Old 12-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #1  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Default 30-Somethings Weekend Chat, 12/13 - 12/14

Hey everyone!

So, I slept in today and then got up to make myself some egg stirs and toast sandwich. Had that and a glass of skim milk. Then, I took a shower because my mom and I were going to do something together this afternoon. After the shower, it happened. I started to be sick. Ended up in the bathroom a few times this morning but not throwing up (sorry, don't want to gross anyone out). Anyway, I'm gradually starting to feel a little better as I type this. The point is, I think this is my body's way of getting back at me for eating more than my usual calories yesterday. I figure I ate about 1600 to 1700 calories compared to my normal 1200 to 1300. Anyway, now I want to work harder to not overeat like that again.

Hope the rest of you are having a good Saturday. I might get out with my mom yet. Hoping that I'm going to be feeling totally better shortly here.

And, this place is so quiet! Are you all out shopping?
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:32 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Geez, I can't believe the weekend thread didn't get started until 3 this afternoon! I should be ashamed of myself for not starting it earlier! Thanks Shannon!

Shannon, hope you're feeling better!

I had a flood in my basement yesterday! Apparently my sump pump died, and we've had some heavy rain the past few days. Long story short, I called the police, who called the fire company, who came and pumped out the basement. They got to the pump and saw that it was busted, found some stones inside that burned out the motor. So they offered to install a new one for me if I went and bought it right then. So I did, and they did, and now I've got a ton of laundry to do and toys to bleach. So if nothing else, it gave us the kick in the arse to clean up down there!

Hope everyone else is having a better weekend than me! Actually, we have DH's holiday party tonight, so that's nice.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

RC - Hope you feel better soon!!!

Lauren - I can sympathize with that... my basement floods all the time. We don't have a sump pump... DH is the sump pump.... ROFLMAO!!!!

I worked all day and I am pooped!!!! I just got home so this will be short.

Hi to everyone who checks in after me. Taking the kids xmas shopping and making cookies tomorrow. Tawk at ya's later!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all..work was busy today.

rc-do you think it was more of what you ate..didn't you say you had chipolte's yesterday. May have been a bit too much since you've been eating well

lauren sorry about the flood

hey poppy
nothing exciting here..just saying hi
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:53 PM   #5  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Yeah, maybe it was the Chipotle, I don't know. But, I'm going to be more careful since obviously my body is liking healthy food now!

Sorry about the flood Lauren, I hope things work out okay. Doesn't sound like fun at all.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:54 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Man, I was soo friggin' productive yesterday! I need to be more like that on a regular basis. Got the boys' room totally cleaned, I was soo proud, it looks great, just have to mop the floor...but i can SEE it! The laundry is more than 1/2 done, just having a problem finding a home for it all...which means I need to work on our bedroom and empty some bins that have "bin" stuff in it.

Valerie, do you get a lot of water in your basement? I don't know how much it costs to install french drains and a sump pump, but I remember last year when we got all that rain, we could hear the pump going all the time! Might be worth it! I told the guy that I wasn't sure if the pipe was clogged or anything, but there's a pipe that is under our driveway and drains at the end (not supposed to be that way), but that it doesn't work right, and the water goes across the the top of the driveway and turns to ice, so we have to park 1/2 way down the driveway to avoid breaking our necks! The driveway is not long, so it's not a big deal, but I sure would like to get it resolved. He told me to spend 2K and have someone come and redirect to to the edge of the yard instead. I don't have 2K for that, but I may look into what's involved in at least getting it fixed up to go out the existing drain like it's supposed to.

OK, I'm rambling! Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

We spent the weekend at a dance recital for my 5 year old. Yesterday was a long day with the dress rehearsal and then the performance. So, today she was TIRED and grumpy, but she had fun and they were all sooooo cute! I sure am glad that it is only once a year. I don't know how parents deal with too many activities for their kids. I am exhausted.

I haven't been working on my diet (or health) lately. I don't know how to get back on the wagon. I think it's the time of year where I am so busy and I just don't have the gusto to do it. I need a big kick in the bum or something. I really don't want to gain any weight back.

Lauren - I am sorry to hear about the pump.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote