South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 02:42 AM   #1  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Default Merry Christmas Beach Chicks!

This is a first... me starting a thread. I just finished wrapping the last minute gifts and DH and I placed everything under the tree. We set up DS's new train set and I can't wait for morning!! I wish I could wake him now!
My in-laws came over for dinner tonight (or technically yesterday). We had a great time. Today we are headed to my mom's house in the afternoon to celebrate with my brothers and their kids. Hopefully we can tear DS away from the train!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy spending time with family, friends and loved ones. I hope Santa brought you everything you were hoping for!!
-Jenny
Old 12-25-2008, 07:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Merry Christmas!

We are going to my DS and DIL's for breakfast shortly, then we're coming back here so I can get the turkey in the oven. This is the first time in years that we haven't had all the family here for Christmas morning, but they were all here yesterday and will be back this evening. I'm enjoying this little break in between.

Have a happy day, and safe driving, dear Chickies.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Merry Christmas chicks!

jenny - that sounds wonderful! Let us know his reaction!

Cottage - Enjoy the day later with family!

Me - I'm excited b/c I called a client yesterday that I thought might not have plans today...and she doesn't! She was SO excited to be invited over. For me, it was originally just my family...since my parents are in FL, and DH's are in NC. I enjoy spending it with other people! She's going to start SBD after the holidays....I'll have to show her this website!

Everyone have a Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2008, 07:43 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Popping in to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas Day!!

It's been a whirlwind around here since last week. My son graduated from LSU last friday and my sister, mother and daughter all came to town and are staying through the weekend.

It is very hot and muggy here today...typical LA Christmas....although we had 10 inches of snow on the 11th. Go figure.

We did the traditional gumbo last night and I spent all of yesterday cooking. Have to finish it up today. Ham, Roast, mirletons, sweet potato crunch, seafoam salad, oyster patties and bread pudding. Today is my day to eat whatever I want and I hope I don't make myself sick!! I have the same policy for Thanksgiving, but didn't go nuts.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:52 AM   #5  

Bread pudding! With bourbon sauce?

It's nice to see you, CAT! Have a very enjoyable time with your family, and congratulations to your DS!

TWYNNE, that was a beautiful thing you did, inviting a lonely friend to spend Christmas day with your family!

JENSKI, was your DS excited to see the train?
Old 12-25-2008, 07:59 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cottage!!!..actually it's rum sauce. I found the easiest way ever to make it by mistake a few years ago. I had put some sweetened condensed milk into a pot to make something else and realized I picked up the wrong can..It was supposed to use evaporated milk. I had bread pudding in the oven and just dumped some rum into the pot of condensed milk and voila...the best bread pudding sauce ever. Much easier and even better tasting than the traditional stuff.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:36 AM   #7  

That sounds delicious and easy, CAT! I'll have to remember that if I ever make bread pudding again. Only my DD and I like it, so I don't make it often. I have a tendency to gobble up the leftovers!
Old 12-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Merry Christmas to all and Happy Day to everyone else,

Christmas morning has past and Santa has done his job again this year! Everyone is happy and busy doing their own thing and NOT fighting with each other(that means I got my gift also!!)

Jenski-We are going to my sisters tonight and the cousins will have a blast. Enjoy your time.

Cottage-sounds like your Christmas will be busy also. I loved going to mom and dads for the holiday but it is now the kids' job to make the holiday for them. Spend your blest time enjoying.

TwynnB-Always nice to have extras around the house during the season, they add so much.

Femme-Congrads to your son. My youngest DD loves your pictures. She has me call her in to show them to her everytime. Her favorite ones are of the dogs. Bread pudding sounds yummy I made cinnamon rolls for the family seems to be a tradition around here. Enjoy your day.

As for me and my house we are waiting eagerly for grandparents(inlaws) to show up for their morning visit and then we nap(ha ha just us old folks) and then go to my sisters house(with all outlaws)for dinner and whatever. Fun time to be had by all.

Have a great day and a safe one too!
Old 12-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Merry Christmas Chicks!

We have had a nice Christmas so far, mostly. Last night I still had to wrap after the kids went to bed and DS had a hard time falling asleep. Okay, my kids are too old to really believe in Santa, but on Christmas Eve, they still want to act like they believe, so we keep up the charade for them. I am ready to give it up though, because then I can just wrap everything and put it under the tree ahead of time and not be up at 1AM on Christmas morning. Anyway DH was helping, we were being quiet and sneaky, and then DH caught the cat drinking the Christmas tree water and decided to chase her away by yelling at her. Then I see DD, the youngest, at the top of the stairs, looking at me with this heartbroken face. She said "I thought I heard Santa downstairs, but then I heard Daddy cursing." Then she wanted to know if Santa had come yet, so I said no, and daddy and I were just coming up to bed. She says "I thought I saw things in the stockings, though." So, I cleverly cover up by saying, "um, no..." and shoo her back to bed, where I can hear her softly crying for the next half hour. Kind of heartbreaking and funny all at the same time. I think we are done with Santa though.

Then the poor kid opens her main gift, an American Girl doll, which turns out to be, get this, headless! The head is not attached to the body! She also got an outfit for her American Girl Indian doll, and the boot breaks as she is putting it on the doll. I feel so bad for her, but she is taking it all in stride and with good humor. She also got a camera and took some pictures so she could remember the Christmas of the headless doll. My oldest DD used to collect AG stuff and it was always good quality, but I think things have changed with that company. Believe me, they will be getting a letter from me. Fortunately, I think I can fix the doll myself, without having to send it back.

My parents and grandmother stopped by to see the kids' gifts and had some breakfast with us. We will go to my mom's later for dinner, and will see my oldest brother's family for sure and my youngest brother's family hopefully. He is kind of unpredictable. So I've got some time to relax and then need to make some appetizers and cauliflower.

Oh, I didn't actually fall on the ice yesterday, I just did that thing with my arms and feet spinning for a few seconds, but I got my balance fortunately. That would have been a big fall!

Good to see you here Cat! Enjoy the family and congratulations to your son.
That sounds like my plan phx and cottage, breakfast here with grandparents then dinner with everyone. Fun times!
Jenny, I'm sure DS is loving that train right now.

Well, enjoy chicks and I'm off to decide what appetizer to make for later. How's that for waiting until the last minute? I'm thinking hot crab dip or hot artichoke dip. or crab AND artichoke!
Old 12-25-2008, 01:28 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Okay Schmoodle I admit I felt kind of sorry for your DD but laughed a lot. I love that she wants to take pictures to remember the doll. Your dip ideas sound yummy. Hope you all have an enjoyable and predictable rest of the day.

Jenny - Can't wait to hear about the train

Cottage, Cat, Twynn, Phx and everyone else out there - hope your day is filled with all good things whatever you celebrate.

It's quiet in our house but I need to get cooking. I'm making dinner tonight and eggplant lasagna and bread to bring for tomorrow's dinner.

I'm also going to try to get out for a walk since the sun is out and it's relatively warm.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:29 PM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Merry Christmas
Sounds like everyone is having a nice time with family. Schmoodles- your story of DH cursing made me laugh, we watched Christmas Story a couple of days ago (all time favourite) and what was it the mother had him hold a bar of Lifebouy soap in his mouth(do they still make it)?

Sure could use a couple of kiddies around here. Its so wonderful to see them so pleased with their toys. My little grandson is 16 months now and opened up one present (a little dump truck) and is so busy and happy with it that DD says they will wait to open all the other ones. They sounded in good spirit and SIL has a job which will pay the bills until the hiring freeze is over.
We had our tradional brunch and now the trukey is going in, in about an hour.
You are all such a caring and sharing bunch, thank you and Merry Christmas again.
Sophie
Old 12-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #12  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Merry Christmas, girls.

Putting the brunch stuff away and the running a vacuum over the floors before our family arrives.

DH is putting together some of DS' toys.

Hope everyone has a great day!

ETA: Sophie, that is cute about your grandson DS did the same thing. He pulled some hot wheels cars out of his stocking and wasn't interested in anything else for about an hour.

Last edited by zeffryn; 12-25-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #13  

Brian ended up enjoying the soldering iron, Merit Badge binder and origami paper. We took a long walk this morning with the dog (now named Max as both Don and Brian like it and I'm okay with it). I get to keep him one more day. YEAH! He's good for helping me to get some exercise. Brian and I made an apple pie today to use up some sugarfree pie filling so we will have a good dessert with out dinner later.

I've convinced him he needs to go visit his Dad since it is Christmas so we'll head up there soon. And I spent probably an hour chatting with my sister. She had me set up Paltalk so we got to chat on the webcam. She hadn't seen Brian in years so it was nice to see how much he had grown. Merry Christmas, friends!
Old 12-25-2008, 02:46 PM   #14  

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful day!!!! We had quite a bit of excitement this morning and now some quiet.

Barb You will be happy to know that Megan is SOUND asleep right now, who knows how long she will nap! I am glad that Brian enjoyed his presents. That is sweet that you are taking him to see his dad.

Gotta go sweep the kitchen floor and think about some dinner prep.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Apparently my brain thinks Christmas is a free for all. I haven't even had dinner yet and I've already eaten enough for the whole day I am so back to P1 on Sunday! Hope everyone else is enjoying their day without being a little piggy like me

Zeff - Glad to hear you're still home with the family and enjoying DS this holiday.

Sophie - That is too cute and much nicer than older kids tearing through everything and then being bored!

Okay, back to cooking. The bread I made for tomorrow didn't rise as much as I wanted so now it's ours and I've got another loaf in. Because I didn't already have enough to do!
Closed Thread