Old 11-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Calling All NSVs!!!!!

I thougth it might be fun to post some NSVs we find along the way...
Today I found climbing in a chair to clean the top of the cabinets and stuff much easier than a few months ago. Guess I am lifting less weight into the chair.
Please post your NSVs...it sometimes is all the encouragement we need when the scales arent moving.

Last edited by dgramie; 11-11-2008 at 11:11 AM.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Great idea, and a great NSV! I don't have one to report, but will be on the lookout!

BTW, I edited your title to Call out the NSVs!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I buttoned a pair of 18s today. Can't wear them yet, still too tight, but I remember looking at them when I was forty pounds heavier thinking that they looked tiny.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:09 AM   #4  

great NSV..fitting into smaller jeans is awesome and in a few more weeks you will be wearing them!!
Old 11-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Here's my contribution:

* I did 50 minutes on my bike the other day - AND IT FELT EASY!!!! I could barely do 10 minutes at the beginning of Sept!

* Going up the stairs to my second floor apartment doesn't get me winded anymore.

* I was able to fit in an old pair of jeans - barely, but I could pull up and button. Still not wearable but the last time I tried these on the 4th of July I couldn't button them cuz the waistband cut badly.

Last edited by NuevaVida; 11-13-2008 at 12:33 PM.
NuevaVida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 365/345/half-marathon

Height: 5'5"

I started taking ballroom dancing lessons 3 months ago - my dance studio has parties on Tuesday nights at a local nightclub. 3 months ago I literally threw up on the way home from 1.5 hours of dancing because I was so physically overwhelmed by it. This week, I sat down to catch my breath before heading back out on the floor with my next partner, until I realized that everyone was putting their coats on! The 1.5 hours had passed before I even realized it and I was still able to get out there and dance! I was so proud of myself (and sad it was time to go home!)
Inconceivable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

I updated my weight loss tracker and noticed it said only 46 more to go instead of 300 and something more to go! I vividly recall when I had to loose over 300 pounds and now... only 46 more to go!
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:35 AM   #8  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

(This is as close as I could come to a standing ovation!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpal View Post
I updated my weight loss tracker and noticed it said only 46 more to go instead of 300 and something more to go! I vividly recall when I had to loose over 300 pounds and now... only 46 more to go!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 11-14-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Yesterday I noticed that I can see my belly button!!!!

My tummy gets divided in half. Above the belly button and below the belly button. I have that apron thingie happening in both places so I haven't been able to see my belly button when I stand in front of the mirror. Weight loss has made the upper part of my belly smaller and it's no longer covering my belly button.

YAY. I think my belly button is cute. I'm glad I get to see it now.

Last edited by NuevaVida; 11-14-2008 at 12:14 PM.
NuevaVida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #10  
BELIEVE!

Today my wrists seem extra nice to me...I can really feel the wrist bone and they look nice and thin to me. Maybe crazy, but it really stuck with me today.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:55 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

I swam a half mile today. When I was a teenager I swam competitively, and trained for a 7 mile race.
i haven't swum like that since before my daughter was born, and she's in college now.
KristasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:21 PM   #12  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Some of the things I've noticed recently.... hmmmm...

They have some of tables that you can't move the seat back (fast food type) at the coffee shop at the college. When I first saw them I thought... no way, but you know, I fit fairly easily into them.

I don't have to move the seat back in order to get into the car anymore after my mother has been driving. (Since I'm taller I do put it back a notch, but it used to be that I had to do a couple of notches before even getting in.)

Everything I have is too big.... sewing time during Christmas break!
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:39 AM   #13  

I went to an antique mall the other day. I was able to squeeze between tight spots even with a jacket on. I use to would have just skipped looking in those spots.
None of the dress shoes i wore last winter fit now.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:30 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

My new swimsuit from Junonia came by UPS today and I threw away the old one.
The one I threw away was a 2X, the new one is 1X.

Yeeeehaaaaawwwww!
KristasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:40 AM   #15  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Great idea dgramie thinking of NSV as we all know that the weighing scales don't always budge in the right direction so this is another great measure of how far we have come. These little things help keep us motivated. I have been thinking what are my most recent NSV to report.

* The first one happened to today in a coffee shop of a supermarket I was in I can actually cross my legs now and not touch the top of the table whilst my legs are underneath it.

* The second happened very recently when looking down at myself sitting in my computer chair realising that I had space either side of me. Instead of prior to my weight loss I was just touching the arms of the chair and no seat of the chair visible

I have loved reading about everyones NSV as no ones experiences are the same or it makes you stop and think about your own progress in that area. Thanks for sharing everyone.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote