Old 12-15-2008, 07:50 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default We Are Family - Blue Team Chat #6

Hi Bluesers! Happy Monday.

Does everyone plan on still coming here to chat in between challenges? I hope so. I've been enjoying lurking and having a peek into your lives and your weight loss journeys.

Technically, I'm on vacation this week. However, some system issues came up late last week that corrupted some of my work. Also, I've been scheduled for a new audit that begins next Monday morning, so I have preparation for that. With what's left of my days, I plan on starting my exercise plan again and preparing some healthy meals.

Today, my oldest has an orthodontist appointment - we're hoping that she gets to have the braces removed today - and my youngest has a Brownie's caroling event at the retirement home. Busy, busy.

Have a great on-plan day.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:06 AM   #2  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Rhonda-Busy is good for weight loss! I'll be here chattinaway the pounds as long as someone chats back!

Am I the only one that is uneasy about not having any accountability this week! I know that I have been stocking up on wine for the holidays and have several wonderful bottles that I was dying to get into this past weekend...But I resisted because I was determined to end the challenge with some kind of a loss...or at least no gain! As soon as I weighed in this morning...the first thought I had was that I can have a glass of wine or 4tonight.Yikes

I'm ready to Party like its 2009!
Old 12-15-2008, 09:34 AM   #3  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Morning Blue chicks!

Rhonda - I don't plan on going anywhere between the challenges. I don't know if the PTB (Chelle/Melissa) plan on combining the team threads during the break or not, but I will be posting. I learned my lesson between the challenges last time, I gained 6 pounds. I'm hoping to at least maintain, if not lose between now and the 5th. Mostly becuase I'm switching to a new scale and it's about a half pound higher.

djay - you should enjoy your wine, just remember moderation.

me - I did three last chance workouts this weekend. I really pushed myself on the treadmill, and now my personal best for a 5K is 37:59. I almost started crying, I was so happy to be under 38 minutes. I eeked out another pound, so I ended up at 166, which is 16.5 pounds lost this challenge. I'm thrilled.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Good Morning Everyone!

So today is our final weigh in. Good luck everyone! I only lost 6.5 pounds I think. At least is was better then a gain. Can't wait to see everyone in the next round of TBL.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:17 AM   #5  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Hey guys!
I was originally gonna complain about how my weight is weirdly going up by a couple tenths of a pound each day this week,even though i've been POP and working out. Then i did a tally of how much weight i lost this challenge and it's 30 pounds on the dot! I guess i can't complain lol

I will def be sticking around.. maybe we can arrange some sort of little game to keep accountability going while waiting for the challenge
Old 12-15-2008, 11:31 AM   #6  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Good morning everyone. I just realized that today was my last WI for this challenge. I apologize for not chatting much during the challenge, but it has been a very busy fall for me. Thanks for letting me be on the "team".

I didn't quite make my goal, but I can't complain about the 32.5 pounds that I lost during the challenge.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #7  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

I haven't weighed in yet today. I don't think I will even have a loss this week though.

I have been feeling so lazy. I've had a cold for a couple of weeks now and I am having a hard time making myself go run. I really need to get on that though because I am running a 10K on January 3! I want to start running with my local meetup group but they keep doing things I can't possibly keep up with.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Everyone

Last note at the end of the challenge. My final results are kinda sad.

After 13 weeks, I've only lost 1.4 lbs from my challenge starting weight. We'll see about how that works out for me in the future...

Oh well, at the very least the group kept me accountable through a very trying time. And while I didn't do nearly as well as I'd hoped, I'm just happy that I haven't gained.

Good Luck Everyone!

Old 12-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #9  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Afternoon everyone.

I'll definitely be setting up a between challenges thread after tomorrow.

As for me I'm on day 7 of my no fast food/on plan kick and I'm so glad I was able to make it through the weekend. I can't tell how much I may have lost (I don't get my new scale til Christmas morning) but my pants are feeling more loose.

Last edited by chellez; 12-15-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:38 PM   #10  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
After 13 weeks, I've only lost 1.4 lbs from my challenge starting weight. We'll see about how that works out for me in the future...

But you gained a husband. That's got to count for something.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:52 PM   #11  

Hi BLUE

yes, it's our last weigh-in/day of the challenge. boohoo!! i'm down to where i was prior to T-day so a total of 7 lbs lost for moi! i'm just happy that i'm going down AND that the holidays haven't rolled over me.

and a big ol' congrats to you fauxtini!!! you did great! i did see another 32 lb loss - that's crazy good!! i bow down!!!

while the challenge is over, my weight loss journey continues! and i have to remember that. i took a break over T-Day...don't need another break for an end of challenge, ya know?

sorry for not posting personals here, i read them over but now my mind is all confused who said what and i'm on the library computer checkin' in.

i did have 2 amstel lights last night after my intense weekend yoga training while watching the steelers eek past baltimore - so i can relate to wanting some wine!

my yoga teacher training was amazing!! i'm so ready to start teaching...and that confidence is what i wanted most from the training...SCORE!

my computer/internet is down at home. ugh! soon i must dash and get to the dentist. ugh, ugh!

workouts have been good - intense yoga saturday and sunday with zumba this morning.

calories have been good - coz ya can't eat while in training from 8-6pm with mini breaks where people munch on grapes (HA!), although we did get an hour for lunch but when you know you have to back and do yoga, well, i skipped the burgers!

anyway, i'll check in when i can - either from home or the library!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #12  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
But you gained a husband. That's got to count for something.

I guess if we look at it that way, I gained 240 lbs!
Old 12-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #13  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post

I guess if we look at it that way, I gained 240 lbs!
that is what I was thinking too!!

I went to my running meetup tonight. I haven't weighed in yet, but as soon as DS gives up the Wii I am all over it! I feel thinner already.

Last edited by Thin4Good; 12-15-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:44 AM   #14  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Well Beloved Bluesers

We've come to the end of another journey - with another one waiting in the wings of a new year . . . looking forward to being back in the groove. I've let my guard down with the understanding it's back to business in 2009. Maybe not the wisest move - but it's my move for now.

Finished the baby quilt, it's down below along with my progress pics. Though I only lost about 8 lbs this challenge, I firmed up quite a bit so I'm encouraged that this next challenge will show even more of the "real" Dora.

DH birthday on Friday and I'm working on a couple of pair of fleece shorts for him - that's what he likes to kick around in - in the house. I need to get busy on those and the chocolate cake he requested.

I also just got the pattern for making slippers - one of the new products I hope to make for next year's craft fairs, along with some other jewelry projects I just found.

Off to see the naturopath tomorrow in Eugene, such a busy time - I know for all of you too. Well, it's been fun, but I gotta run . . .

See you in the next chat . . .

Dora
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quilt after snow 002.JPG (45.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg quilt after snow 003.JPG (41.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg after 12-08 front.jpg (35.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg after 12 - 08 side.jpg (26.2 KB, 21 views)
Old 12-16-2008, 07:23 AM   #15  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Wow Dora! You have made great progress. The side view is really dramatic. You are loosing right where you needed to. For most people taking a break for a few weeks is a problem...but I have total faith that you will be fine. You are Super Dora!

Dixied-I think I will have some wine this weekend. I have a few friends comming over and it's time for me to let my guard down...just a tad.

I tried so hard to get to the 30lb lost mark for the challenge...but just couldn't get the weight off so ended at 28.8 lost.
Wouldn't you know...this morning the scale finally moved and I hit the 30 lb mark....ERGH...Oh well it still feels good even if it doesn't help the team's numbers.

This challenge has been so great. I have learned so much and been so inspired by so many of you. I started out as a true couch potato. You all have kept me excersising long enough that I actually look forward to it every day. To be honest...I'm not sure that didn't save my life. I have'nt been this healthy in 25 years.

Thank you Bluesers!

DJ