Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-25-2008, 12:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Default Merry Christmas everybody!!!

HAR! I am the first!!! If I can just make it through today without going crazy on all the Christmas treats I'll be home free!

Any New Years resolutions???

Mine is I am going to give up diet drinks (aspartamine) completely. I am ready for it, no more of those carbonated flavored waters, Diet Moutain Dew and Diet Sprite.

If I feel the need for something carbonated I was just showed how to get club soda and put a little squirt of fruit juice in it. I swear I had never tried that before and I love it. Also a little fruit juice in ice tea is good too.

How about it anybody making any resolutions? Do people even make any resolutions any more?
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:56 AM   #2  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Merry Christmas to you and everybody else.

No, no New Years resolution. I don't do well with them and they usually are forgotten within a few days (weeks at the best). That is why I wisely did not make it my last year's resolution to lose weight; and it worked!

I will continue to exercise every day and eat clean, but that has become my new lifestyle now, so I don't need to make it a resolution. But I wish best of luck to everybody else with theirs. YOU CAN DO IT!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:38 AM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatiron View Post

Any New Years resolutions???
Merry Christmas to you too. I think I am (starting today because I won't wait until Jan 1 for this) going to try to drink more water. I am really bad about getting my 6 to 8 glasses in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatiron View Post
Mine is I am going to give up diet drinks (aspartamine) completely. I am ready for it, no more of those carbonated flavored waters, Diet Moutain Dew and Diet Sprite.

If I feel the need for something carbonated I was just showed how to get club soda and put a little squirt of fruit juice in it. I swear I had never tried that before and I love it. Also a little fruit juice in ice tea is good too.
You will feel a lot better after a few weeks getting rid of the carbonation. I gave up all carbonated drinks last spring and I don't have to burp all the time. My digestive system is a lot happier these days. I am also less bloated.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #4  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

i'm sure i will have a ton as usually but mainly i have always wanted to be able to run and this year i am focusing on it

and merry christmas

Last edited by me4life; 12-25-2008 at 09:56 AM.
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
No, no New Years resolution. I don't do well with them and they usually are forgotten within a few days (weeks at the best).
I know what you mean! The ONLY other New Years resolution I ever made and kept was I promised my daughter on New Years Eve I would quit smoking 16 years ago and I kept that promise. I have thanked God 20 times over since that day that I was able to quit smoking!

I can't even count how many times I have made a resolution to "get in shape"

I don't think resolutions should be so broad like that, but little one's are worth a shot! LOL!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:58 PM   #6  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Merry Christmas to everyone!

My New Year's Resolution is to get to goal weight and start maintenance!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Good Morning, Ya'll and Merry Christmas.

My resolution is not specifically weight related. I am not even sure quite how to word it.

My resolution is to simplify my life in any way I can. It is to take the best and leave the rest. It is to say NO more often (to others as well as myself) and focus all my attentions on what is important to me--the things I say yes to.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Disgruntled One---yes, A Memememememe Year--finally!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Merry Christmas!!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
My resolution is to simplify my life in any way I can. It is to take the best and leave the rest. It is to say NO more often (to others as well as myself) and focus all my attentions on what is important to me--the things I say yes to.
I love that -- I've been slowly doing that over the past six months. in the beginning it seemed like even more stress, but that's because I was withdrawing from the "drama" of it all.

Merry Christmas everyone.

My resolution is to stick to the goal I have made for myself. By January 30, 2009 I hope to have a loss of 10 lb by exercising 6x weekly (including Jillian's 30-day shred) and maintaining 1500 calories per day with one 1800 calorie day.

Yikes! I just became accountable! LOL.
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #11  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else here at 3fc, as well!

As far as resolutions, I'm just going to keep with my commitment to get healthier and keep losing the weight. I'm also agreeing with those who mentioned simplifying their lives. It's time to pare things down, declutter, and make my life easier!

Have a great holiday you all!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:50 PM   #12  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

No New Years resolution for me. I don't need anything else to fail at and beat myself up over all year. But my commitment to myself and my family is to make us all healthier people in the coming year.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote