Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/204/190

Height: 5'4

Default Havnt lost in awhile...

This is so frustrating, as I can not get below 230! It's been about a week or so and I keep going back and forth between 230 and 231. It makes me wonder why I'm busting *** to do this and makes me feel like I no way could ever reach my goal if I can not even get to 229. I cant even say, oh it's the holidays i've eatten cookies and such. Because I have not. I havnt changed my eatting or anything, which makes me wonder. It's like maybe I'm eatting somthing I should not be, or maybe I'm eatting too much, or too little. (I already think I'm not getting enough calories). I just need motivation and needed to vent a little.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
x0me880x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey, don't worry we all go through this. Are you tracking your calories? If not, I would try it for at least a few days to see where you are. If you already are, what are you eating calorie wise? Are you getting your water and fiber?
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

Everybody has one week or two week stalls...at least almost everybody, and a lot of people have plateaus that last a lot longer than that. Weight loss isn't scientific. It does not come off at an even pace even if you keep your behavior and your eating steady. However, as long as you are carefully tracking your caloric intake, you are getting plenty of fluid, fiber, etc. and you are getting your exercise, your weight loss will pick up again. Really, a week is nothing. Even two weeks is nothing. Slow and steady wins this race...keep at it and eventually you will get results again.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I usually stay the same for about 3 weeks! and then drop the pounds all at once not even knowing how it happened! hang in there it will happen
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:29 PM   #5  
starting over again

Hang in there. You've already lost 34 lbs. That's quite an accomplishment. Your body may just need a break.
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #6  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

I know how you feel. Its been a week and a half with nothing, but I know the weigh-in before that I lost 4 1/2 pounds so I just figure my body is trying to catch up. I also know that I am eating properly and working out at least 6 days a week. So I am doing my part, I just think my body is freaking over the fact that I want it to lose more than 25 pounds. Hand in there. Your weight will catch up with your efforts.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Yup. I don't know anyone on this site, myself included, who hasn't had a week where they've done everything right and the scale hasn't moved anyway.

Sometimes it's just ... I dunno .. fate. You never know what can influence the scale - from the weather to eating a little extra salt to your period starting ... who knows.

Just hang in there and remember that it's not one week that counts ... it's a cumulative effort over months and even years. Be healthy, eat well, and it WILL work for you.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

hey I just started and I was losing weight like crazy at first and it just trickle off to nothing for a week and a half straight no pounds lost and I didn't change a thing.

I was eating right and working out every day and I was disapointed that I didn't lose any weight at all after all my hard work and so after fretting about it a while I decided to just forget about it and keep trudging along and I weighed myself yesterday and guess what? 3 pounds lost! yippee!

But I had went almost a week and a half with NO weight loss. So now I know that our bodies are unpredictable and sometimes we lose and sometimes it's so slow it seems like we are stalled but from the info I gain from this site I know the MOST important thing is to just keep trudging along like.... the little engine that could! LOL!

Think ... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! LOL!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/204/190

Height: 5'4

I was going to wait until after work today but I couldnt wait to share this with you all. I never would have thought, that after posting this yesterday evening, it would finally happen today. When I stepped on that scale this morning I was expecting nothing. But got the best, 229.2!!!!!

I am so excited and so motivated right now. Every little pound, well in this case 2lb makes me more and more motivated!

It's the first time during this whole journey I nearly got emotional. I had to sort of step back and just stand there for a min thinking, "whoa, I'm actually doing this, how is this happening?". I just could not believe it. I am so happy right now.

I can honestly not even remember the last time I've been in the 220's. High School I would say. I am just in disbelief right now. When I saw that second 2 on the scale... yeah words can just not describe it.

Well I'm rambleing now, I'm going to be late for work, and sound crazy I know. But I know you all know how I feel.

Have an amazing day everyone!!!
x0me880x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

x0me880x, I'm so glad you posted the update, I'm teary for you! I remember that feeling of wonder that I was actually losing the weight. For me it had been so long coming. Congrat's to you! Isn't it such a wonderful feeling? I have so much more self confidence now and I'm sure you do too. You can do it, all the way to goal!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Keep it up and youll get to wonderland in no time
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

Your joy is so palpable, I felt a lump in my throat! I am so happy for you!!!
judipurple is offline   Reply With Quote