LAWL Salt Police

Default Losers and Friends - Dec. 29 - Jan. 4 - New Year's Edition

Morning kids! Up and at 'em!!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #2  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

Ha haaaa...Dan is all over it! Okay people...let's have a good week. It has to be better for me than last week!!
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:11 AM   #3  
LAWL Salt Police

It has to be for all of us! The only real danger this week is from the liquid starches that may be consumed on New Year's Eve. That and the mini-cheeseburger puffs my neighbor wants me to bring to their party... They are awesome, but definetely NOT on plan...
Old 12-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Well I for one am so happy about this last week... I completely went crazy, well not CRAZY, but I ate whatever I wanted and just listened to my body to tell me when I was full... I didn't even gain 1 oz.! Completely maintained my weight - which is a great relief. I have been so worried for so long that I would never be able to eat certain foods again, but since my body is working correctly now it was able to metabolize properly! I even ate Dove chocolates (in moderation) almost every day! Don't get me wrong, I still paid attention to food groups and tried to eat my fruits and veggies (and drink my water) to balance everything out - most of our Christmas treats are proteins and starches... The best thing is that I KNOW that that was 'special occasion' eating and that continuing on eating like that would eventually cause me to gain weight - I'm just relieved that I didn't do any damage.

So - besides the personal triumph - Christmas was good, the anticipated family drama took a backseat to the kids excitement about gifts and Santa, which was wonderful! I got a glimpse into new motherhood again - we babysat my 9mo old twin nieces on Saturday night, I got a little bit of sleep and my arm got a good workout! I am now sure that we did the right thing by stopping at 3 kids!

What's everyone's plan for New Years? We should start a thread for Resolutions...
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #5  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello everyone. just wanted to check-in quick between wrangling the kids and cleaning.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! I am just cleaning and working. We had a wonderful Christmas. DH gave me a Dell laptop!! It is so nice. He is convinced that I have books in me, so along with the laptop he bought me 2 books about writing, also a very cool software program to write in. As far as food, I did not do really great, but I did discover sometihing important. Last week I mentioned that I had read an article about foods that affect Reiki and intuition. I decided to go off of meat for a while and see what happens. I only ate meat once last week, Christmas dinner. Turns out that is absolutely true. So, while I am not going to deprive myself of an occasional hamburger, I am planning on avoiding meat for the most part from now on. Now I need to tackle the next biggie. Sugar.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!

Julie, how great that you didn't gain!

Dan, I had a salty Christmas, as I went for the ham... and you know what a half a ham is really way too much ham for us. I think perhaps my sister with my 17 year old nephew might need some of that ham, as we are growing weary of it, and I've felt bloated for days due to eating that ham... it does make really good soup though.

The snow has melted! Life is returning to somewhat normal around here. I made it back to the gym. I feel better about missing the spin classes due to snow, as it turns out that they were cancelled anyway. I've been 3 days in a row... burning off my ham and potato chip Christmas indulgences... I think literally sweating out the extra salt is good.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:48 PM   #8  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey everybody. I am glad to hear that everyone had a nice xmas. I don't have much to comment on mine as I was alone this year so it was pretty quiet. Just me and the dog. I am actually putting the xmas stuff away tonight and tomorrow. Get things back to some form of normalcy again.

We have had a ton of snow so far this year and there is more coming for later this week again. Last week the storm was bad enough one day I just worked from home as there was no getting up my hill. Even if I did the visibility was so bad from the wind it was just too dangerous out on the highway.

Nicole - had to tell you your new addition is so cute!! penelope, fluffy, furball - whatever you call her she is cute.

I promise to be around more now. I even read all of the last 2 weeks posts to try and catch up a bit again.

I'll check in later again...
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:09 PM   #9  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone....Dan is on the ball getting this thread started!
Alannah - good to see you still lurking...so do you have your "pup" full time now (I may have missed that turn of events). I saw all your snow pics.....and all I can say is keep it up north! I like shoveling snow about one time per year.

I've already taken down my Christmas decorations because I went on a cleaning binge yesterday when I was feeling really grumpy and fat. It kept me from eating more and now my house is all clean and nice....

Not sure what got over me, but I did join the 3FC Biggest Loser forum...I noticed Bradley's mom was on there too....I read the best thing on one of the threads.....it said something like "I need to spend four times more time at the gym than I spend on the 3FC Forum boards." Now, I really don't want everyone to bail on the board, but it is true....I often feel guilty for coming here vs. taking a 15 minute walk. Obviously, I don't feel too guilty right now. Have a great week.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/231/151

Height: 5'2

What a way to start my week. My centre is now closed. I am so upset... I don't know if I can do it without them....
jesskahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesskahle View Post
What a way to start my week. My centre is now closed. I am so upset... I don't know if I can do it without them....
yes you can. most of us on here have. We chicks are better support than those CODs ever were. you will be fine.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #12  
LAWL Salt Police

Nice pic Lettie.. Very outdoorsy!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks Dan. I thought it was an upgrade from the traditional bathroom background!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:41 PM   #14  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni135 View Post

Not sure what got over me, but I did join the 3FC Biggest Loser forum...I noticed Bradley's mom was on there too....I read the best thing on one of the threads.....it said something like "I need to spend four times more time at the gym than I spend on the 3FC Forum boards." Now, I really don't want everyone to bail on the board, but it is true....I often feel guilty for coming here vs. taking a 15 minute walk. Obviously, I don't feel too guilty right now. Have a great week.
Joni - LOL Geees the guilt is really burdening me... I think I will at least go pop in a 15 minute workout dvd! I am hoping the biggest loser challenge motivates me (somewhat) Hope we get on the same team!

Hope everyone behaves themselves on New Years! I got the thumb's up from my doc yesterday to go back at everything so I, along with my 500 extra calories for breastfeeding, are back on the weight loss train!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesskahle View Post
My center closed while I was pregnant. I have seen so many people on here succeed without their centers. You have all the info you need, just buckle down discipline yourself and you can do it! (I am also taking my own advice )

Last edited by bradleys mom; 12-30-2008 at 09:45 PM.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:23 AM   #15  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi Friends!

I've lost my rhythm this week but just did a 1 mile walk with Leslie Sansone and I already feel better. Joni-I agree 100% and your post inspired me to squeeze in a mile before I go to bed.

Hope everyone has a great NYE!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote