Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 06:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300 + Weekly Thread #1189

300 + Weekly Thread # 1189

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good morning Peeps - stay warm today!

Debi - glad to see you back - prayers still heading your way.

Jacquie - love the new avatar! You are beautiful. Thank you for posting it.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 12-15-2008, 07:13 AM   #3  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Good morning

Well my weekend of catching up with the chores has caught up with me and I am shattered and did not surface out of bed until 9.45am I will go early to bed tonight as I have to be up early tomorrow at 7.30am. I know getting up at that time in the morning is going to go down like a lead balloon.

I did manage to get all my chores done and also made a big batch of cereal bars a bit like granola bars. The main ingredient is oats, and then add egg plus sugar (I use half and half sugar. which is half sweetener and half sugar). Then add in what ever you like, nuts, dried fruit the worlds your oyster what you put in. I then put it into a tray I have lightly sprayed with one cal spray. I made double batch so the others are now residing in my freezer along with the fruits of the forest muffins I made after lunch.

I sure did not take any rocking when I went to bed I was so tired. I managed a couple of pages of my book before I called it a day. Can not even remember DH coming to bed plus when I woke up this morning he wasn't there either. I can remember when it was me who was always up first as I never need much sleep about 4 or 5 hours and that was it. It is more like 9 or 10 hours now.

Gggirls Sounds like your instructor has been giving you a hard work out and I bet you will find muscles you never really knew existed. The muffins are really simple and easy to make. It takes just about 35 minutes to make and cook if that. They freeze beautifully as well. When I have defrosted them throughly I sometimes pop in the microwave for a about 10 to 15 seconds to slightly warm. I find them yummy that way remind me of just coming out of the oven.

I think we all have a melt down with food at one time or another. It for me is so easy to slip back into my old ways if I am not mindful of what I put in my mouth. Like you I just brush myself off and ensure that I just eat healthily from that point on. Shows how far you have come that you do not let a hiccup like this knock you off course. Well done you for changing your ways and not it steer you away from eating healthily.

Baz xo Glad to hear that you are feeling better regarding the TOM. I am hoping that my tearful mood decides to go away soon. Though it is difficult to tell at times which is TOM or MS related. MS can alter your emotional state.

I just saw you asked Zelma what an UTI was? I was a nurse for many moons so can shed light on it for you. UTI stands for Urinary Track Infection or known more by the general public as a water infection. They can be very painful, cause you to feel generally unwell and may also pass blood in your urine in some cases. If you are prone to these a natural prevention is cranberry juice providing you are not on the blood thinning drug of warfrin. You are unable to take cranberry juice as it alters the blood results for the clotting fact they are checking for.

I did like Alex whom won the X Factor but maybe that is because I am from an older generation. I can understand how JLS and Eoghan Quigg ( I think I have spelt that correct) would be very liked they are very good looking and can sing to boot. I feel they will both have a career in music which will be very fitting after all they were all good who were in the final.

I was recently in your neck of the woods I see by where you live. I went to do an delivery with my DH to the Vue cinema in Swansea. It was a pity I did not have more time to have a little wander round but it was straight back off home I am afraid. It was a long drive there and back.

Jacquie668 You are doing the right thing focusing on clearing up your skin issues rather than wanting to be a certain weight.

Look how far you have come you are 61lbs light than when you began you weight loss journey. If you continue to eat healthily and watch your portions I am sure you will be surprised how much you will lose in that period of time. I thought I was at a standstill regarding my weight but that is not true I started the biggest losser challenge on here and low and behold I lost 6lbs during that time. So it appears I am losing about 1/2lb a week which I didn’t really know
I am sure with good nourishment inside your body of healthy food it can only help your skin. My skin condition has improved since I have ate better. Oh it isn’t cured by any means but any improvement is a bonus.

Azcyn Happy birthday for yesterday. Though sorry to hear that you are poorly at the minute. See you went for a trip down memory lane with the visit to the house in Phoenix. Aww such a sweet thought from your eldest about Grandma can see this all the time now.

I really would love to see these ice sculptures you talk of we have nothing like that in the UK ours is a too temperate climate for such wonders. We have a house near us which is very highly decorated there is hardly an inch of it which is not covered in lights. Even the garage and front lawn, hedges and gates are lit up. There is another one not too far from that you does this to raise money for charity which is a nice thought.

Realist Good for you doing 60 minutes on your bike and managing 16 miles that is wonderful.
I am sure that the possible trip to do flying will be a great motivator. I know aircraft seats belts are our worst nightmare. I am sure that you will be pleasantly surprised if you are exercising regardly you will have gained muscle which as we know is heavier than fat. So the seat belt will probably be no issue.

You and I are different in where we carry our weight. My weight as been mainly in my thigh, butt and hip region not so much in the tummy. So trousers (pants) are pain I have them to fit over my hip then there is a 2” gap at my waist. Fortunately since I have lost weights it has made that better in the fact these not so much of a gap at the waist.

Dogpal Thanks for the compliment regarding my weight loss. I am waiting for me to lose another 1lb and then I will get DH to play photographer. Then that will be 10lbs lost since my last photograph. I have 2lbs more to lose to get to a milestone in my weight loss which will be 126lbs lost. Strange figure I know but it equates to 9 stones lost which is a weight system we use in the UK. I would love it to be my Christmas present to myself but I am losing weight slowly now so maybe that will not be the case. Maybe I best have a word with Santa tell him I’ve been a good girl and sees what I get I see you have 11lbs to reach your next goal in your weight loss jourey. I am so looking forward to celebrating this milestone with you. When I started my journey you where one of the people whom inspired me to think yes I can actually achieve this.

I found that once I reach a size 16 clothing (18 UK) I was not in them for very long. Not that I was losing weight any faster but the fact you had to lose less to get into the next size. I am now in size 12 (UK size 14) I can not believe how rapidly I have gone down in sizes since I hit that size 16. I was so glad I never bought too much only a few pieces which I could mix and match.

Dgramie Thanks for the update on your brother. My prayers and thoughts remain with you. It maybe a long road to recovery but it will all be worth it in the end to have the life that he deserves.

bye all and take care.

purpleorc
Old 12-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Debie, so sorry about your brother, I'd hoped once they found out what the problem was he would get better quickly. I REALLY hope he fights this and recovers.HUGSXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I've been lurking, not wanting to moan & bring the mood down, I think I'm out of the mood & back to being OP. HUGS to you all, stay warm & well.
xxxxxxsharon
Old 12-15-2008, 09:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

ggirls: TY...I guess that is my way of coming out of my shell and showing myself more and more. That picture was taken when I was sick and when I weighed about 330 pounds. So, I'm hoping to take some newer pictures later...

purpleorc: I think you're right about focusing on the health part instead of a specific weight. I have one big area of skin issues I'm trying to get clear and it is working, but I need to get back to stabilizing my diet. The more raw food I put in me, the better my skin is lol.

Skin issues, weight issues, does it ever end? lol
Old 12-15-2008, 12:19 PM   #6  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies

I hope everyone is having a good Monday. I didn't go to school today as I was feeling tired and queasy in the morning when I woke up. My boyfriend told me that I didn't miss a lot of work in school so that is ok.

Even though I'm not on my weight loss journey yet, I had a small NSV ~ it was very cold today and I needed to post a card for a friend so I wrapped up warm and walked to the nearest town to stop at the local post office, rather than drop the card off in a letterbox on the corner of my street. After getting some bits and bobs from the shop, the bag was heavy so I caught a bus BUT I got off a bus stop early than my usual one and walked uphill and all the way to my house.

Jacquie ~ It seems like everyone on the thread is on TOM! That's a shame that you gain that much lbs while you're on TOM. Before I used birth control, I only gained 2 or 3 lbs when on TOM. I have to say, you look very pretty in your avatar!

Cyn ~ Thanks for being understanding. I doubt if I'm a woman yet because I'm only 17!

Annie ~ I am feeling better now, thanks for the concern. How are you today? I hope all is good.

Debi ~ I'm so sorry that your brother is in critical condition. I hope he pulls through.

Purpleorc ~ MS sounds like a very difficult condition to cope with and it's a shame that you're affected with it.

Thanks for explaining what UTI was. I am actually prone to UTI, I just thought it meant something else for Zelma. I have had it all my life and had to take medicine everynight but I stopped a couple of years ago when I learnt to drink more water.

I actually wanted Alice to win but she got voted out the week before the final. Although, Alex is very good and I agree with you that all of the finalists will have a career in music.

Oooh, which part in the UK do you live? I went to the Vue cinema last weekend! Swansea is a nice town but it can get really busy around Christmas. What does DH mean? I assume it means your husband, but if it is, then what does the 'D' mean? I have noticed that other people on this board have used DD and SD? I'm new to this so bare with me please.

Hi Sharon ~ Nice to see you posting. Just letting you know that my mam (Ammi) is back on the forum after a lot of persuading from me!

I am off now but should be back on later if there's any more posts.
Take care all and keep warm.

Beth
xx
Old 12-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Cold, cold, cold!!! lol. It is freezing out and very windy.

Carol: Hi there sweetie.

Debi: Hugs to you and love and prayers coming your way.

Purple: I am so excited for you being in a size 12. My 16's are a tiny bit loose in the tummy so maybe soon I will be in a 14. I was walking in my underwear and my DH was teasing me about how baggy they are in the bottom. They are new and size 18's so I guess it's about time to get a smaller size undies. lol.

Sharon: Hi there hun. Don't worry about bringing the room down. If you want to moan.... let it fly. Hugs.

Jacquie: I love your avatar picture. You are such a cutie pie.

Beth: Glad that you are feeling a bit better. I'm really impressed and proud of you for the walking you did to mail your letter. Great NSV.

Well, I guess I am all caught up and need to go exercise. I am so chilly I just want to snuggle on the sofa.lol.

Blessings all,
annie
Old 12-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

We got a little positive new just now. They have been able to reduce the meds to keep his blood pressure high enough. If it stays up they maybe able to take it away. That is the 1st positive step.:O)
Old 12-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Debi: That is wonderful news. Thank God! Hugs sweetie.
blessings to you,
Annie
Old 12-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3

Hi ladies. I posted an introduction a while back, then didnt have internet for a bit, so thought i would just jump in and say hey. As you can see by my ticker ( which i got the priveledge of using while i was awol lol), i have loads of weight to lose, but im doing it in 15lb increments so it doesnt seem sooooo unreachable. Im looking forward to getting to know you all and i want to thank you already for the inspiration your posts have given to me already
Old 12-15-2008, 07:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

I was going to say Happy Monday all, but as I just looked at my clock and it has gone midnight, at least here, well it's Tuesday now.

Just wanted to pop on and say hi before going to bed and to say when I can drag myself off FaceBook, or Animal Crossing on the Wii, and when I'm not sleeping lol, I will post a longer post. In the mean time my precious Beth can keep me up to date on all of you and visa versa.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 12-15-2008, 11:04 PM   #12  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

DGRAMIE, just wanted to say I'm so sorry that your brother is having such a struggle. I worry for you both and surely keep you both in my prayers.

SHARON! If I can come dragging my sorry behind back here, You surely can. I know what it's like to not feel like it, but let's do it anyway!

I FINALLY had my first really good day, where I know I burned more than I swallowed. I even had a single cookie at work - and it was worth it - but then I went grocery shopping for the first time in 2 months, ate carefully, and even started a pot of chili.

Late for bed, but hugs to you all!
Old 12-16-2008, 04:04 AM   #13  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi fellow chicks.

I am up with the birdies this morning it is 7.45am and I am up at this time as it is the day for my oxygen therapy. Normally you would not see me for love nor money at this time of the morning

My messy little tyke namely called Rizzie ( my dog) I gave him a treat yesterday which he normally eat without a trace. Though yesterday when I went into the kitchen if I did not know better I would say he had been stamping up and down on it. It was smash to smithereens and all over the place. The trouble was every time you went to the kitchen it picked up on your socks and trailed through the house. So needless to say the Hoover soon came out for a second appearance that day. Having dogs at times can be as messy as children any day if not worse

NoLifeWithoutHorses Good for you in your calories eaten and expending lark. Two days in a row is a great especially at this time of the year when there is so many things to make us stray.

AmmiUK Hello nice to meet you. Time can whizz away from you especially this time of the year with Christmas shopping etc to do.

Americaninuk Hello and welcome back. Nice to meet you. Like yourself I also use small increments to achieve my bigger goal. I use 14 pounds strange amount I know but in the UK 14 equals a stone and that is part of the weights system we use here.

dogpal I bet a size 14 is only just around the corner. I kinda wait till the last minute to try the new size on when the previous size is virtually hanging off me. Not wanting to believe that I can possibly be a size smaller. Usually when I try the new size on there is plenty of wiggle room and could have got into this new size quite a while back. Talking of undies I really do need to get some of those before I end up with an embarrassing moment of them dropping around my ankles in public My undies are 20 - 22 size but run on the smaller side. I am sure that i could manage 14 - 16 now easily.

dgramie oh that is such wonderful news about your brother for me to wake up to that his meds for high blood pressure have been reduced. It must be a relief to your family to have a bit of positive news after days of worry and stress.

Baz xo MS is not an easy illness or disease. You ride a roller coaster. Though the worst time for me through all this was the time in limbo waiting for the diagnosis. Then the diagnosis itself was a relief I had a name to why I was feeling as I was. I wasn't going crazy. Then bang my world seemed to cave in something that had defined me for years a nurse was gone virtually over night. I loved nursing with all my heart and the variety it brought. Eventually I came to terms with it and have concentrated on my health. I have stopped smoking some 7 nearly 8 years ago. Then 21 months ago started to tackle my weight issue.

Yes drinking lots of fluid can help prevent infections as it does not allow the bacteria time to cling to the wall of the bladder and multiple. MSer can be prone to them as well. My friend whom has the condition is always fighting one.

Diana Vicker the contestant whom was voted out one week before the final had a very unique distinguishable voice. I must admit I did find that her voice did not lend itself to all genre though with the right song she was good.

Jacquie668 I know when my skin condition eczema was at its worse and I was covered virtually head to toe in it. I was so down in the dumps people thought I had the plague and you could see them pull away from me. I tried to concentrate on the food I put inside me. It helped my mental state until the condition was more under control. The weight loss became a by product of the healthy eating and exercise.

voodoo1 I hope that you feel better soon. It is horrid if you suffer from depression or "bad moods" nothing much you can seem to do. Hope your days on plan continue and you see results for your efforts

I hope this post all makes sense but I am not my best when it is this early. I hope I have not missed anyone out, if I have a big sorry. so catch up with you all soon.

purpleorc
Old 12-16-2008, 04:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3

Purpleorc= i have been here a few years and still dont think in 'stones', but i should. when i made my mini goal, i never even thought about it lol.. i will prob change it as it would sound good to say i lost a stone

I havnt felt really well the last few days, went to the dr yesterday and i have a really bad sinus infection.. started antibiotics, and hoping i feel like riding my stationary bike some today. yesterday i didnt do real well on my food I had a scone and two mini choc bars from a celebrations tin.. have no idea why i succumbed other that its TOM as well as being sick so.. back on track today!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:37 AM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

Purple- the meds were actually to keep his blood pressure high enough, it had been dropping way to low. They say this is a sign that the antibotics are working now. They told us one baby step on the road the right direction.We all know about baby steps!!! We we all want everything fast!!!

Carol_ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

everyone_ thanks for the prayers and good thoughts! I know that is why he is still with us!!!

I have been doing alot of thinking during the past week. THis just reinforces why I have to get the rest of the weight off. I dont ever want to be in the shape he is in. I have heard them say so many times over the past 3 days that his weight is such a problem for him. That his weight is making it so much harder for his body to heal. I hope and pray that everyone who is struggling right now will learn from what my brother is going thru and get exercise today and eat right today. Just take one step at a time !!!
I love you all and dont think I could have survived the past few days without the support I have gotten!
Closed Thread