Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:37 AM   #1  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Default Plan and Chat: Dec 22-28

Hi Ladies-

Figured I would start this up since it had not been started yet.

How is everyone? Maintaining their sanity I hope

Its almost Christmas and I couldnt be happier. I am not even that big of a fan of the Holiday, I just like the days off from work

I lost 1 lb this past week. I am still happy. I havent been exercising because of the snow/sleet/rain/cold temp. I just have been sticking to my heathy eating. I ordered yoga booty Ballet and I cant wait to start it come January when I am back in a house with privacy to workout.

I weigh myself once a week and thats on Sundays. What I like to do every Sunday is also give myself a lil "spa" treatment at night. I give myself a facial (thanks to the amazing microdelivery peel kit from philosophy) and I give myself a nice mint salt scrub rubdown when I get in the shower.It is almost like a reward to myself for doing so good the entire week. I found its a really great habit to get into.

Anyone have any interesting plans for this coming week? My boyfriends b day is on sat and I got him eagles tickets for Sunday. I am so excited to give them to him, its been so hard to keep it a secret for the past 2 months.

I wish everyone a happy holiday and the strength to not eat all those cookies your aunt has baked
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I had an off weekend and ended up on the scale this morning. Must. Do. Better.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Had an off weekend and am having an off day as we speak. Problem is, kids home from school for two weeks. Sorry, love the kids, but it means handling snacks and food 24/7.

I know....provide healthy snacks for all......yeah right, mom.
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I'm MIA with shuttling back and forth between two houses. The computer at the dog sit sucks so I can't really check in all that much. Will be at my house Christmas Day and two days after so will check in then.

Happy holidays!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:00 AM   #5  

Ok, I think I "recovered" from Sunday's binge....know what I mean by that? Like recovering from a hangover. So, will try to get back where i was. It felt so good!
Old 12-23-2008, 10:06 AM   #6  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Hey gals,
How's trix?? Tomato posted a thread about exercise concern d/t the holidays. My concern is that my family and I will be spending 9 days with my very food issue ladden mother.

This concerns me. a great deal.

I will not have a computer in Florida to track calories and get resolve for good health from you guys at 3fc. She will have one so I can pop on intermittently but she is nosy and controlling so I won't want open that door for her. She is also kind and warm. But we have issues and I really get buttons pushed when near her. ANd this is for 9 days.

ugh. why are we going, you might wonder? well, b/c it is sunny Florida and my kids adore her and vice versa and we really build lovely family memories when we go. But I get really stressed out.

Anyway, I'm trying to process this and might put out a separate thread in weight loss support forum but before I do that, I'd love to hear some of your thoughts and or advice?

thx,
Kitty
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #7  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Kitty- My mother stresses me out too. But I have learned that she only projects on me because she has issues with her weight and its been years since she really tried to lose any. She always comments that I eat "crap", eventhough I see her once a week and havent eaten this healthy in YEARS. I think its just in her nature to be like that.I tend to just ignore it.
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:26 AM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Well I had the same holiday fears as kitty. I was supposed to spend 8 days in the land that vegetables forgot just when I got fed up with my regain. But due to our incredible and totally unheard of 11 straight days of snow we didnt get to go to the inlaws for Xmas and are home instead.

On the other hand the roads have been too icy to run and my gym basically closed for the entire snow period (which was crap because the roads were not that bad)

I'm actually trying to lose between now and January 5th. I am fed up!

Last edited by ennay; 12-24-2008 at 10:38 AM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #9  
needs constant reminding

Hi ennay, just read your "it's muscle" post and I'm glad to meet you.
did I read correctly that you ran 200o miles last year? and you qualified for the boston marathon????? wow, you rock!!

I'm prepping some affirmations to remind myself with when in Florida. I might even put them on index cards.

Last edited by kittycat40; 12-24-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #10  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Hi Kitty!

One of the things I planned for my inlaw visit is I offered to cook dinner on the 26th to give MIL a "break". I have a SUPERB pumpkin soup recipe (I made it for a friend and she ended up making to sell in her cafe the next week) that is very healthy and also yummy and great with leftover turkey in it if you like. I was planning on making a HUGE batch so that I could have it for lunch for several days instead of Holiday leftovers.

I also find that when I visit MY mom who is not at all supportive of my weight loss I am better off phrasing my desire for healthy foods along the lines of "Oh god, I am just CRAVING oatmeal (or salad or veggies or whatever). I just can't stop thinking about it" Dont phrase it in healthy terms...really bump up the "This is what I want to eat"
Old 12-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #11  

Ah Christmas, and the relatives get all offended if you don't take a third helping.

With my mom it was alcohol (she was an alcoholic). She kept after me and after me to drink. Since I didn't have a car or the boyfriend drove it was hard to refuse. I wound up pouring a lot of booze down the kitchen sink and into the toilet. Then I discovered the glass of diet pop with ice. Carried it with me at all times and acted a bit drunk whenever mom wanted me to "freshen" my drink.

Do whatever it takes to make yourself feel comfortable. If someone bugs you just say that you are adopting healthier habits. how can they argue with that? (And it really helps to have a willing dog under the table ).

Cheers!

Dagmar (it's raining - UGH!)
Old 12-26-2008, 04:40 PM   #12  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

La la la la la. I am going crazy. I've been basically snowed in now for 12 days and the roads are getting worse and worse as it starts to thaw (we dont have snowplows because it rarely snows here)
Old 12-27-2008, 05:59 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
La la la la la. I am going crazy. I've been basically snowed in now for 12 days and the roads are getting worse and worse as it starts to thaw (we dont have snowplows because it rarely snows here)
We had one year where the mayor wanted to call in the army to shovel Toronto's snow because we didn't have enough removal equipment. We've learned the lesson. Globbal warming is not a myth. The weather patterns have been really unstable for the last couple of years so Toronto is prepared for anything now.

And we've got your "regular" weather (rain) over here for the next few days. It's supposed to pour rain here in Toronto Canada. That's kinda good as it'll melt the 6 feet of snow we have piled up on all of the streets and on our front lawns.

We've had record precipitation here this year - yucky for me 'cause I work outside all day but nice for grass and trees.

Too bad you didn't get snowshoes for Christmas.

Dagmar (rain - UGH!)
Old 12-27-2008, 08:38 AM   #14  

Good morning. Is anyone doing as badly with their plan as I? I am completely discombobulated by the holidays--the parties, the candies, the kids and husband around all the time. All blessings, I know, but personally I am someone who does best on a routine. I am so "off" right now. Been eating, blah. Tonight have to don my fat black pants and trudge off to another party. I could really do without it.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #15  
needs constant reminding

Geez. Last night I wrote a lengthy post and then hit some button that blew it all to kapluey!

let me try again:

Joan....I just forced myself to SHUT the cabinet door (not before having on e teeny tiny dark choc. square ) and take out a mug for some tea. Drinking it now

Ennay- if the pumpkin soup recipe is still around I'd love to make it for tomorrow. yesterday the kids and I used canned pumkin instead of oil b/c that's all we had in the house. The brownies stilll tasted great. (uh huh )
It has thawed here but will turn cold and stormy again soon.

Mudpie- sounds like you grew up as a survivor. I feel that way regarding my mother in some ways b/c she can be so very hypercritical and harsh. My self esteem was pretty shattered. I was nothing if I wasn't thin. So, of course I compulsively overate. I gotta work those index cards when I'm away.

Jersey- you are right. I do know how to block the comments. Sometimes I forget that I know how.

and DH is very supportive of my taking off in the am to go for a run. That will help my mental wellbeing more than anything

wishing everyone well-

Last edited by kittycat40; 12-27-2008 at 02:46 PM.