christmas Day. No more birthdays for me. Next year I think that someone else should do some of the cooking. Yes, the avatar is new too. I got my DD to put it up for me. The big smile on Punkins face makes me smile too. Its funny, Cole has a Woody doll, and Cody passed on his Buzz Lightyear that he got when he was 6 to his younger brother. Funny how those movies are just as good 11 years later. My MIL is trying to get us a vacation at Disney Land in March. I hear that it is much smaller than WDW, but that is ok. The kids will still have alot of fun. Cole just calls it Mickey Land. His favorite ride at WDW when he was 3 was the golf carts that take you from the parking lot to the gate. Didn't even need to go into the park to make him happy. Did you take the DGK with you to WDW? How long did your daughter work there for? What is she doing now?

Hello to everyone. Hope everyone has a great Friday.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #8  

Hello Ladies,

Jane Not much going on here today. I need to go to the store, but it's dreary rainy day here today so am putting off until tomorrow. Plan to go get some fruit and salad stuff. Actually doing Momentum but trying to do more SF foods. I decided this morning to use the Food tracker on WW website to plan my meals for the day and print it out to help me stay OP, within pts and eating more of the SF foods and less junk/processed foods. Joined a community group that sets their goal to lose 5# each month. I'm in to try to lose 5lbs this month. They are all in their 60+ group. I'll let y'all know how that works for me.

Kathy -HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY. DH birthday is Christmas eve, 1 DGD on the 27th, 1 DGD on 28th and a son on 30th. I always feel like they get cheated with their birthday so close to Christmas. We seem to always have to save one present from Christmas for their birthday.

Ruthie, Sue, Barb, Jen, and everybody else

Got to run hubby is getting hungry. Took ham bone and made a big pot of green beans and making that our main meal today.

Y'all have a great day.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 01-02-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #9  
Not Giving Up

Thank you Trish for the birthday wishes. My Grandmother's birthday was Dec. 28, and she always got cheated out of a birthday, so she never let anyone do that to me. The afternoon of the 25th was always for me, and she always made sure everyone got me 2 presents. Because of her my Bday was always special. Added bonus, no one ever forgot. Plus, no matter where I work, I have always had the day off with pay. Nice that your Christmas season gets extended with the birthdays.
Good luck with the 5 lb a month challenge. That should be no problem for you, as you sure seem to have the healthy eating down. We will be here to cheer you on.
Well I must run, it is our DS girlfriends birthday today, and her parents invited us out for supper with them. Don't know what to get her for a gift. Better go to town early.
Enjoy your day everyone.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #10  

Kathy

What a neat idea and smart one your Grandmother had. Also good thought about always having your day off with pay. In TX Jan 19 was always a paid day off because of Robert E. Lee's Bday. That was my Mother's birthday and I always asked to have it off since it didn't mean much to anyone else so I could go visit my Mama. I would teased her that because it was a paid holiday they let me have the day off with pay to be with her.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 01-03-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #11  

Hello HFFriends,

A busy weekend so just popping in to say Hello and y'all have a great weekend!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Just a fly-by to say hello!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #13  

Hi Ladies,

I wrote early and got bumped off line. I really don't understand what is going on with that as it happens a lot lately.

I'm up 2.5 lbs today so re-evaluating what I'm doing. I think I need to change some things in my program. Still doing Momentum, but trying to remember a lot of things I was doing when I lost down to 174 lbs. about 5 years ago. I was doing WW flex then, but eating a whole lost (mostly) of what WW now calls Simply Filling foods. I had married Tony and moved to south FL and was amazed at how much fruit we could buy. I ate loads of fruits and veggies back then. Even used my juicer, but really don't want to get back into that. Too much work. I've been looking at a lot of sample foods in WWM. I love stirfry foods especially frozen because it makes cooking so much easier and healthy as well. So today, I took left over chicken from a store bought roasted chicken mixed it in with some of my frozen stirfy veggies and used chili sauce and lots of different spices and it was delicious. I'm going to try to give up salt and use more spices and use olive oil in place of butter/margarine. I'm back to having lemon in my water and drinking green tea. Eating more veggies and fruit using the spices and olive oil should help a long way. From what I've been reading these things even the spicy hot sauce is supposed to help keep me from being hungry. So we will see how it works. I am determined that I am not going to keep playing with these same lbs bouncing back and forth with them and I am not going to be at or around this same weight a year from now. I am determind that I am going to find out what I have to do to weight 174 lbs again and then keep going down towards my goal. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #14  

Good Morning HFFriends,

WHERE ARE YOU? Come out, come out wherever you are.

Are you just too busy or are you hiding because you're struggling like I am. Remember, we may be but we are all in this together . It makes it easier to deal with if we do it together.

Well, all those days of no is over as we will have almost a whole week of the stuff. Only have 2 days for this week.

HANG in there and have a nice day.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Trish- You are right, I am hiding. No good news to report...except that I am BACK to being OP foodwise after a gain. I have also started doing the WATP walks again. DD got me the waistline walk with the stretchy bands. Boy, do those bands add extra to the workout. I can see that it would get easier if I could stick to it. Every time I gain momentum there is something to halt it. La
Last time I got sick, now this time we will be going to LV next week for 4 nights. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough for some outside walks to keep me motivated.
I am sure you will figure your food out and get back on the program of your choice.

Happy Tuesday to all the gals here.

Last edited by suetalks; 01-06-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Closed Thread