Old 12-24-2008, 01:10 AM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Back in Kindergarten #67

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

Feel free to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:39 AM   #2  
One day at a time

Okay, I am back...

JULES...glad you went to the doc and hope you feel better soon!

FRANCIE...hoping your BIL is able to get there on time...not sure of his flight and where his layovers will be but I saw on the news lots of angry people at the airports.

TAMMY...sorry you have to work on Christmas day, but as you said, someone has to and you gotta do whatcha gotta do. Glad the stepdaughter loved the tv and I am sure the others will also! Hope Santa brings you something nice too!

MINDEE...hope the kids feel better soon. That would suck being sick on Christmas day...I was last year, ugh! But it's different for kids.

HIYA SUE, SUSAN, KATY, KATHY, ASIA and, and...I know I am missing someone...oh, SASSY!

Not much going on with me...today was a pretty boring but long day. Got up early and here it is after midnight and I am still awake. Waited until the last minute to do things and started baking at 9'ish, lol. This is/won't be our traditional Christmas Eve dinner...not really worried about it so...just baked a cake and some cookies. Then tomorrow I am making a crockpot bread pudding and that's it for my cooking. We are having pizza and wings and dessert, lol. Hoping to have leftovers for Christmas day too. And I plan on spending the next two days in my pj's and sleeping late. Most likely won't be on the computer either so...wishing you ladies a very Merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2008, 02:00 AM   #3  
One day at a time

Almost forgot...

KATHY...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-24-2008 at 02:01 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:18 AM   #4  
RosieKate

You would think that with being snowed in and all that I would have more time to post...well, there's also major competition for the lone computer so I have to grab my moments here and there. Still snowed in...going on two weeks. Some kind of record for Portland. We might make it to church, but I'm not holding my breath. So I may not get back here for a few days...
Merry Christmas Everyone!

And Happy Birthday, Kathy
Old 12-24-2008, 09:11 AM   #5  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Merry Christmas Eve!!!

Cristina~I totally forgot about the bad weather..ugh. How can I find out if there are any layovers??

Kathy~Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Katy~Snowed in..yikes!!!! Send some of that snow my way!!!!

OKay..I gotta go. Gotta shower, and get ready to leave by 12!!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:35 AM   #6  
ugggg.....

Happy Merry Christmas Eve!!

Got a late start to work today (making up some time from my sick day and hubby had to work anyway. Did some last minute grocery shopping. I am with Cristina--nothing is traditional this year. Christmas Eve will be munchies (lots of veggies w/little dip for me), And I am skipping the turkey--going with a pasta and cheese theme--DD wanted macaroni & cheese and DS wanted spinach stuffed shells--both wanted green bean casserole....go figure--It will be a pancake breakfast by request....

Francie--Coming from AZ--I think he will be ok--though there is the icy mess this morning but that is suppossed to be clearing off as the temps rise--when does he finally come?

Katy--I have been watching the snowfall in the PNW--unbelievable--as Francie says the rest of you getting snow need to share with us!! All we are getting is sleet and freezing rain...yuck!!

Kathy--Happy BDAY to you!! Another December bday!! I really have to write all this stuff down somewhere--I think that will be my New Years resolution--mark up a calender and send bday cards-before the day!! I never did get Christmas cards done and sent...

Cristina--what are the family plans for Christmas--it's tough having to share...will you get to see Cambrie?? Dave finally called Teri--he wants to see Dominic for Christmas and he wants her to come too. Still doesn't want to pay child support. He's using his daughter to guilt her again--"Lily" really wants to see her and Dominic. He is working but has so many fines to pay from losing his drivers license and getting caught up on his child support for Lily so he doesn't go back to jail for non-payment--there is nothing left to give to Dominic he says.

well--I really do have to get a few things done!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:56 AM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Merry Christmas to all my favorite BIK ladies...And that means ALL of you!!

Busy morning here getting ready for the family. We do an afternoon meal and get together with DD and her family. They go to church at 6:30 and the two grown grands go to their Dad's. It is hard trying to share. But we have worked it out for years.
I have made way too much food for our small group, so we will take some to SIL's tomorrow and eat the rest all the next week. I made pork bbq and ham for sandwiches, jello and potato salad, 2 cheese logs, nacho dip, cookies and fudge. DD is bringing mac and cheese, oreo dessert and deviled eggs. We just fix what are someone's favorites...nothing really traditional. But we end up with too much food. Not good when you are trying to BE good.
Then tomorrow SIL is fixing the traditional dinner and I am taking ham.
After all this I will be on an exercise regime for sure. I weighed at 165 and hope to stay around there.

I am not going to get to do indies...and I have been saying I would for a week. But I hope all of you know how much I value you and your friendship here.

Last edited by suetalks; 12-24-2008 at 11:57 AM.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:16 PM   #8  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just thought I would pop in here while I have a minute to do so......the kids just got a bath, and will be going to take a nap sometime soon.....I hope!

we were supposed to go out last night just me and Tommy, but our neighbor called and said that she was sick. so, now we are just playing it by ear and seeing what other ideas we can come up with.....other wise we will just wait until she feels better. I told Tommy that we could all just go as a family but he says that he wanted a trip for just me and him. so who knows what we are going to do now...plus the kids got gift cards to Cold Stone Creamery.

ETA: Tommy is doing okay.....he has some moments of pain but they are no where near what they were before.

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 12-24-2008 at 01:16 PM.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:37 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

Hope you had a good birthday Kathy!

Old 12-24-2008, 02:53 PM   #11  
kitty Momo

Whew, I made it back on line!

Busy at work and homebound w/ this crazy icy weather. I put a turkey in the oven this morning , going to have Christmas this evening since I will work tomorrow.
Planning on a lot of turkey salads over this next few days since it is a 17 lb turkey. lol - the landlord gave it to us as a gift.
Made 141.8 this morning, yay. I hope to maintain that this week, hard w/ all the goodies laying around.
Was given a simple pedometer , I know they aren't rocket science but I was having a hard time w/ mine. So, I used it yesterday and recored 3 miles walked at work. I will do area 3 though the next 4 days and that should be more walking, eager to see what it is.

Anyway, out of the loop and have to catch up all over again!

I wish you all a wonderful, safe Christmas!
Old 12-24-2008, 03:17 PM   #12  

just thought I would pop back in for a little bit.....wanted to wish every one a Merry Christmas!

we are tracking Santa through Norad, and the kids are enjoying it! although Logan is supposed to be napping, and like usual he isn't!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:23 PM   #13  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Merry Christmas everyone

Popping in really quickly. Thank you for the cards Cristina, Sassy and SuzyQ. Nice you three really make the sheep look good.

By the way SuzyQ, DD asked me where I met you, and I told her, and her mouth dropped and she asked me why you would be on a website called 3fatchicks when you obviously don't have a weight problem! The girls are as beautiful as you are.

Sassy, did you make the card? It is beautiful. Cole took the card and he took it out to the shop and told DH to take down his wrestling chick calendar and put up his card, as it is more important, and he would like to look at it everyday. I asked him what about me looking at it, and he said it has his name in it, so it really is his anyways.

Cristina, the snowmen fit right in with our decorations. DGD took over my kitty card, although she thinks its a puppy. Can't get it back from her either. Oh well, it is the big 40 tomorrow, and I am a little depressed about that. Makes me forget about that watching her pet the puppy and of course give it sloppy kisses.

Katy- hope the snow stops soon for you. I really did a reverse snow dance, guess it didn't help. Have fun with the family tomorrow.

Jules - is Teri going to take Dominic to visit tomorrow? Hope you guys have a nice day tomorrow also. Just giving DGD empty boxes for Christmas, I am sure that will be what she wants to play with anyway.

Sue - Yum, there is still time to jump on a plane and come my way. We will sure help you eat all you have made. Hope you have a happy day tomorrow.

Mindee - I am going to log onto that tracker in a few minutes and see if we can track Santa also. The kids are all excited.

Francie - Merry Christmas to you and Fonzo. Did you two go out and get each other more presents? Good luck with the BIL coming.

Tammy - Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. Have a great day.

I do feel like I am missing someone, but I sure hope not.

Big hugs to you all, I am so grateful to know you all.

Oh and Cristina, I am trying to think of a good challenge for us, although it will not include exercise, because you would kick some butt - I will let you know what I come up with.

Last edited by luckycharm; 12-24-2008 at 06:36 PM.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:37 PM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Merry Christmas!!!!

Merry Christmas All!

Well here I am at work, at least its my last night and since I was sick I've only had to work just 2 nights this week. lol. Plus our boss said we can leave at 7 am when the dayshift girl gets here as long as its not busy, and it shouldn't be.

I'm feeling better. I think today I feel the best I have felt. *knock on wood!!!* I am really sleepy though but that is ok. lol.

Kathy --- That is soooo sweet what Cole said. Awww. I'm glad you all liked the card, but no, it wasn't me who made it. But someone did they are hand made, I just can't take credit for them. lol. Please tell Cole I wish him a Very Merry Christmas and I hope that Santa brings everything he is wishing for.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!!! You all are very special people and I am glad to have found you. Thank You for being a part of my life.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:22 AM   #15  

just thought I would pop back in before heading to bed........

they are all asleep, thank goodness! it took until about 10:30 pm, but they beat Santa here!

Now, I am ready for bed but I think we are going to watch, or at least attempt to watch a movie.