Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #1  
I feel GREAT!

S/C/G: 228/145/135

Height: 5'5

Default Massive Issues! I Never Imagined.....

Ok girls here it goes.
I started my "life change" April 2008. Weighing in a whole 228lbs!
I figured it was time to get off my butt and start making some major changes.
Through out this time I have pushed myself to work out eat good foods cut back alcohol. I started working out at a local karate place that offered women's fitness classes 4 days a week. Been doing it ever since. Anyways
through out my months being there my body has changed drastically. And its all because I dedicated myself and worked hard. Straight up. And now i have these NASTY women giving me dirty looks, and talking about me behind my back, and just totally ruining my moment. MY MOMENT i have worked so hard for. I currently weigh 145 and I feel great. These women are so cruel and jelous it makes me sick! I WAS FAT! i WAS MISERABLE, DEPRESSED, and I did something about it. It makes me sad that these women cant be happy for me. I dont flaunt myself around and act like my poop dont stink. Thats not me. UGH I just had to get this off my chest. I really dont understand why people are so mean.
thatgirl1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:33 AM   #2  
I feel GREAT!

Yeah they all knew me when I was heavy! Thats the thing!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:35 AM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

What women are we talking about? Family members? So-called friends? Coworkers?

They are acting like that because they are insecure. Jealous. If they struggle with their own weight the could be mad at themselves because they haven't "figured it out" yet. I had an old coworker who lost about 50 pounds and looked fabulous. Her own boss started rumors that she was purging after she ate and taking pills. This girl worked SO HARD to lose that weight and the coworker couldn't handle that someone worked hard to look that good (the woman was very thin herself, and very catty, obviously).

You have accomplished a LOT. And for better or for worse, your accomplishment is out there for everyone to see. People will think what they will think, but it doesn't take away any of the work you have done! I had similar things happen to me. For whatever reason, someone losing a lot of weight really freaks people out. They will have to get over it or move on at some point.

You look great, btw!

Last edited by junebug41; 12-17-2008 at 10:37 AM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:36 AM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Forget them - You look great!
Let the haters hate.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

They can only ruin your moment if you let them. They're jealous and insecure and not worth anguishing over.

Congrats on your loss!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:43 AM   #6  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

I know the type.... they are also the ones that have NEVER had a weight problem but constantly talk about being fat. Fact of the matter is they are just unhappy people.

Congrats to you. Enjoy your moment and hey don't hesitate to flaunt it from time to time. You worked hard to get that smokin hawt body.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #7  
I feel GREAT!

Thanks guys! I feel a lot better. These people made me feel so guilty for actually being thin and its not right because I have busted my A$$ for this.
(These ppl I speak of are women in my fitness class)
Old 12-17-2008, 10:52 AM   #8  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I heard recently "if someone isn't hating on you, then you're not doing your job".

Obviously you've done well or these women wouldn't be so insecure. Keep up the good work because you look great!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Just smile and say, "Hmm... jealous?"
I have encountered very similar things. There are a few massively jealous women out there and when I lost my weight (while they remained overweight or less-than-toned in some other way), they started making comments to downplay my huge accomplishments. Some statements were: "Yes, you lost weight, but you still have no waist," "I can still tell you were overweight once. That shirt doesn't hide everything and it's obvious," "Your face isn't as pretty as your newfound nice body," "Yes, you have a nice body, but your skin doesn't have a youthful glow!" and the list goes on.

At first, I took these comments to heart and became very frazzled.

Now, I realize they probably do not even MEAN those comments and are just making them out of jealousy. They WISH they could achieve what you HAVE DONE. They WISH that had your dedication, determination, and passion. That's all it is, really. Shrug it off and be happy that you have lost so much weight. And they haven't. BWAHAHAHA!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #10  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

It's sad, but don't let them ruin it for you.
80 pounds in 8 months? You have done an AMAZING job and you look AWESOME!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:05 AM   #11  
I feel GREAT!

Thanks sooo much guys for your help! Im so glad that I have a place to go and vent and always feel better when Im done!
Old 12-17-2008, 11:10 AM   #12  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

it's ENVY rearing its ugly green head!

don't let 'em get you down.. enjoy the products of your hard work
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #13  
Bride-to-be!

S/C/G: 192/187/150

Height: 5'7"

I usually don't talk about this because it's still hard for me, but at one point I was about 20 lbs. heavier than I am now. (I know I should be proud of myself for losing but it was a painful, depressing time for me that kick-started my weight loss.)

I was going to be a bridesmaid and was at my heaviest when I got fitted for my dress. The dress was ordered and I went on to lose 30 lbs. (weighed 10 lbs. less than I do now) by the time I had my final fitting. The dress was literally falling off of me and at least 4 sizes too big.

The girl who was measuring me to have it taken in (who also owned the boutique) kept making these rude comments about, "Wow... yeah it figures you'd lose it all in your bust, right?" I was so hurt. I was so much thinner ALL OVER but she was obviously insecure in her own skin and trying to downplay my achievements.

I feel for you, but these chickies are right... you have a reason to celebrate! Don't listen to these women!
Petunia418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:41 AM   #14  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
There are a few massively jealous women out there and when I lost my weight (while they remained overweight or less-than-toned in some other way), they started making comments to downplay my huge accomplishments. Some statements were: "Yes, you lost weight, but you still have no waist," "I can still tell you were overweight once. That shirt doesn't hide everything and it's obvious," "Your face isn't as pretty as your newfound nice body," "Yes, you have a nice body, but your skin doesn't have a youthful glow!" and the list goes on.

BWAHAHAHA!
that is some harsh $hit!!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:46 AM   #15  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane
Some statements were: "Yes, you lost weight, but you still have no waist," "I can still tell you were overweight once. That shirt doesn't hide everything and it's obvious," "Your face isn't as pretty as your newfound nice body," "Yes, you have a nice body, but your skin doesn't have a youthful glow!" and the list goes on.
Wow. I have to say, the woman who made just ONE of those comments to me would be picking herself up off the floor next and looking for a hanky to stop the nosebleed.

But then, I think most people can sense that about me...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote