Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Default How much can I do in one week?

I'm going "home" in a week... I live here now, but back to my parent's place where I grew up, which in some way will always be home.

I've been trying to get back on track, because I DON'T want to go home heavier than last time I was there (august) but that's pretty inevitable at this point. My goal was to have the pants I wore last time fit again, but time's growing short and that's not looking too likely. I've been looking at the few items in my closet that fit me right now and getting really discouraged and upset about going home and having nothing to wear and feeling like crap.

So my question is... how much can I accomplish in one week? I know I feel better, feel thinner and more confident, just by working out and eating well for a few days, but what is a reasonable goal to set for myself for next Saturday?
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:28 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

At this point I would say to not focus too much on what the scale says. Try focusing on how you feel more, like you said you already feel better. Let that motivate you to stay on track the rest of the week. Don't let what the scale says make you depressed for your trip home. Plan the week out really well, know what you are going to eat, when you are going to workout and stick to it. I'm sure your family will be so happy to see you they will not focus on a few pounds. Be happy and healthy, you've lost some weight so far so you're on the right track!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Oh for Pete's sake IRIS! What can you accomplish in a week....hummm...

you can focus on going home

Throw in an extra one of my 5K's somewhere along the way in your free time...enjoy the time back home....

your entire life is ahead of you...you are making good decisions...stay on track with the good choices and forget about those pants...

"if the pants don't fit you must...."....oh wait...that was... glove....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/111/103

Height: 5'1

i think you could reasonably lose 3 pounds by next week with lots of cardio and healthy eating. when i started increasing my running miles i lost 2-3 pounds in the first week. but also concentrate on feeling good!
sm177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:10 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
"if the pants don't fit you must...."....oh wait...that was... glove....
thanks, i needed that!

yeah, I think I also need a reality check - this shouldn't be such a big deal to me but it IS. I think because my mother's parting words were something along the line of "now don't let yourself get out of control. I don't want to hear that you've gained weight and are all upset about it again."

I'm sure that was meant more to be that she doesn't want to see me upset than that she doesn't want me to gain the weight, but something about her being right about this happening is just eating me inside!
Old 12-13-2008, 03:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Oh mothers... they seem to be disgustingly right though don't they?
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:03 PM   #7  

my mother always knows EVERYTHING - even before I know it. my brother and I decided last christmas that our mom has magical powers or is a witch or something (in a good way!)