Old 12-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156.2/153/125

Height: 4'11"

Default Center Closing/Plan Info

Well, it happened. My center in Rock Hill, SC closed with absolutely no notice, exactly 1 week after I started back. I have been so successful so far and I am a little bumed. The good news is I have all of my bars, the bad news is, I am still on the 4 week express and have absolutely no information/ideas about what plan I should be on. If anybody out there can help me I would appreciate it. I am 4'11", in the 150's and 38 years old. The express plan I'm using allows me 3 proteins, 3 starch, 2 fats, 2 fruits, 3 vegetables plus 2 bars. I do have to say that I am hungry some of the time. Any help would be so greatly appreciated. Laura
RRMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:42 PM   #2  

Lucky you, you go to the same center that I was going to. I had been very cautious to buy all my bars as I went along. I figured it would cost me more, but was worried that eventually they may close since so many others had closed before.

If I remember correctly..you should stay on the same plan, but you get more food choices. I am trying to decide what to do going forward. Maybe do a mixture of LA and Weight Watchers. For once I was actually eating healthy foods, but I really liked having a place to go in and weigh in. I need the accountability.
mouse37sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:42 PM   #3  

Hi Mouse,

I too got all of my bars up front. I am going to keep following the plan as much as possible. I have been successful with it so far (I know it's only been a week, but every day is a little victory). I can always get some different bars or switch to real food when they run out. I love the support I get here, so I think I am going to keep going along with this website. I guess in the end we have to do this for ourselves, by ourselves. I'm just having to start alone a little earlier than I thought I would. Take care. Laura
Old 12-13-2008, 06:09 PM   #4  

I loved it too. I have been going since April. It helped having the three times a week check in's and for the first time in my life I have been eating fruits and some veggies on a regular basis. The people there were terrific. Just with I had an opportunity to say goodbye to them. I'm glad you got your bars all up front. Not sure what I will do.. I eat some of the luna bars, but they aren't quite the same. Guess it's all about modifying and figuring out what works best for you. There are lots of people that can help out as far as the plan goes. Just keep up the good work.

Chris
mouse37sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6

What is the 4 week express plan?How does it differ from the regular plan?
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:05 AM   #6  

Exclamation Charlotte, NC Center Closings

All Charlotte area centers closed abruptly Friday, leaving customers in shock. The offices were still selling products & services their previous business day. I tried calling the 1-800 number on LAWL website & received the message, "There are no centers in your area, thank you for your interest." Next, I tried the Customer Service number & the mail box was so full, no additional messages could be recorded. I then called their franchise information number & was able to contact Jennifer Pilley (Customer Service Manager for LA Weight Loss) on Friday morning. Jennifer said she was going to contact their District Manager (Kim _____) & find out what is going on/what was going to happen to their clients & get back to me. I'll post any information I get on this forum. I was suspicious a couple of months ago when the centers reduced their hours, they restricted the number of bars you could take in a week. I stocked up on some bars but then they were talking about extending their hours again in the new year, which made me feel better about my $650 in product I had bulked. Next time I'll go with my first instinct!
mggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #7  

I am so sorry your centers have closed, unfortunately, it is happening all over the company. If you are unable to receive responses regarding your rebates or refunds, try contacting the Vice President of Operations for the Franchise Company: Debra Toews, Cell: 215-385-1208, or Office: 215-346-4385. Best of Luck!
caidygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #8  

Kristin,

I think the only difference with the 4 week express is that you have less choices for your meats, starches, etc. I am going to do some research and figure out what exchanges I need each day and the calorie counts for each. Hopefully I will get som info off of this board about which plan I need to be on. Laura
Old 12-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/231/151

Height: 5'2

I have the book for the free to live menu plan (after the la express)
I can scan it and send it to those who want it
Also, your plan stays the same just more food choices as mentioned above.
jesskahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:10 PM   #10  

Jessica,

I would love to get the free to live book. One of the girls that worked at my center is trying to get a copy for me. We'll see if she can. I'm not sure about anything at this point. Could you e-mail it to me? Thanks so much. Laura
Old 12-15-2008, 10:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/225/130

Height: 5'3"

Jess,

Can you e-mail the Free to Live to me? ktlindz @ yahoo.com.
ktlindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 255/231/151

Height: 5'2

Sorry I completely missed this post!!! I will email you ktlinda, and RR MOM if you want it could you pm me your address!
I will have it off as soon as I have a sec to scan it
jesskahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #13  

Jessica,

One of the fired counselors brought me the free-to-live plan where I work, so I am good. I think I will take this week partially off. I don't want to use Christmas as an excuse to be crazy, but I also know that I won't be keeping up with everything like I have been. We are going out of town so I'm sure I will have multiple chances to eat poorly. Laura