Old 10-30-2008, 12:39 AM   #1  
Maria (WW)

S/C/G: 245/245/145

Height: 5'7"

Talking P90 Exercise Program!!!

Hi
I ordered the P90 exercise program and just received it today. I'm feeling a little intimidated by the whole thing because I am out of shape and have a ton of weight to lose. Has anyone done this program or in the process of doing it?? I would love to hear about your results to date. Also I am not interested in using supplements of any kind, so any experience with that would be appreciated too. Thanks!!
Maria33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

I am so curious about P90x. I haven't ordered it, it seems a little expensive, but the theory behind the program makes sense. Let us know how it works for you! I can see why you'd be intimidated as it seems really intense, I would be too. As far as supplements go, I take fish oil capsules and a multivitamin, but that's it. Those seem to work ok for me. Good luck!!
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:13 AM   #3  
Losing it by being active

S/C/G: 230/222/170

Height: 5'8"

when i am mixing my workouts I do the cardio dvd's (p90X) (cardio, kenpo, core, plyo) and sometimes the yoga and stretch dvd. I have the pull up-chin up bar and my husband uses it - not me. lol.... I'm still too weak to do the full strenght trainind dvds, but they are the real deal for sure. They come with a nutricion guide (it is actually a book) and workout schedule for the 3 different kind of programs (lean - double and normal). there is also a book explaining everything =)!. The recipes are great in taste and nutricion. I know that P90 is for people who want to start program and P90X is an advance program for people already in good shape. Believe me lol...i tried it and it is HYPer SUPER difficult!.

good luck with everything.. =)!!!!!

and...what dvds come with p90?
yobi new mom 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:23 PM   #4  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

I do the Power 90 Abs Workout at the moment. A friend of mine is giving me her Power 90 DVDs as she has no more use for them and I'm excited to see what it's all about. I did get to see it done by people who put their videos on Youtube and it looks very intense. I heard 90X was a lot harder.

I would love to work my way into the Power 90.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/194.4/135

Height: 5'1"

I've completed half of power90 before moving on to something else. It became too repetitive after 45 days. I didn't lose much of anything until the last weeks before I gave up. That was when I started to watch what I ate. I lost 4 lbs in one week. I would recommend the program with a mix of other workouts so you won't burn out easily.

Last edited by letsgetaway; 11-01-2008 at 01:45 AM.
letsgetaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:22 PM   #6  
i WONT be a heafty bride

S/C/G: 282/268/150

Height: 5'5''

i just started this work out today i am working at it slowly, and i definitely felt the burn, i have the power 90 and the p90x that i want to do after wards, but I'll probably end up doing the p90 2 times before i head into p90x, i am nervous its gonna kick my butt!
Cynthialynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #7  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetaway View Post
I've completed half of power90 before moving on to something else. It became too repetitive after 45 days. I didn't lose much of anything until the last weeks before I gave up. That was when I started to watch what I ate. I lost 4 lbs in one week. I would recommend the program with a mix of other workouts so you won't burn out easily.
Did you see any changes in your physique at all? I've seen results from some people who done the complete program and they came out looking cut, defined, definitely toned and sculpted...oh in my dreams. One day Alice!!
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #8  

Its tough! I havent done it, but I heard one of my friends complaining about how hard it is.
Just do it, dont be scared..
TinaNina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I am ordering this from amazon today!!
ouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Good luck ladies! I tried Power 90 a few years ago, and I was not enough in shape for it... So now I am doing ChaLEAN instead --- I guess you could call it the women version of Power 90X.

Let me know how your results are and keep on pushing PLAY
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:43 PM   #11  
There is no try...only do

S/C/G: 282/265/200

Height: 5'9"

I got it for my fiance' and I for xmas...we are going to start it together so we can push each other. Good thing we are both super competitive!
dizzybizzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:30 PM   #12  

I have it and have made 2 attempts at the Lean program of P90X but only made it about 5-6 weeks both times. I'm thinking of starting it back up but only doing it once or twice a week. I wouldn't totally devote myself to P90X because I've discovered Zumba (I go to Zumba classes 3-4 times a week). I also do yoga a couple of times a week.

I could definitely see that my arms were more "cut" and my core was strong!! I wasn't weighing myself as closely nor did I take my measurements. It's a tough!!

I'm thinking I'll pull out Coresynergistic sometime this weekend - maybe tomorrow but I'm doing yoga with DH so I'll have to see.

Last edited by angeline; 12-31-2008 at 04:30 PM.
angeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 245 / 185 / 130

Height: 5' 6"

Default P90X for varying levels of fitness?

My younger (in college) brother is super-fit.
My older (post-doctorate) brother is not so fit.
I'm not fit.

We got (from younger brother) the P90X program and are each committed to doing one of the versions. Younger bro is doing "classic", Older bro and I are doing the "lean" version. I decided I was in on the program because I like the less-is-more approach of the DVDs. They just do the workout. The cast is intimidating, though. Let's just say they would never put me even in the back of the room!

Here are a couple ground rules we decided on for each other:
  1. Take the pretest before you attempt the real deal. (I'm going to try attaching the pretest for those of you who are curious to see if you fit the minimum requirements before wasting your money buying the whole program. I personally don't want to have to buy the other (also expensive) workout programs in addition to this one, gift or otherwise!)
  2. Learn / know how to safely and appropriately perform each exercise first, before attempting, or doing it half-aced, or INJURE YOURSELF! One reason getting a personal trainer is great is to learn how to safely perform exercises...
  3. Go at YOUR OWN pace! Don't feel bad about YOUR pace! Don't feel bad about doing fewer reps or pausing the dvd. In my opinion, doing P90X (or any strength training program) at your pace is better than not doing it at all. For example, I'm not going to bother even attempting pull-ups this time around. I'm substituting those exercises (and there are a lot of them) with resistance bands and tricep exercises that I am able to effectively perform.

So far, we've been taking the pre-test (a great 40 min workout in itself, actually) and running through the DVDs (and there are a LOT of them) but will be starting "Day 1" of the 90 consecutive days on February 1.

I hope this info helps! Wish me luck!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf P90XFitTest.pdf (592.3 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by losingitandlosingitwell; 01-18-2009 at 03:49 PM.
losingitandlosingitwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #14  

thank you losingit! I have been wondering if I was ready for that work out, and this will let me know!
healthytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

I just ordered this today and I can't wait for it to get here, I will definitely post my progress.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote