Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #1  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Screwed up pretty badly

Well, I guess I've learned at least one thing from this whole weight loss experience, and that is how to really binge and binge hard. Which I have been doing for the past month. I also haven't been exercising outside fencing, which has been milder than it was this time last year anyway. Long story short, I've gained about 10 pounds. I never thought 10 pounds made a difference before, but now I've been proved wrong on that count. I feel huge. It doesn't seem like it should be a big deal, but my arms used to look muscley, and looking into the mirror the other day I decided to put my sweater back on even though I was hot because I just couldn't deal with people seeing them. It's frustrating, because I know I feel a lot better and I'm even better at concentrating when I eat less and exercise.

So, I guess I'm trying again... of course, I've said that about 30 times in the past month. Still, the alternative is just a little too scary. Maybe I'll even pull it off this time.
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Everyone messes up.

Don't think of it as trying again. You're not "trying" to live your life. You're just moving forward and resuming.

It's ok. We all have done it.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:14 PM   #3  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Yup, back on the wagon.
Posting here provides some accountability, which is really helpful. I mean, if you don't follow thru and you've only thought it to yourself, who knows? who cares-- well you, and then you feel bad. (BTDT, waaaay more than once)
But, if you post here and responders look to some feedback on your progress... well then you've got to give it to them!!

Come back with an OP day tomorrow. That's my plan.

And no more binging for tonight

Last edited by kittycat40; 12-19-2008 at 09:14 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:21 PM   #4  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

It's pretty amazing how cathartic just ranting was. I honestly feel a lot better, like I have a chance now that I've grounded myself a bit. Mostly, the excessive eating to try to fix the fact that I feel fat has got to stop. It is really not effective. At all.
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:22 PM   #5  
BELIEVE!

You can do it!!!!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 172/150/145

Height: 5'7"

i think we can all relate to what you're going through. and i am motivated by the fact that you are using this space to vent and work through it. you are so far from where you started, it's awesome!
pucedaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

The key is that you are back here and on track after only 10 lbs. That is awesome!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 365/270/160

Height: 5"11'

Hun...

I was off the wagon for 15 YEARS!
You can do it!
TheTinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:08 AM   #9  
Transforming

S/C/G: 228/184/164

Height: 5' 7"

In life we fall and then we get up, then we fall again and get up...and for any no. of times we fall we don't give up walking...the journey to weightloss is similar...irrespective of any no. of times we fail in anything..we don't really fail till we believe that is what we are supposed to. I have lost weight atleast 4 times and gained in past and doing it again..the story now though is different. This time I'm reading, exploring and learning from the people who have maintained..and I'm back on the track again.

I always remember this line and love it " Winners never Quit & Quitters never Win" so get back to the track and remember hundreds of people here have lost over hundreds of lbs..I myself have to lose over 30 lbs to be in my dream shape..all you have to lose is 10 lbs..that's not too hard
rinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

I went off the wagon for MONTHS since January and gained back 40-50lbs. You only gained 10 lbs? Compared to me, you take the gold!!

You can do it! You already took the first step by coming back here! GREAT JOB!!!
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote