Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 12:03 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down 300+ And Ready To Try Again......#206

WELCOME!!

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:21 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Goooooood Mooooorning 3FC!!! How is everyone today? Great, I hope. I have a huge dilemna, and I need your help. I hate to even admit this, because it will make me seem like a huge loser, but you guys are my friends and I know you will understand.

Ok, here goes: As most of you know, I started a new job back in June. I was previously working at an answering service. I loved the job...........the answering service was great. But, the boss was NOT. As many of you may remember. So, I found another job.....working at the hospital in patient accounts. The hours are 8-5. No weekend work. Good insurance. Awesome benefits. Great working conditions. Awesome boss. And I'm miserable. I hate it. I'm crazy, I know. It just doesn't make sense. I should be happier than I've ever been, and I dread going to work every day. I don't know if it's the collection part of it or what, I can't put my finger on it, but I hate feeling this way. The one thing I could say about working at the answering service, is that I loved the job. It was never boring and I loved talking to all different kinds of people. The boss, however, was not my cup of tea. But.......NEWSFLASH! She is gone! It was the wierdest thing I have ever seen!! She has worked there over 15 years and apparently, her and the owner got into a scuffle because he wanted her to cut down operator hours and she said she couldn't, and he kept pushing and she said, 'If you want to cut out hours, cut out mine." And he did. SHE IS GONE! And I just got a call from the assistant manager who is one of my best friends, and there is an opening on third shift! Now, I know I was unhappy when I was on third shift before, but there were different circumstances at the time. I think it would really work for me now, because dh is on first and the kids are back in school, so I would really be able to actually get some sleep during the day and would be here at night to go to the practices and things like that. This is all so confusing. I am so torn on the issue and I'm not sure what to do. That's why I need your help. Please be honest with me and tell me what you think I should do.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
Old 08-29-2002, 01:11 PM   #3  

Angry Hi Ladies!

Well, my initial interview with that adult piano student was a bust yesterday; she didn't show up. I thought she'd chickened out and decided NOT to try piano lessons. I must admit; I was SUPER-PEEVED that she didn't bother to call and cancel! Turns out, though, that (somehow) she COMPLETELY forgot our meeting (scheduled 2 days ago) so we rescheduled it for next week.

Congratulate me. I did NOT weigh myself this morning. Think my scaloholic ways/weighs will win out before next Wednesday? Probably... but we'll see!

Tina... I think you should do whatever will make you happy! You know, if I've learned one thing in my 25 LONG years on this planet (I know, I know, I'm the thread baby), it's that you have one life to live and you should do what will make you happy in the long run. (This sentiment is also applicable to DIETING!) It's definitely NOT nice to get up every morning and drag yourself to a job that you hate... SO many ppl do this and it's SO sad! I say quit if you're miserable and take back your old job, now that the ICTCHY-BAY manager is gone!

Baylee... Hee, hee. It DID make me laugh this morning! Hope your tooth has been taken care of.

A big HELLO to everyone else out there: J-Ann, Thin, Mary, Malia, Kat (in absenteeism), Steph, 2Cute, and anybody else I might be forgetting! Howdy to you lurkers too! Feel free to join in with this rowdy bunch!

TTFN,
Sara

Last edited by SaraJoy; 08-29-2002 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-29-2002, 01:16 PM   #4  

Default Hi Baylee!

You snuck in while I was posting!

Ohhh... I felt SO bad for you when you wrote that you get a sick, tense feeling in your stomach every morning! I know the feeling you mean and it's sooo terrible!

On the other hand, I completely understand why you're staying. It SUCKS that you're staying there because you need the insurance because of cancer! I just wanted to send you a BIG {{{{HUG}}}}!

Sara
Old 08-29-2002, 04:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

iI think you should go back to your old job if that's where you were happy being. And it seems like the hours agree with your family situation so I say Go For It! Sara- for what it's worth, I think I'm the baby now. I'm 24, will be 25 in January. So far food and exercise have been good this week. Just a quick question for anyone who has the Walk Away the Pounds weighted balls. I just got mine and this might sound like a stupid question, but how do you fill them? I've tried blowing into them and also a bike pump, but can't get the air to stay in long enough to put the stopper back in. Help!
Steph
Old 08-29-2002, 09:26 PM   #6  

From one Minnesotan to another, Baylee, I loved the joke.....

Tina, oh.......go for being happy.....sit down and really think and FEEL about each job and go for happy.... :

I could tell you my long story about jobs and being happy but I have been sooooo tired lately..well, since Monday and really don't have the energy to write out the whole thing...but the bottom line is "Be Happy"!!!!! Corney but true.

I hope to be rested and posting this weekend. Of course, as always I have yard work but otherwise will be checking in here.

What are you all doing for this long weekend?
Old 08-29-2002, 10:10 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Food was better today.......finally! I got a call at the last minute last night so had to be at Walmart this morning to work on blue jeans! What a mess! I was able to bypass the PB cups again today, so that is a good thing. I bought some more Pria bars and had one of those on the way home instead.

Tina: There is nothing.....I mean NOTHING worse that a job you hate!! I've been there and done that. If your DH's job provides the benefits that your family needs in terms of insurance etc. then there shouldn't be any doubt in your mind. If however, the bennies from DH's job are not up to par, then there might be a consideration. My best friend works full time as a custodian in a local school district and hates it. But the pay is good and the bennies are wonderful AND her husband can't work due to many health issues, so she has no choice, so I can certainly understand your hesitancy if that's an issue. My DH's benefits are good, not great, but good enough to let me dabble in whatever I like. And I really do love my CURRENT job and that's really a big PLUS!

To everybody else, I will just say howdy. I'm going to turn in early tonight.

DH had his interview this morning and it went well. Of course, he interviewed with the same person that he interviewed with last December, so we'll see what happens. Still keep your fingers crossed for him. Pleeeeeese.

Tomorrow I have the day off. With some effort, I might be able to get some housework done. My niece is getting married on Saturday. Sunday and Monday, no plans for now. Just taking life one day at a time.

Since we have a couple of ladies looking for sexy hunka, hunkas I thought I would post this joke. It was in my inbox this afternoon. Hope you get a little chuckle out of it!

A somewhat older, lonely lady decided that she needed a pet to keep her company. So off to the pet shop she went. Forlornly, she searched. Nothing seemed to catch her interest, except this one ugly frog. As she walked by the barrel he was in, he looked up and winked at her!

He whispered, "I'm lonely too, buy me and you won't be sorry."

The old lady figured, what the heck, as she hadn't found anything else. So, she bought the frog and went to her car. Driving down the road the frog whispered to her, "Kiss me, you won't be sorry."

So, the lady figured what the heck, and kissed the frog.

Immediately the frog turned into an absolutely gorgeous, sexy, handsome, young prince. Then the prince kissed her back, and do you know what the old lady turned into?

The first motel she could find..........(She's old, not dead)

Have a good night, my friends. Love to all!

Last edited by thinthinker; 08-29-2002 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-30-2002, 12:42 AM   #8  

Talking G'night all!

I'm feeling pretty good right now... I just went jogging! When I first started dieting, I TRIED to jog but my legs were SO sore after going a really short distance that I quickly gave up on the idea. Well, I tried again tonight for the first time since then (57 pounds lighter) and my legs didn't get tired at all! I jogged for 20 minutes straight!!! I might make an effort to do this a few times a week as I haven't been able to find too many tennis partners lately! (I'd play everyday if I could!)

Lucky... I can't BELIEVE I forgot to say hi to you in my list of hellos! I must be nutty! HI! Hello! Howdy! To answer your weekend question, I get to spend this last long summer weekend helping my BIL move. Yipey! My hubby and I had to pass up free box seats at a Blue Jays Game to help... Man! Is my BIL gonna owe us!

Thin... Positive {{{VIBES}}} for hubby's job! Finger, toes and eyes crossed!

Steph... You ARE the ! I dunno how I feel about not being the baby anymore. I may start biting!

I'm off to bed now! G'night and G'morning ladies!
Sara
Old 08-30-2002, 08:08 AM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

Happy Friday all
Tina: I agree go for happy if you get a chance.

I got my frst check from my new job it is good. I am buying some new kitchen cabinetsout of it. Hope all of you have a great day.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:53 AM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning everybody! I'm sitting here with color on my hair. My first 'to do' thing from the list for today. Both of the boys are home today, so I think I will take them out to lunch. I won't tell you where we're going, because you would all yell at me, but I was waaaaay under my WW points yesterday (probably because I napped all afternoon ) so I'm thinking I can do this.

Sara: WOW, jogging? I wouldn't dream of it! I would stop at the end of the block but my flab would keep running for miles!!! What a picture!!! Good for you though, I think it's wonderful that you are doing so well!

Baylee: If you make an appointment with a new dentist, make sure to go to the old guy and sign out your x-rays to take with you. That won't guarantee the new guy won't take more, but at least if he does it will give him something to compare them to. I hope you get some relief soon.

Mary: WOW, that must have been some check! I'd like to get new cabinets for my kitchen even though these were new about 15 years ago. It's amazing how banged up they can get.

Malia: Where are you, honey? We haven't heard from you in a bit and I don't think you've left for Europe yet. Please let us know how you are.

Well girls, I think the color's about ready to come off. I'll let you all go. Not sure if I'll get back later today or not, lots to do on my day off. Hold down the fort. Love to all.
Old 08-30-2002, 01:52 PM   #11  

Default Hello my lovelies!

You guys are silly! Quoting THIN... "my flab would keep running for miles." Actually, I stole an idea from a friend of mine who was large-chested. She wears 2 bras when jogging; a regular one and with a very-tight sports one on top. Together they make my chest area "rock-solid" and there's no bouncing there at all! That little tidbit of information turned out to be GOLD! The other "piece of equipment" that kept me motivated last night was my little mp3 player (I've mentioned it before) that my husband purchased for me, on my b-day, a month before I started dieting. I've filled it with lots of "get-me-going" tunes like "It's Raining Men" (I thought of LUCKY when I was putting that one on!!!).

I think I'll go again tonight unless crazier, wilder Friday night plans come up! Here's for hoping they will!

Okay, time to get my butt into gear and out of the comfy computer chair!

See everyone in a bit!
Sara
Old 08-30-2002, 05:14 PM   #12  
Progress..not perfection

Hey chickadees!! How are you all doing? The first thing I need to tell every one of you is THANK YOU. Thank you so much for all of your helpful advice regarding the job issue. And in case you've been waiting on pins and needles, I have made a decision. I'm going for happiness! The reason thirds was so hard for me before is because dh was on seconds. I would come home a little after 7:00am and take the kids to school........if I was lucky, I was in the bed by 8-8:30. Dh got up around 10:00. Well, of course I wanted to spend a little time with him, because he was gone all night. (he worked from 2-10:30) so, I got up with him after about an hour and a half of sleep and by the time he left around 1:30, if I was lucky and fell asleep by 2:00, I had to get right back up at 3:00 to pick up the kids at school. And then for those of you that have children, once they come home from school, that is when the fun begins............got to get dinner on the table, baths have to be taken, homework has to be done, clothes have to be washed........the whole nine yards. Dh would get home right as I was walking out the door for work even though I had already felt like I had put in a whole day.
Now, it is a whole different ballgame. Dh is on first. He works from 7-3:30. I will come home from work and get Trey to school, (which we live aprox 1 mile from the school) and Brian catches the bus. When I get back home, I am free to sleep until 3:00---then I have to pick up Trey. Dh will be here at home with me at night so he will help with all the things that need to be done. I won't be a one woman show anymore.
I never had any problems with my old job.......I loved it more than anything. To be perfectly honest, out of all my jobs, and I haven't had alot......this was the only job I didn't dread going to. The only job that I truly enjoyed the work. I just couldn't take the boss anymore, but that problem has been removed! They are running the place totally different than before. Instead of one person running the entire show, each shift has a supervisor and they are responsible for that shift. I am extremely lucky b/c the person that is over my shift is a very good friend of mine and it will be totally awesome. I will actually be making a little more than what we made at the hospital and I called a local ins company and we can still have health insurance for right around what was coming out of my check at the hospital, so things are definitely looking up!!
I just want to thank each and every one of your for all your help. Even though you all said it differently, you all pretty much said the same thing. It is so wonderful to have the support of such wonderful friends. I appreciate you all from the bottom of my heart.
I'm gonna hop off here for now b/c I need to get some dinner on the table but I will be back later tonight. I may even be posting from work. As most of you might remember, whenever I would get on my old boss's computer, I would have to hurry and then erase my history trail b/c she didn't like anyone on her computer..................well, now the owner has brought another computer in with internet connection and we are all allowed to use it anytime we want! So, I'll be seeing you later. Thanks again for being my friends and all the wonderful advice!!
You guys are the best!!
Old 08-30-2002, 08:42 PM   #13  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down Alright........I know it's Friday, but

WHERE ARE ALL MY FRIENDS??!! Are you all out having fun or do I just not have a life today?? I tried to sleep till about 3:00pm today so I would have enough energy to make it through the night tonight. I go back to my old job tonight. That didn't give the hospital any notice and I feel so bad about that. More than you know. But, tonight was the first night of the week at the answering service and to get a full weeks check, I had to start tonight. My boss at the hospital totally understood though.
Well, I guess since everyone else is out tooter fruitin tonight, I will try to go and find something to do too. I don't have to leave for work for two more hours! Maybe I can find something to get into!!
Old 08-30-2002, 09:10 PM   #14  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

HEY TINA I'M HERE...

Just feelin' lazy and playing a stupid (excuse me, challenging) match the colored blocks game, on the computer. Darn thing is adiciting, but it IS keeping my mind and fingers busy and away from food.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEW, OLD, JOB. Nothing like slipping back into a job you love. I was once loaned to a dept. that did computer input in my company. Then my reg. job got busy so I went back. Two yrs. later I was loaned again. Sat down at the PC, whined "I don't remember how to do this anymore!", looked down and my fingers were plugging in the correct codes, in the right order, without me even thinking about it. Muscle memory? Which muscle .... brain? Fingers? Who knows. But I'm sure it all came back because I really enjoyed the work when I did it the first time, so I saved it somewhere and when I needed it again. WHAM, it was there!!

I'll post more tomorrow after the dog and I go do some tracking. We have to meet our fellow trainers and canines at 7 am, about an hour from home. Someone goes for a walk and drops an object(s) along their path (about 1/2 mile). About 3 hrs. later it's up to the dog to follow that persons trail and indicate the lost object(s). Believe it or not it's a competitive sport and it is fun. Gets me and the dog out in the fresh air for hours at a time with some really good friends. (Remind me of that when I say we're going out in the snow and rain as winter approaches will ya? )

Back to the crazy game now ....

J-Ann
Old 08-30-2002, 09:26 PM   #15  

Tonight my mind is willing but my body is weak….I just mowed from 5:30 to 7:30… BUT I had to check up on all of you... I don't wonder what my sisters are doing as much as I wonder about you all....

Loved the story, Thin... exactly how I feel...I may be old but certainly NOT dead.....

Baylee, sorry about your tooth...I had one worked on last November and it took six months to quit hurting. It still does if I go from hot to cold stuff. So, how far are you away from me????? I need painting and carpet cleaning done also. I was planning on waiting until it was cooler....

Sara, send those raining men my way...

Tina, good for you....that is one of the reasons I need this wealthy man...I don't like my job either...okay, ONE of the reasons I need that man, there are a couple others... In fact in order to survive I will be looking for a part time job also in a month or so. I have so much yard stuff to take care of I figure I had better stay with that until the end of September.

But, overall, things are good...I have you all....
Closed Thread