Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Oh My Goodness

I was watching the show the other night, I cant remember what it was but anyways, they were talking about the Hardees Monster Thickburger. It had double meat and bacon and cheese. They said it has 1420 cals, 108 grams of fat. Hardees says is was developed and geared towards 18 to 35 yr old males, how sad is that? But all I could think was MAN that burger looks awesome. Why would I want to eat something that the numbers were absolutely repulsive? i think the invention of such ood should be illegal. I purposely have to avoid that restaurant because I know I would eat that even i get near the place. When i was pregnant with my middle child I had physical therapy 3 days a week. I would drop my oldest off at pre k, stop and Hardees across the street, get 2 Frisco breakfast sandwiches, large hash rounds and a large coke. I have no control at some places but I dont think they have any healthy options to choose from anyways, not that I would pick them.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:28 PM   #2  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

ack, think they do this just to torture fat burger lovers?
glad there is no hardees here
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:06 AM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Think of the burger as the numbers instead. I know when i look into a place like mc donalds and see people eating burgers and fries it makes me feel repulsive enough to stop me eating them.

Another way, think of the feeling of guilt when the burger is actually in your stomach, it would be horendous!
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

I guess I haven't been dieting long enough yet. Burgers do not repluse me! LOL! I would eat on in a minute if my brain didn't stop me!

And I have eaten many Hardees Monsterburgers in the past there is a Hardees right behind my house unfortunately. It's been a long time since I ate fast food but there was a time it was almost all I ate, no wonder I look like I do now.

If you think a Monsterburger is bad think about how much fat is in a Wendy's triple with cheese and bacon! I've eaten those in the past too and I shudder to think about it!

But the best thing about Hardees is their breakfast, of all the fast food places they have the best biscuits! LOL! My fav was the sausage and gravy biscuit!

But I am glad that now I know that food while it may taste good to me is poison.

I won't even get into Kentucky fried chicken! LOL! mmmmmm-mmmmmm

oh well back to my tomato and cabbage soup and salad!

WHEN .. and a big when... I reach my goal I am going to keep eating healthy but I am going to go out and treat myself once a month to something bad. Maybe not a monsterburger but a big fat steak or something like that to treat myself every now and then.

<siggghhh>
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:29 AM   #5  
=D

My chest tightened and started hurting just by reading that. 100 G's of FAT!

Good god.

If I had one of those it'd be my calories for the day.

Last edited by mazza; 12-28-2008 at 05:31 AM.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:33 AM   #6  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

There is nothing wrong with the occasional treat. I always have mine on a Friday night if I have been good through out the week. It always used to be one or two homemade fruit cakes.
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:54 AM   #7  

Urgh. That meat is not going to be of good quality. Just think of all the bits of cow those people are going to be eating. It doesn't bear thinking about. Then again, I am vegetarian so am bound to say that!

How irresponsible, though. 100+ grams of fat! Christ. No thanks.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:02 AM   #8  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Height: 5'5"

Wow that is horrible! I have never eaten at Hardee's but I used to go to Jack in the Box and get a double bacon cheeseburger with large curly fries and a large coke and eat all of it. Yikes.
2ndChance09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:59 AM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well, when I see those ads, I think about the poor people I've seen on Discovery Health Channel at the Brookhaven Obesity Clinic. That pretty much takes my appetite away.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Well, when I see those ads, I think about the poor people I've seen on Discovery Health Channel at the Brookhaven Obesity Clinic. That pretty much takes my appetite away.

Jay
The Brookhaven clients are quite the cautionary take. I think its interesting how fast food ads have thin people in them. Especially McDonald's, they always have these smiling thin people eating french fries but honestly places like that make money from frequent customer and given the obesity rates I would be more honest to depict what the average over consumer of their food really looks like.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/174/145

Height: 5 ft 5

I can't even imagine eating that anymore. That's a whole days worth of calories!!! And.... The fat is outrageous
krock614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #12  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

That scares me to think what that kind of food does to people's bodies when they eat it. :shudders:
gymlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Well ... I've been doing this for 18+ months now and I"m not repulsed by burgers. I still eat at Five Guys every once in a while (it's my favorite no-count meal). I don't think one has to be *repulsed* by food to realize that it's not a healthy option.

I love a really big, juicy bacon cheeseburger. Mmmm. But I know that it's not a healthy option - and especially one from a place like Hardees. If I'm gonna have a bacon cheeseburger, I'm going to make one at home with the healthiest, freshest ingredients I can and I'm going to enjoy every bite of it and I'm going to accept that I made the CHOICE to consume a lot of calories and fat.

But I'm also not going to do it every day or even every week. I might make something like that once every few months as a huge indulgence. Or I might decide that I'd rather have a pice of Godiva cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. Or that I'd rather have a plate of Mexican food from my favorite place. Or whatever.

There's nothing wrong with a little indulgence once in a while. I fear going as radically the other direction and *fearing* food as I do going back to where I was and eating everything w/out thought.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote