Old 12-23-2008, 09:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Unhappy 30 Somethings Daily Chat, Tues. Dec 23rd

Is that sleigh bells I hear off in the distance? It's coming fast! Are you all done your shopping?

The holidays have pretty much been ruined by this retail job. It's supposed to be a happy time but every customer is a miserable SOB. My manager changed my schedule too so I have to work until 6pm on christmas eve. Dinner at my brothers was supposed to be at 5. Now they will have to hold it an extra hour and a half til I get there.

I guess it's better than not having a job though. Anyway, I have to put in a full 8 hours today and 9 hours tomorrow and then the day after xmas too. Not happy. I am very tired and feel a little overwhelmed. I did manage to get my shopping and wrapping all done though. How? I have no idea.

RC... did you hear from Target?

btw... I bought a new scale because my went on the fritz. It says I'm 4 pounds heavier than my ticker. I also kinda went off program for two weeks so maybe that was it... who knows. I knew I never should have made those cotton-pickin' xmas cookies!!!!! LOL

Have a great day all!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 12-23-2008 at 09:29 AM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:38 AM   #2  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey gals!

poppy, yeah they weren't interested. It's so sucky that I've been applying for so many jobs and haven't heard from anyone in the last week and a half.

Going to run to the dentist this morning because I *finally* got my x-rays from that stupid office in the mail yesterday. Then, I'm going to head to apply in person at a couple employers near the airport over here.

Not much else planned, not sure if I'm taking today off from working out or not. I'm mixed on it. Might just workout at home with a video tonight.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:01 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Poppy, is this your first retail job at Christmas? I have found that it goes in spurts. Because of the cold, the economy and the holidays fast approching people are grumpier this year. I was called racist, stupid, and some of my employees were flipped off this week ~~ I hear what you are saying. Next week I only have New Years Eve off. (Oh the joys of management)

Not much else going on here, try to have a great day.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:46 AM   #4  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Morning ladies!

Poppy, hopefully you'll get a break after the holidays???

RC, good luck at the Dentist, fingers crossed you'll get a better $$$ than the last one.

Hey Lisa, are your employees worse that the customers???

Disgruntledone, hey!

Not alot going on here. I'm about to head out. I still have a few things to buy and I need to shop for Christmas dinner. I have to find a few things for Spencer and I'm at a loss???? He's asked for obscure things and I've decided to ignore most of them, I won't go into any details.

I'm not looking forward to it, better go and get it over with!

Have a great day all!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Afternoon chicks. Whew. I'm exhausted. The party at school was chaotic. The kids were almost 1/2 hour late coming to the room so we had to scurry through the crafts and then shove cupcakes down their little throats! I made 24 cupcakes (cause that's how many a mix makes!) and came home with 8. I can't figure it out. I handed out the cupcakes myself and I am pretty sure that I gave every child a cupcake (there are 18 kids). I dunno. I think they are multiplying!

Not even going to mention the diet today. It has definitely gone by the wayside!!

I hope you are all having a super Tuesday!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #6  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Well, going to get one of my wisdom teeth pulled on Monday. Not looking forward to it, but it has to be done. Then, I think I go back soon after to get a couple fillings on that same side.

Went and filled out an app at one of the rental car companies this afternoon. Be nice if I hear back from them.

And, I don't envy anyone working in retail right now. I've done it for years and the only good thing with being unemployed is that I don't have to deal with anyone.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

I am exhausted... 'nuff said.

Have a great night all.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote