Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default I need some more advice, please.

yesterday, I posted the following thread about the fact that I haven't lost any weight in the last two weeks:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158800

With no apparent reason for the lack of weight loss while on plan, a lot of you advised me that this is a natural blip that happens to everyone on their weight loss journey.

But I have something to add, which could potentially be influencing my situation. I'm on the pill, and I'm 99% sure that I'm not pregnant, but this week my TOM is late. What is normal for me is to get it started the Monday of every fourth week, but it's almost Thursday and still no sign of Aunt Flow.

Now, the reason I can say that I'm 99% sure that I'm not pregnant is because (among other reasons, like the fact I take my pill on time) this happens to me several times a year, every few months. I don't think my cycle is naturally 28 days, so every 3 or 4 months I tend to have a lagging TOM. The thing that sucks about this is the fact that if it shows up on a friday/saturday, I still have to take the pill to stop it on monday, because that's the pill cycle I'm on.

I know, I know- I'm going to talk to my doc about this ASAP.

Anyway, could this situation have something to do with the lack of weight loss?
Please share your advice and experience with me.

Last edited by kelly315; 12-17-2008 at 09:44 PM.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Oh sure. Last month my TOM was 6 days late and I was definitely bloated and retaining water. It can happen.

Seriously seriously ... don't stress about this. It'll be ok.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:25 PM   #3  
FB

Bloating will do that. It's happening to me right now. TOM and too much seaweed, miso and soy sauce. Terrible!

Yeah, I'm with PC - you'll be okay! I've lost a ton (well, not really - I'm dramatic) of weight going through 2-4 weeks stalls (not being dramatic there). It's sucky when it happens, and it happens to me often - but losing weight for the long haul isn't necessarily very exciting.

2 weeks isn't a lack of weight loss, really. Once you get through this seemingly endless stall it will seem like nothing.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:58 PM   #4  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Have you taken antibiotics recently? - Within the last month or so?
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:07 PM   #5  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

the times that i am late are the times i bloat the most and never lose weight.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 179/150/140

Height: 5'7

I take the pill the same time every day, but my period doesn't have a specific day that it shows up. It can be any time during the placebo week. The later in the week it shows up though, the more i bloat and gain/stay the same weight. Once it's over I tend to loose several pounds magically over night, I wouldn't worry about it too much, happens to my friends too. Rumor is drinking lots of water starting the week before you get it helps, but I haven't tried this out myself.
Hypra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:24 PM   #7  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

About 2 months ago I not only didn't lose, but I actually 'gained' 6 lbs!! I was so upset because I knew I had been following my plan and just couldn't imagine what was happening. I had a hysterectomy in Feb but still have my ovaries, so i still cycle but it is difficult to keep track of it. After about 10 days I had dropped all the water weight plus 2 additional pounds. I never realized how much water we can retain during our TOM. I guess I never noticed before when my biggest goal was to NOT know my actual weight! Try to increase your water intake...it helps get the water out of your tissues.
TSap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin4Good View Post
Have you taken antibiotics recently? - Within the last month or so?
Yes, actually- I had completely forgotten! I know it can decrease the effectiveness of the pill. Luckily for me, I had the first signs of TOM a couple of hours ago. Thank God.

Is anyone else on a 30 day cycle instead of a 28 and on the pill? Do you have to make adjustments for this?
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote