Old 12-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Weekend Chat: Sat/Sun, 12/27-12/28

Mornin' All!

Having company later (family) that has never been to our house, so I'll be cleaning again...have a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:31 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Afternoon guys!

Lauren: I'm the same way about cleaning our house. If someone has never been here before or they are "important (say one of MIL's friends)", I have to do a more thorough job. If it's just one of our friends the house doesn't have to be as clean. If it's a certain friend of DH's, I don't do anything but move things off the couch so he can sit down. He's here so much I don't care anymore! Hope you have fun with your company.

We had a wonderful lazy morning just snoozing and letting the kids watch TV snuggled in bed with us. I finally decide to roll out of bed and the door bell rings. Who's ringing our bell before 10 on a Saturday? Oh, that would be DH's jam group!! We totally forgot about it! They've been having the jam once a month for three years and we have never forgotten about it before. We didn't even get the room ready. The guy went off for coffee and we raced through the playroom getting it ready. What a way to start the day!! LOL!! We couldn't believe we both forgot all about it.

Hope you guys are having a great day!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/148/130

Height: 5'6"

I too was enjoying a lazy morning and then my mom shows up unannounced. We are very close and that really wasn't a major issue. We went for a quick walk together. But then the weather happened and I've been sitting, glued to the tv as tornados have passed just to the north and to the south of us. No damage at my home but several towns around us have damage. No injuries reported yet. Now it's just raining but probably will all day. Kids have a little cabin fever - thank goodness for movies today!! I had the sense to buy a couple before the holidays - just for days like this!
Hope everyone has a great, safe day!
doubledetermined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #4  

I signed up for 3FC years ago but have never done anything with it. It's time. I'm hopeful that a little extra support will help me kick things in gear in the New Year. I've been slowly losing since Sept. and I'm down 15 or so pounds (just tried to maintain through Dec.) but I want to work a little bit harder. I'm looking forward to meeting others here with the same objective.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #5  

Ack! I guess I'd better go change my siggy line. I haven't been pg SINCE 2002. Wish I had that excuse!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #6  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hi gals!

Woke up this morning a little after 9am and had my kashi waffles for breakfast. Then, I got ready and headed to the gym (well, not right away, sort of watched some TV first). Worked out for about an hour and then met my mom for lunch. We then tried to clothes shop a bit. Didn't find anything at the mall except for The Biggest Loser wall calendar which my mom had been searching for as a gift for me for Christmas. So, she bought it for me which was very cool.
Then, we headed over to Sports Authority and while I thought their workout clothes were cute, they still seem too small for me. I did end up buying a pair of shorts, hopefully they fit since they are a large (most of my xl shorts are getting big, so hoping this fits). Finally, we stopped at Super Target to get a few groceries. I was disappointed to find out that even though this Target is very health and organic wise, they don't stock ezekiel bread. So, I'm going to have to head to Publix to get some tomorrow.

Hope everyone with all the storms is doing okay, stay safe!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...hey to all the newbies. Welcome.

As for me...well i'm getting my butt back in gear. Sat down last night and made a list of some foods i'm going to make. The next few months are going to be weird because dh will have nothing but night classes..therefore we'll only have dinner together for the weekend and i'm going to be working a lot this january. so i've decided while i have a few days off, i'm going to bake/cook a bunch of low fat stuff that can easily freeze and then dh and i can just take them out as needed. That way we can always have healthy food at hand. I also plan on getting my butt in gear and go to the gym today.

Hope everyone is well today.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome to all the newbies!

Well, I managed to lose the 4 pounds I gained last week. I just got right back on program and was totally careful and am down 3.4 pounds this week. It wasn't too hard. We didn't have huge fattening meals for Christmas so it was kind of easy. I just stuck to eating the correct portions and it came back off.

It always amazes me how fast I can gain weight. Blink... BLAM! A pound here, a pound there... EW!

Anyway, it's off and now I can move forward again. I don't know why I decided to go off program for the two weeks before Christmas. Maybe I just needed to so I could get my momentum back. I ate fast food three times with the kids in those two weeks and boy does that help to add back the fat.

Hubby got me a Wii Fit for Christmas and yesterday we were playing with it. It's so much fun, you don't realize you're exercising! My daughter is 11 and is 5' tall and at the beginning of the summer she was 108 pounds and had a tummy. I started my new life on June 28th and the family has been eating healthier because of it. She got on the Wii Fit yesterday and it took her weight... she is 102!! She is a healthy weight and a healthy BMI and I am so happy! No more tummy either. I didn't make a big deal of it to her because the last thing I want to do is make her conscious about her weight except that she is healthy. But I AM SO HAPPY!! I don't want her to live life like I did... always on a diet. Sometimes to lose weight and sometimes because I was afraid I would gain weight... it's a vicious cycle.

I finally have a day off so I am going to find something productive to do!! LOL Shopping anyone? LOL

poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #9  
LBH

Hi All!

It's soo nice to sit in a clean room! Not tripping over toys/boxes/dog toy bits. The boys are being pretty good about bring their new toys in their bedroom too. BIL & SIL and kids came over yesterday and we had a nice time. First time they've seen the house and they seemed to like it. They got the boys an air hockey table! It's a kid size, but I told them they shouldn't have spent soo much. They said it was part house-warming gift too. The boys LOVE air hockey. I do to, I always wanted a full-size table.

Nothing specific planned today except more cleaning. We didn't finish the dining room, so that needs to get done. Our bedroom needs help too, since it came down to the wire and we just started throwing stuff in the bedroom, since they wouldn't see that.

Welcome Bindersbee!

Val, Congrats on the loss! Good for DD too. I understand your point of not wanting to make a big deal of it. My boys are skinny, but I'm always telling DH that I don't want them eating crap all the time because I don't want them to end up fat and diabetic! I know it sounds extreme, but both of us have that apple body type, which is prone to heart disease and diabetes. I want them to learn good habits while they're young. It's bad enough that they don't eat veggies and are picky about a lot of other stuff.

GG, nice to see you! I don't know how good DH is with food, but maybe it's a good thing that you'll be on your own for dinners. Making ahead and freezing into meals is a great idea.

Shannon, I love those Kashi waffles. I bought the blueberry ones once. I'm too cheap to buy them often though. I did notice they are more filling though, along with the Morningstar Farms "sausage patties" I had bought. I don't have that kind of breakfast often though.

Have a great day all!
Old 12-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I am looking forward to a quiet week off of work. Well, I have a 1 and 5 year old so quiet is relative, but I am looking forward to not having to deal with 150 teenagers! YAY!!!

I got a Thai spice kit from my sis for Christmas and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of low fat Thai food. I know coconut milk is loaded with calories, but I am hoping there are low fat options too. I absolutely love Thai food.

The weather is that gray dingy feeling. There isn't anything noteworthy about it, but is still has a dull affect on you. I wish it was stormy or something.

Have a great Sunday!!!
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #11  

riley-you can get low fat coconut milk and it taste just as good. I love thai food. Definately experiment with the low fat coconut milk..it is good

lauren-dh is actually pretty good..he'll eat whatever i cook. But i think it will be better this semester. I end up eating so late at work because i don't get off until 8 or so. So i'm planning to bring both lunch and dinner to work to make sure i'm not eating poorly.

poppy glad to hear you are having fun wit the wii.

as for me...i took the dog for a 30 min walk when we had a break in weather (its been raining forever here). Then it took me about 2 hrs to get all the food shopping done. Had to go to a few different places for it..but luckily they are all within 5 miles of each other. I did pretty good sticking to the food budget, and got a lot of stuff for 3 large healthy meals. Im just relaxing some now, and the off to cook for a few hours LOL

hope everyone is enjoying their day.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #12  
LBH

Hey GG, Eli seems to have dry skin or something. He scratches and licks a lot and I noticed he's got a thinning spot on his hip and a couple dry skin spots on his inner thigh area. Any suggestions? I seem to recall putting a couple tablespoons of oil in my old dog's food when she had dry skin. Think that would help?
Old 12-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #13  

wow i just spent about 2 hrs cooking..but i got lots of food that i'll freeze for easy cooking.

Lauren-eli's still a puppy right? If eli has a few thin spots of hair missing, i'd have it check to make sure its not demodex (not contagious). Some dog's also get dry skin when the heat comes on, you can add essential fatty acids to his diet..but since he's seems itchy...i whould have him evaluated (aka a skin scrape done) to make sure it isn't something more (:
Old 12-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #14  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!

Just stopping by to say hi, hope everyone is well!

We had a quiet Christmas here, too quiet! It was just the 4 of us. Yesterday we visited my cousin and my Aunt was there. I'll probably visit my grandparents next weekend. My grandpa isn't doing so well. It's a relief for him to have someone to visit my grandma at the nursing home so he can rest.

If I don't get back on this week, I hope everyone has a GREAT New Year!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:38 PM   #15  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Whew! Just did the new Biggest Loser Boot Camp workout DVD for the first time and it has me sweating! I really need to get ahold of a sports bra I think because I'm so uncomfortable jumping around in my regular bra. Anyone have any suggestions on types? I noticed in Target they are just like S-XL in size. How does that work?

poppy, I wish I had a wii! My mom was asking my dad for one for Christmas, but he claimed he couldn't find one. Ha. Hoping they get one next year and a wii fit because then once I have some money again, I'll get Jillian's Ultimatum. Congrats on the new exercise "toy!"

Nice to hear so many of you had time with family this week. We didn't end up going over my grandmother's on Christmas (long story), but supposedly are going over on the 1st.

Oh, and I'm having a wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow late morning. I am pretty scared of the whole thing (big wuss that I am), so keep me in your thoughts and all tomorrow morning please. I'm hoping it goes quick and there isn't a lot to deal with so I can just got home and chill out.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote