Old 12-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #1  

Default New Plan /Momentum

I rejoined today after being off plan for several months. The leader said they were rolling out the new plan next week. Anyone else excited about it?
spcdcider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:39 PM   #2  
vanity0326

S/C/G: 257/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Default WW Online

I am reading the plan through the online version.

It sounds like it will be more filling and easy to follow.

Toni
vanity0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:10 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9

I'm just gonna stick with flex because it works for me and I eat mostly filling foods already,but I am glad that they are changing the plan because my friend is one of those people who will spend her 30 points at Taco bell and eat zero point soup and salad for the rest of the day...
cuteazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #4  

Flex may not be broken, but have you thought that Momentum might work even better, especially when eating out.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:22 PM   #5  

I am going to re-join next week and it's been awhile. Can you give me some idea of what the new plan is all about?
I need something, anything, to inspire me.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

We discussed it a little in this thread, reading through here might help: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156804

Otherwise it seems to be Flex and Core combined, to encourage both portion control and mindful eating of healthy, nutritional foods. That's the gist of it as I understand it, though it is still being slowly unveiled to us at meetings so we don't have the full scoop just yet
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 04:24 AM   #7  

Thanks, I'll check out that other thread. I'm kind of "scared" of all the extra foods I'll be presented with in the next week. Some of it is my own doing, some from others.
We live in NH and due to an ice storm, we experienced a significant ice storm and were without power for 8 1/2 days. When you lose your refrigerator contents and end up eating out and under a great deal of stress, it wreaks havoc. We have a well, and when we lose power we lose water, heat as well as everything else. It was a horrid weak here. I got so behind on everything as well.
There literally was no such thing as healthy eating, and actually not much ability to do any of that.
At least my refrigerator works now and I was able to buy yogurt, fruit and salad stuff again. But, with Christmas coming in a few days and we will be travelling out of state to where I'll have no control whatsoever of foods I am greatly concerned.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

I'm thinking of joining WW after seeing this new plan. Sounds like a combo of Flex and Core with concentration on low calorie/low fat/filling foods. Sort of like Volumetrics.
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:51 AM   #9  
forgetting the past

Height: 5'3

My mother and I just joined Weight Watchers Monday, and it has been a very good plan! I don't ever feel hungry, and I know from people in the past that has been an issue! With this new plan you choose filling foods and it really works So its really worth trying everyone!
xchampagnedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 276/244/160

Height: 5'7

Otherwise it seems to be Flex and Core combined, to encourage both portion control and mindful eating of healthy, nutritional foods. see t his is what i need when I look at what you said suite to me this means a lifestyle and looking at things more through eyes of maintance.
downtomygoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/204/150

Height: 5'6"

I just registered with 3fc and am trying to decide whether to follow a specific diet or simply cut back on portions and focus on more veggies and other healthy choices plus exercise. I lost 71 lbs on WW in 1990-91 and am a lifetime member but stopped attending meetings . Does the current WW plan take into consideration the glycemic index?
AnnieLaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #12  
g35

S/C/G: 243/193/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieLaurie View Post
I just registered with 3fc and am trying to decide whether to follow a specific diet or simply cut back on portions and focus on more veggies and other healthy choices plus exercise. I lost 71 lbs on WW in 1990-91 and am a lifetime member but stopped attending meetings . Does the current WW plan take into consideration the glycemic index?
I just returned to WW after taking December off because of surgery. I went to my first meeting of the year last night and despite it all I managed to lose 5.4 lbs since my last official weigh-in 6 weeks ago.

I spoke to my leader last night and she said that the plan hadn't really changed and to be honest, from what I have read on the WW site and etools, I really haven't noticed a huge difference.

Regarding the GI, WW still doesn't specifically follow that, but it you look at the new simply filling foods, these are foods that have low GI. The nice thing about WW is that it is flexible and if you want to follow a low GI meal plan (which I do) you can :-)

Good luck and welcome!
g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/204/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Thanks!

I appreciate the information! So far I'm using some ww recipes and trying to keep to low GI-one day at a time!
AnnieLaurie is offline   Reply With Quote