Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:05 PM   #1  
Make Every Day a Good Day

Default Lupus

I am having troubles with losing weight. I was diagnosed with Lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis when I was 14. I need help finding a good diet pill that will help me get over this hump that I am stuck behind. I like to exercise and eat healthy...I just need a boost to get me going.

Does anyone know of a safe and EFFECTIVE diet pill? Advice would also be helpful.

Thank you!!
redkgs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I don't think anyone here is going to recommend a diet pill for you, especially since you already have medical conditions that could be worsened by taking over the counter meds.

The truth is that there is NO diet pill that works the way you want it to. Every diet pill out there is some combination of caffeine and herbs that serve to give you an energy boost for a while. Some of them contain some kind of appetite suppressant and some of them don't. But none of them are miracle pills that will fix any "humps" or "stalls".

The only thing that works is eating well and exercising. Sorry. That's pretty much it.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #3  

I was afraid I would get that answer. =)

Thank you for replying, guess I need to get help and determination to get over the hump. Do you know of a good diet plan?
Old 12-20-2008, 10:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi Red, and welcome to 3FC!

My sister was diagnosed with Lupus 16 years ago in her early 20s. She is now married with 3 kids and doing very well, but I know it's a challenging and frustrating (and painful) condition. Sounds like you have made the decision to commit to losing weight - this is a wonderful site with lots of support. I'm not sure how much you have to lose or what kind of eating you currently do. But, folks on 3FC have found success with various plans -- some organized diet programs like Weight Watchers, others more self-created programs. I personally feel that calorie counting -- using a site like thedailyplate.com -- is very effective, especially combined with some exercise. My sister does not do intense cardio - too hard on her joints. But most of the time, she can walk and do classes like yoga or pilates.

Hope this helps ... good luck and take care!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:12 PM   #5  
What am I waiting for?

S/C/G: 315/254/160

Height: 5'6"

try a cleanse or elimination diet. sometimes people see some good weight loss and lessening of symptoms from eliminating gluten and dairy from their diets.
jasmine987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #6  

Thanks ladies! I appreciate your thoughts. I was laid-off in September and the pounds have multiplied. The stresses of paying for health insurance out of pocket and making ends meet, it has been Hard! I had tried WW and had some success- I will probably go back to it. Thanks again to you all!!