View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 08:57 AM   #32
UrthWurm
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Name: Kim
Weight & Height: 5'3" & 205 shameful lbs.
Work: Blockbuster Employee. xD Though I prefer the title of Entrepreneur over that, as I do have an online shop where I sell various merchandise. I also do custom graphics/graphic design. Needless to say, those two "side-jobs" earn me way more money than my official one.
Music: Way too many 'favorites' to legally list here. Attempting a brief overview would just give your thread stretchmarks. Let's just sum it up to me being indecisive & having rather varied tastes.. I like everything from Nirvana to Ani DeFranco.. Seether, Creed, NIN, Brand New, Insane Clown Posse, Kadavers on Kitestrings , Twiztid, Relient K, King Gordy, Hot Hot Heat, Sex Pistols, ACDC, Melissa Etheridge, Pink (HUGE fan)-- Okay, I need to stop. God knows that could only continue on for far far too long, but please enjoy the brief taste of my music prefs. Likes I said, my palate craves many different flavors.
Books: Oh dear.. Books. Shall we talk about them? Okay. I was an avid reader-- the was being strongly emphasized. I haven't read a book of my own free will (college classes, especially fiction related ones, require some 'light' reading) in a good few months; it might be bordering on half a year or more now. I'd say I stopped reading so much about the same time my GF (Sam) & I's relationship went from friend to -- yeah. I think I mostly read out of loneliness. I could find solace in books that the real world just didn't offer.. I wasn't some loner when I was reading a story, I could pretend I was one of the leading characters off on a dangerous adventure, or wrapped up in a complicated, angst-filled romance. I guess.. since I've been developing a life of my own I haven't so heavily relied on the lives of others-- especially fictional ones. I still do love books though, & I aim to become an accomplished author. Who knows, maybe one day a similarly sad & lost little girl will pick up one of my books; if that days comes I only hope I can offer her (or him) the same comfort that I found in the words of so many others.
TV: Ooh. TV rots your brain.. >_> *Watches some* I love TV way more than is necessary. It's just a device, like games, to entertain us & simultaneously distract us from what's happening (TV & games are actually considered a form of mind control, lol). I love TV, I just hate being told what I should or should not believe from the TV; I've watched more than a few shows that paint certain groups of people in perhaps fairer colors than honestly true (isn't that called *gasp* propaganda?). I also don't appreciate that those who hold the information can control how much of it you know. For that & several other reasons I stay away from News channels. First of all, I just don't like anchor-people; I saw this woman once telling the story of how half a dozen people or so had been killed, & she did it with a smile on her face.. Yeah, nothing's wrong there. *Sigh* Ghost Hunters is one of my all-time favorite shows! I do admit to loving TV series though, also. Supernatural is a fav, followed by TrueBlood, Firefly, Psych, CSI, Dresden Files (books are better)-- Okay, I'm stopping myself again!
Interests/Hobbies: Drawing, Writing, Painting, Graphic Design, Photography, Baking, Philosophy, Cultural views, Religious beliefs, Learning, Wondering, etc..
Goals: Losing weight, becoming a healthier me, & learning to control my anger (I need to start properly articulating what I'm feeling, without the use of yelling again).
Religion: I don't persecute people because of their beliefs, & think that whatever you believe, just believe in something (even if it's the absence of a God). I personally lean toward Druidic beliefs, but don't consider that a "religion". I have a set of principles that I follow, but I don't expect others to do the same under penalty of persecution. Also, I don't wage wars for my Gods. Gaia is my Earth mama; Love for the world, in my honest opinion, is the 2nd greatest love (besides a love of yourself).
Politics
: Liberal. I don't like politics, but it's good to be informed.
Relationship Status: I have a GF (Lycan). We've been together 7 wonderful months, & still going strong. She makes me the happiest I've ever been, & I honestly couldn't imagine a life without her.

So, I guess that's it from me.
I'm excited to start cruising your "support group", as you all seem like an interesting lot. Hope to see you 'round the forums!

Kimmy
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote