View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #5
lilyyoung

S/C/G: 165/162/

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy New Year and Hi Everybody!

I've been working with the Beck Diet Solution since 9/30/08 or so. I finished the book, but I haven't been able to rigorously apply all the strategies--especially after I finished the book. And I got tired of re-reading it. So I wa eagerly anticipating publication of the Complete Diet for Life and bought it the first day it came out, December 23! I'm probably not the only one. New Year's Eve was spent in a local steakhouse with my boyfriend. We shared an amazingly delicious and very large chocolate chip sundae (who cares about the food, it was the dessert I was looking forward to!) I gained .6 overnight, which isn't that bad, but it puts me slightly over 160. I started this journey at about 165. I've been down to 157 for one day, I think. My goal is to be 150 lbs. or less. I'm 54 and not very active, with a bit of arthritis and back problems--not unusual at my age. I was in physical therapy, which just ended, and one of my challenges for this year is to keep up with exercise. I am thinking of joining a gym, but just on a one-month-at-a-time basis because I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with it, and I am afraid of injuring myself. I have been doing weight watchers' points--the old plan, not the one they just started, and incorporating some of Beck's diet. I'd like to be a part of this group and get and give some support on this lifetime journey!
Lily