Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Default Suddenly my face is very oily....

I have been exercising and dieting for over a year and my meals really haven't changed much but lately in the last couple months my face has gotten extremely oily!
I have NEVER had oily skin in my life...my face used to be very dry and I would only ever wash it with a basic cleanser after exercise and in the morning just water and lotion... Now I seem to have to wash my face all the time which isnt helping.. and I am getting zits! I NEVER get zits (I have only had a handful of zits in my life) Now I have like 5 or 6 on my face...

I soo need some help on this. What is good to use?It seems my old cleanser is not cutting it.

Thanks.

Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:18 PM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I've been using proactiv lately and it has really been helping. I also started taking a zinc supplement. My face really started breaking out after I got pg, but the two combined have gotten it under control.

Also, washing your face a lot may seem like the right thing to do but can actually make your face oilier. Try a toner and oil absorbing lotion after washing and blot the oil from your face during the day instead of re-washing. You really shouldn't be washing more than twice a day.

Last edited by zeffryn; 11-17-2008 at 08:19 PM.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:55 PM   #3  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I've always had an oily face. Yes, washing too often will make it worse. I tried proactive for awhile but it was too strong for my skin. I reverted to using Cetaphil cleanser (which is VERY gentle) a good toner, moisturizer, and most importantly my Avon Magix Face Perfector. It's about $10 a tube and really keeps my face matte ALL day. I also use those oil absorbing sheets to freshen up during the day if I'm feeling extra oily.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #4  
model wannabe

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Height: 171 cms

use a spot treatment on the zits and spots like clean and clear.
and use a good soap or cleanser and a light lotion neutrogena has good oil skin care lines.
and maybe its the stress or a sudden change in the weather.
also once or twice a week scrub your face at night with stives or any scrub.and oil it with tea trea oil and go to bed with it on your face.
Good luck
looloo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I've noticed my face has been more oily lately...although why, I have no idea. I'm eating a lot less grease than I once was
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #6  
model wannabe

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Height: 171 cms

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly315 View Post
I've noticed my face has been more oily lately...although why, I have no idea. I'm eating a lot less grease than I once was
Sometimes stress or whether change does that.Also prior to a period your skin is more oily and acne prone.
looloo86 is offline   Reply With Quote