Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 09:01 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Talking 300+ And Ready To Try Again........#205

WELCOME!

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Tina
Old 08-25-2002, 09:35 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Red face Checking in before bedtime........

Oh my goodness, it is time for bed and I am exhausted. The funny part is........I haven't done a single thing today, but I am still pooped. I guess I'm still trying to play catch up from the race. That can really take it out of you, especially with the heat. I know if I had one of those little things on my ankle that tells you how many miles your walking, mine would have said at least 5 or 6 miles. No kidding!

I haven't given individual replys in a couple of days, and my brain is not functioning well enough now to go back and read the last thread so I can, but I will say to Mary, yes, I do think that Jr. is cute.

Lucky: Seems to me I saw you were on a man hunt of some type. My thoughts are with you and we'll see what we can do about finding you one!

Thin: Got another present for you and Mary down below.............well, and me too. I like killing two birds with one stone. Nice looking couple of birds, huh?

2cute: Have a nice time on your vacation and don't worry, we will be here for you when you get back.

To those of you I'm forgetting................Malia, Kat, SaraJoy, J-Ann, bobsgal, Baylee, Michelle, Theresa, Susie, JanetG........I'm not really forgetting you. See, I remembered. I'm just lumping you all together because I am lazy. No, I take that back. You all are too important to lump together, so I will post to each of you quickly.

Malia: I bet Hawaii is beautiful right now. How are you doing? What did you end up getting your Mom for her birthday?

Kat This is simple. Come back home. I miss you.

SaraJoy: Hope you have fun seeing "Grease". I love it!

J-Ann: You stay strong girl. I work around the same type of people that are always on their "diet of the week". You do what works for you!

bobsgal: You are my new best friend. Do you like Tony too, or do you watch racing at all? I can't wait to post some pics of my Tony room. It is in "Tony Stewart orange'.

Baylee: Good to see you sweetie. Sorry about your tooth and I hope you get to feeling better soon. Thanks for the heads up on WW.

Michelle: I haven't seen you in a long time. Where are you? It doesn't matter what your doing, just come back. I miss you and all your wonderful ideas!

Theresa: Same goes for you! Where are you? We miss you too. Come on back. We are always here for you.

Susie: Congrats on the 3# loss. Way to go girl! Good to see you around here more often.

JanetG: Welcome. You don't know it yet, but you have joined some of the sweetest and best people you'll ever hope to meet on the internet. Everyone here is wonderful and accepts you just the way you are.........flaws and all. Post and post often.

Ok, if I've forgot someone, I am truly sorry, but my brain is almost on meltdown and I've got to get this posted before it runs out of my ear. I truly love you all and I will see you tomorrow.

Here you go Thin and Mary..........

Tina
Old 08-26-2002, 08:05 AM   #3  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all
Steamed Cabbage (Fried Cabbage)
I pick a cabbage with a lot of green on it DH likes the real green leaves.
I cut it up and wash it. I used to use bacon drippings but yesterday i put a little olive oil in a skillet. tossed in the cabbage stir fry it with a little water till desired doneness. DH likes it tender crisp I season it with what ever I want pepper. garlic salt some Emeral seasoning. It's good. Some people like to boil it but that makes it too mushy for my likeing.

Thanks for the pics of Jr. DH says I can look but don't touch

I've got to eat and grab a shower and dress for work. Have the workshop tomorrow.

Hello to all of you and hope your day goes well.

Old 08-26-2002, 08:31 AM   #4  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Ssshhhh.....I'm not supossed to be here...

I'm supossed to be at work. But I am playing hooky today. Don't tell anyone! Actually, it's nothing quite that extraordinary, I was just up half the night with Trey. He coughed just about all night long and I was giving breathing treatments about every 2-3 hours, so when that alarm went off at 6:00, :hypno2: I just turned it right off and made a phone call. Well, my actual first thought was to throw it across the room, but I've lost too many other alarms that way, so I decided to be kind.

Now that I'm back from the race, I do have a confession. I did not do as well as I had planned---food wise. I ate some things that I knew I shouldnt-BUT-as much walking as I did, I'm pretty sure everything will all balance out. At least I'm hoping.

The funny part about today is that after I made the call to work, I heard a noise in the kitchen and when I decided to investigate, guess who was standing in there? DH! (he was supossed to leave at 5:30am to go to work) He said I had kept him up about all night running back & forth with Trey, so he decided to "burn a day" too. (as he put it) So everyone in our house today is a lazy bum except for Brian, who dutifully went to school. Of course, while we were up all night giving breathing treatments, he was snoozing it up.

Well, I guess I will hop off here for now. Trey is actually sleeping and that sounds really good to me. So I think I will go take a catnap too. I will be back later though. Take care and love to all!

Last edited by QueenB; 08-26-2002 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:56 AM   #5  

Talking I'm BAAACK!

Hi-ya Ladies!

Boy... I'm pooped! We didn't get back from Toronto last night until 1:15 am and I had piano students this morning! Grease was AWESOME... it was SO cool to be friends with one of the actors! The whole cast just got really good news after the show yesterday... the show is being moved to an even bigger theatre and is going to be continuing on indefinitely. (It HAD been scheduled to close next week after running all summer.) It was also pretty cool for one of my best childhood friends to meet my hubby!

I did it again. I can NEVER go all week and not weigh myself. HOWEVER, THE SCALE HAD SOME GOOD NEWS FOR ME! It said I was down another few pounds for a grand total of 57 pounds lost!!! The next 13-14 pounds will be so awesome! I'll pass my halfway mark PLUS drop down into the 100's! It's VERY exciting... being so close!

At the Stag & Doe I attended on Friday night, I saw a few friends I hadn't seen in a couple of months and the very first thing they said (and quite earnestly) was..."Oh my gosh Sara! You look great!"

I'm SO happy I made the decision in May to get serious about losing weight! Over the last few months, my diet has evolved. I'm eating less and less carbs while still eating low-calorie and low-fat foods. I eat A LOT of veggies and A LOT of lean meat. My husband, who is SO proud of me, says to people that I have "an iron-will!" I dunno about iron but I know that one day, something just snapped inside my head and I've never looked back! If I could only market the ability to make ppl's heads snap, I'd be a millionaire!

Tina... Hope you get lots of sleep today! You had a busy weekend and now with Trey not feeling well, you must be exhausted!

Baylee... Man! It sucks that your tooth is STILL hurting you! Having dental problems is SOOO annoying. It's hard to think of anything else! Hope you can find someone to take that sucker out of there, once and for all!

Oops... my hubby is supposed to be picking me up any second for lunch. I gotta go but I'll be back later!

TTFN
Sara

Last edited by SaraJoy; 08-26-2002 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-26-2002, 03:47 PM   #6  

Hi everyone,
It's past midnight and I couldn't sleep. I worked as a nurse on the 11p to 7a shift for about 5-1/2 years and I think I have permenantly messed up my sleep cycles. I haven't worked nights for a couple of years, but I still have chronic insomnia. Oh well, the internet is faster in the wee hours. I'm typing this with one cat in my lap and the other in my left arm - they're feeling a little jealous of this computer thing.

Judging by all of these NASCAR postings, I might have to give it a second look. Two (of six) of my brothers are seriously into it, but up to this time I had just ignored them. But based on the pictures of the gorgeous men you guys have been posting, maybe I should take a second look!

Luckyladybug - gee, my yard could certainly use some work if you got time! I am in awe reading everything you did - I would get out there and try it, but it sounds suspiciously like exercise! Did I see you are from MN? Your house is probably the house a few down from mine with the gorgeous landscaping and lawn. My house is the scourge of the block with the molehills and dandelions. Most of my lot is covered with pine trees and I love my trees, but they are hard to grow anything under - but I am trying (and according to my family, I am very trying!)

Sara - I hope you enjoyed the play. I love musicals and pretty much any live theater. Unfortunately as a single home owner I usually don't have alot of extra money to splurge on tickets, although I try to catch community theater when available. It sounds like you are doing great with your weightloss. Isn't it fun when it finally clicks?

2Cute - I can relate to procrastination - I mean, why do today what can be put off 'til tomorrow is my motto. Which is why my bathroom has been stripped, primed, and waiting for wallpaper since the beginning of July. Maybe tomorrow... Hope you have a good vacation (or if you are reading this when you get back - hope you had a good one)

J-ann - I know the first week woosh is kinda neat. I know better than to think it will keep happening, but it would be nice! I know people like those that you described. On of my co-workers thinks she is "gross" because she weighs 200lb. I guess that makes me XL Gross because I am over 300 - despite my weight, I have better self-esteem than to consider myself gross.

Baylee - Sorry to hear about the backslide. I have been there - several times - and know they are so discouraging. I am psyched and doing well now, but know that I could be in a backslide at anytime. I think the reason I am keeping up is because of this thread. Keep posting everyday. Its kind of like the WW meetings. When I knew I gained, I would just skip the meeting and then it became two meetings, and then I would quit altogether. Then gain back everything I lost. Then remember why I joined in the first place and have to start over. But life is sometimes one big "Do over". Hang in there!

I know this is getting long, but I want to share a poem I got from one of my old WW leaders. I don't know the author, but when I start thinking of going off plan, it helps (sometimes) if I read it first

Myself
I have to live with myself, and so,
I want to be fit for myself to know.
I want to be able, as days go by,
Always to look myself in the eye.

I don't want to stand with the setting sun,
And hate myself for the things I have done.
I want to go out with my head erect,
I want to deserved all men's respect.

But here in the struggle for fame and wealth,
I want to be able to like myself.
I don't want to look at myself and know,
That I am all bluster, bluff and empty show.

I can never hide myself from me
I see what others may never see.
I know what others may never know.
I can never fool myself and so
Whatever happens, I want to be
Self respecting and conscience free.

Well, I am going to go back to bed and try to get some sleep. I have tomorrow off work so I can sleep in, but I should probably try anyway.

Have a good Monday everone!

Janet

Last edited by JanetG; 08-26-2002 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:08 PM   #7  
Progress..not perfection

Thought I would pop in real quick before heading out to the grocery store. I think by letting you guys know that I'm going, it will hold me accountable to make good choices. After I get back from the store, dh is going over to my granny's house to mow her yard and I think me and the boys will go with him and have a little visit. Trey is feeling a little better thank goodness. Oh, Mary and Thin, you've seen those "How bad have you got it?" Nascar commercials? Just take a look at my Tony Room!
Old 08-26-2002, 09:21 PM   #8  

Tina What's that guys number and who does he drive for?????

The temp just dropped 15 degrees in the last half hour and now they are saying tornado's...Whatever it had better not mess up my yard.....

Better get off of here...don't want a fried modem.
Old 08-27-2002, 06:57 AM   #9  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin' (I think) Ladies,

The faster I go the behinder I get. I held off posting yesterday AM because I wanted to add a neat quote from my pile of motivational sayings. After all it WAS Monday. Anyway I fogot to bring the list to work, then when I got home I got into "chore mode" and never got on line. Oh well!

Didn't get to WI either. Was so busy around the house I totally forgot to go. Thank God that doesn't happen often.

Food could be better but today is a new day! Since I haven't won the lottery I guess the year at the weight loss spa will just have to remain on the back burner.

Have to take the pointer to the vet tonight. She's been drinking tons of water and, as we well know, what comes in must go out. Poor girl has to go out a LOT. Even wakes me in the middle of the night. Hope the vet has a quick cure. :

Oops, time to start earning the big bucks.

TTYL
Old 08-27-2002, 07:50 AM   #10  
Falling, but fighting...

Hello all,

Just popped in for a second.

J-Ann: Nice to meet you. I have been around here since the beginning, just sometimes way too busy to post.

I measured today and lost .25 inches in my forearm, 1 inch in my bicep, 1.75 inches in my thigh, and .50 in my breast size. I would have liked to see some inches off in my stomach, but not this time.

Yesterday was a pretty good day for me eating wise, except for digging into the reduced fat peanut butter. I tried to make up for it by exercising on the bike for 1 hour. Today I think I will do 2 to 3 miles walking if it isn't too hot. I really enjoy my walks, once I get myself up to do it.

Well, hope all is well for everyone. I will try to post individuals replies later.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:35 AM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning ladies! And how are all my little lovelies today? I went to WI (not Wisconsin) yesterday and I'm up 1/2#. I'm not frantic, however, since Mother Nature decided to pay me a visit AND I was not on my bestest behavior for the past 2 weeks. I will do better now, I promise.

LuckyLadyBug: I agree with you, "I figure God (higher power; energy) wouldn't have made all these resturants if we weren't suppose to eat in them!" What do ya need to be a good cook for anyway????? * Hope that storm blew right by you!

Tina: The truth be known, I'm not really a race fan at all. I sorta have to know some of the drivers because DH and #1 son are into it, but other than that......I can't figure out why watching people turning left at 180 MPH for 400-500 miles is worth watching. But hey, whatever floats your boat! Your Tony room is really something. What do you do in there? Is it the guest room, office, or just a shrine???

Baylee: I had a tooth like yours once. The darn dentist said he filled it right and it must be my imagination. I went back several times with no relief. Finally I went to another guy and he did a root canal and a crown and I haven't had any trouble since. I really feel for you, I hate toothaches! [[[hugs]]] On the subject of WW, when I went to my meeting Monday there was a flyer that you could join for the rest of the fall (good until January 2003) for just $162. I know all the francises are different, and I actually usually get better deals when I call my 800#, but it would be worth checking into. There was a woman in front of me that wanted to sign up and the girls explained to her how much she would save if she waited until Tuesday, I guess you get coupons for discounts on merchandise too the way it sounded. I don't know what to advise you because I know that once I make up my mind, that's the time to move, so you'll just have to weigh the advantages.

Mary: Hope your workshop is going well and they don't have too much catered food!

Sara: Your Toronto trip sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to get away from here. DH and I are going to Niagara Falls the second week in September. (of course, I probably already said that once.....I'm just excited to get away!)

Janet: Sorry to hear about your insomnia! Don't ya just hate it? Introduce me to your cats. Mine is Max. It is short for Max-amillion, Mad-Max, or Max-imoose depending on the day! He is 8 years old and weighs, at last WI (not Wisconsin) 17 pounds, hence the Maximoose notation!!!

J-ann: I love that saying: "The faster I go, the behinder I get" cuz boy is it true. I had the weekend off and yesterday, today and tomorrow are light schedules and right now I'll be off again until next Tuesday, but I'm sure not getting much done. I am managing to finish the laundry, but geez, it's taken me all weekend and then some.

Susie: Good to see you. Are you still walking at lunch? At least it would get you out of the building and away from your desk. I still haven't been able to build in any exercise. I was hoping to at least start with some handweights or something. Just don't have the gumshion! Congrats on the inches lost. Every little bit, ya know. It all adds up.

Well, girls, time to get out of here and do those two little jobs I've got for today. I want to call the GYN. I was supposed to go back for a 3 month check, and it's been 6 months. Think she'll notice? Got my mammo prescription 6 months ago too and haven't gone for that. I think maybe since I have a couple of days off, I should maybe go do that. (Too bad they don't have a smilie for the booby squeeze, eh?) Love to all!

Last edited by thinthinker; 08-27-2002 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-27-2002, 04:39 PM   #12  
I'm on my way!

OMG Tina....I need a LOWE'S room like your TOny room! LOL

I Have orientation at school tonight. I had to hunt down a baby sitter because my dear loved one has to work late tonight! I hate paying a sitter...he ALWAYS has every other tuesday off except this week they schedule him for mon and wednesday! Figures! Well I gotta get changed and cleaned up before Nicole gets here! I'll catch up to you all later!

Great job on the pounds and inches lost...wish it was ME!

TTFN Michelle
Old 08-27-2002, 05:03 PM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Boy, what a day! (I like that little guy!) I was out doing my two jobs, minding my own business, when zap! into my head pops the idea that I just have to have a Peanut Buster Parfait from DQ. Now mind you, that has been one of my favorite stops in the past too weeks and today was going to be no different.

Then I decided I needed to stop at Walmart and pick up some water and of course a bag or two of my favorite PB cups. Soooooo, I went to do my two shops, thinking constantly about these two stops I wanted to make.

I kept going over and over in my head whether I wanted to stop at DQ or get the PB cups.............then of course, I thought of all of you.....back here on the thread, cheering me on to do the right thing..........sooooooo...........I decided that I needed to figure out which of the treats I would get. After all, one treat was better than two and you all wouldn't be really, really disappointed in me if I just had one.

I'm so sick, I was even wording my post in my head about what a terrible failure I am, etc, etc.

Well, I'm here to tell you that (drumroll please) I DID NOT HAVE EITHER TREAT!!! I walked out of Walmart with my water and a case of Pria Bars (2WW pts. each). I got in my car, had a good long slug of the water that I always carry with me and one of the Pria bars and I drove home extra fast before I changed my mind and pulled into the DQ. Weeeew! I'm glad that little excusion is over and I won over the food devil.

How hard can it be to get back on track? It sure is tough for me.

Gosh, Baylee. YES! $162 for the rest of the year! Geez, I'm be going nuts over that for a registration fee too.

Good to see you, Michelle. Hope school goes good for you.

Well, girls, need to go fix some dinner. Send me some StayOnProgram vibes : would you? You all take care.

Last edited by thinthinker; 08-27-2002 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-27-2002, 05:09 PM   #14  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down First of all, let me say:

Michelle: So very good to see you my friend. I know you have been busy, but please come back more often............I sure do miss you. Oh, and not Lowes!! No! Not Lowes! Just kidding.

Baylee: Sorry you are feeling poorly my friend. Is the tooth any better. I'm not sure about the WW fees. Here, it is 30.00 to join and then 12.00 a week. I usually pre-pay 109.00 and that pays me up for 12 weeks with a savings of like 42.00. I am all about saving money!

Thin: I know exactly what you are saying about Nascar. I used to say the exact same thing. I really used to get up on my soapbox about it too. I was like, "There are people starving all over America (I'm not one of them ) and these guys are making millions of dollars driving in circles?" Come on! But then I really got interested in it and realized how hard it really is and what they have to go through just to run a race and I now have a very great respect for it. What other sport do you know of that you once you go out on the field (or track, in this case) that you just might not make it back off alive? I just love it. And to answer you question, my "Tony Room" is actually my son Trey's room, but he informs me that I spend way too much time in it. And by the way, I think I have a smilie for the booby squeeze>>>> I think that pretty much sums it up, what do you think??

Susie: Great job on all that exercise and the loss. Sometimes we do not see in pounds, but in inches. You are my motivation for the week!

JanetG: How I can relate to the third shift thing. I only did it for about a year and a half and it messed up my sleeping cycle for God knows how long............just about killed me. Thank goodness I am over it now, but it took awhile to get there. P.S. You should definitely look into Nascar. I, of course, respect Tony only for his racing ability. Yeah, right.

J-Ann: Hope you have good luck with your pooch at the vet. Not even sure what to suggest about that one. I know what your saying about the lottery too........when is it our turn?

Lucky: Sorry about the bad weather. There was plenty of lightening here, but not very much rain. I stayed off the puter too. No fried modem here either. I've had enough trouble with it as it is!

SaryJoy- Glad you had a good time at Grease. I bet it was awesome. I have never saw it in play form. Is it very long. Also congrats on the loss..........you too are my motivation this week!

Hello to everyone else. I hope you are all doing well. I know 2cutes on vacation and Kat should be back any day now.

Mary: Haven't heard from you today. How are you doing my friend and what's on the menu for today??

Gonna hop off here now and head to football practice. I will try to stop back in here later to chat with all my friends..

I'm adding another pic of my Tony room.............this is another wall. Got it bad, huh?
Old 08-27-2002, 07:00 PM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hi all
I got back from my workshop the only food they had was a continental breakfast of coffee, juice, and mini muffins and danish . I had two small danish. I ate lunch at Shoneys and I did have a piece of strawberry pie and you know I really don't care.

I came in a blew up at my son. I told him he needed to get a life that he is 31 years old and I've had enough. He didn't say anything.

How are all of you today?

I can't think of anything else to post but I do send all of you a hug
Closed Thread