South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-12-2008, 04:04 PM   #1  
SB Fan

S/C/G: 215/194/155

Height: 5'8.5

Default Getting Concerned - No Appetite

I've almost finished Phase 1 of SB and I'm starting to get concerned. I am not hungry at all. Most of the time I am force feeding myself food because even though I recognize that I need food and I'm actually hungry, when I go to eat my food my body just turns off.

Its like a spoiled toddler. Uh-huh. I want carbs. I'm not eating my vegetables. I want DESSERT!

I've lost a lot of "weight" (I'm down 8lbs) and I'm on day 8. A pound a day. Obviously that's not fat. That's water etc.

I'm almost afraid to make the transition to phase 2. I know I need to eventually but do I do that now or do I see out the additional 6 days on phase 1?

As I type this I'm gagging down a V8...
jazzer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:17 PM   #2  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

I'm well into P2 (weeks and weeks) and I'm going through a bit of an appetite issue too. Is it your time of the month because I've got issues with that and it's right about that time. I love PB but I haven't been able to look at PB. I've been doing good with soups though. Soup is one thing that I will eat. I have been doing diet Ginger Ale's instead of water and tea and V8's because it doesn't make me feel sick or disgusted...in P1 I did suffer from heart burn a little...I forget what the gals over here told me about that.

I don't have any advice to give but maybe it's just the time and the weather. I don't think you should take P1 out for more than two weeks though. You have to start getting in all of your nutrients. A pound a day is great...I didn't get those results...10lbs in 2 weeks is what I got.

Congrats!

Last edited by SBD Sass; 12-12-2008 at 04:17 PM.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #3  

I tried SB diet for about 6 months. In the first week I lost 2 lbs and from there on I was losing 1lb per week. Not sure if I can contribute it entirely to the diet though bc I was also doing a liver cleanse. I also noticed a huge difference in my energy level and skin. Was feeling great!
TinaNina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I get that way too in Ph1. It's usually because when I do eat, it's lots of protein that I am not used to eating (beans, cheese, PB).

I've felt that way usually around teh 10 day mark. Just make sure you do eat, even though it's hard to, or your body won't love you very much (and you will feel even more lethargic and tired! Or at least I did).
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Don't worry! This is perfectly normal on any diet. But you have to force yourself to eat up to your plan, don't try to cut out anything. I know it's not fun to force yourself to eat when you're not hungry, but trust me, it's important in stopping the hunger from coming back stronger next week or the week after. You definately don't want your body to go into starvation mode or develop nutrient deficiencies, or your hunger is going to come back with a vengeance.
Good luck!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/172.4/150

Height: 5'9"

try eating something new, add some variety to these last few days. congrats on the 8 lbs, by the way! and don't stay on P1 longer than the 2 weeks, otherwise your body will just go into starvation mode, and it will be that much harder to lose weight afterwards.
baristamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #7  
SB Fan

S/C/G: 215/194/155

Height: 5'8.5

Ok. I'm pretty sure the scale is going to go up tomorrow but I was STARVING with no good options... so I'm on to phase two. I got a whole wheat sandwich with turkeybreast.
I guess I can go back to phase 1 tomorrow but I can't imagine a sandwich really hurting me. I mean phase two says to introduce 1 thing of carbs...
jazzer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #8  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I serving of carbs, yes, but one serving is one slice of bread....

We make tons of assumptions that a serving of grains/carbs/fruit etc. is whatever we put on the plate. For example, most people would consider an english muffin as one serving - it's two. Make sure you are familiar with the serving sizes or else the three servings that are recommended per day could turn into 6 or more.

technically you had two. No big deal. As long as it doesn't make you crave more carbs, just go on as planned.

Last edited by zeffryn; 12-12-2008 at 10:28 PM.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 212/172.4/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzer09 View Post
Ok. I'm pretty sure the scale is going to go up tomorrow but I was STARVING with no good options... so I'm on to phase two. I got a whole wheat sandwich with turkeybreast.
I guess I can go back to phase 1 tomorrow but I can't imagine a sandwich really hurting me. I mean phase two says to introduce 1 thing of carbs...
one serving of bread/grains is one ounce. one ounce = 28g. be careful when choosing bread at the store. you want to find something high in fiber (4g or more per 28g serving) low in sugar (3g or less) and preferably with no high fructose corn syrup, and no artificial ingredients. When i first started to re-introduce grains, I learned after a week of eating it that the bread I had was 56g per slice! that's 2 servings! now i know to cut it in half, buy smaller slices, and/or enjoy open faced sandwiches.
baristamon is offline   Reply With Quote