Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 12:33 PM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Post Five-Pound Challenge #3

AMARANTHA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN .5

ANAGRAM, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 11, DOWN 3.4

BABETTE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 15

BYRD, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 16, DOWN 1

BOBSGAL, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN 1

DOLLAR, FIVE DOWN BY, AUG. 27, DOWN 2.6

DAUGHTER, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 3, DOWN .6

DUSTCATCHER, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 13, DOWN 4

GTERA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 30, DOWN 3.2

GUINEVER, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 14

JUSDOIT, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 2

KARENA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 26, DOWN 1

KAYLETS, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN .5

MARUSHA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 27

PUNKINSEED, FIVE-PNT-FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 3.5

RYCHERBABE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 2, DOWN ?

SARAHBELLA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 28, DOWN 2.25

SWEETMOM, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN 3

UPANDAWAY, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 11

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18

Old 08-25-2002, 02:19 PM   #2  
wsw

hi everyone! hope you're all having a good weekend.
i am finally down 1 lb. towards this challenge, which for me, feels like a big deal. well, take care, all.

wsw
Old 08-25-2002, 03:42 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

It IS a big deal, WSW!!! Congratulations! You're on your way and that Pound o' Fat is outta here! I'm gonna post an update in a few minutes.

Elbertine Pep here: This is the most incredible fat-busting team known to the universe!!! Amarantha came up with 36.6 pounds lost in just the few weeks we've been doing this, but that doesn't even include RycherBabe, who hath a new loss but we need a clarification of the figure from her when she getteth the chance ... so it's even more that the Power o' Five hath chased outta town and it might be even more because Amarantha doesn't add very well.

Woo-Hoo!!!
Old 08-25-2002, 03:47 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Post Roster o' Five

BOBSGAL, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN 1

SARAHBELLA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 28, DOWN 2.25

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18, DOWN 1

Old 08-25-2002, 05:39 PM   #5  
wsw

thanks for the ecncouragement, amarantha! i appreciate it!
i feel like this past week has been a little less "white-knuckling" than it has been in the past few months. hopefully, this is a trend which will continue for a while, anyway. i finished my dinner(only what i had planned) and went for a short walk, both of which felt good. well, take care, all.

wsw
Old 08-25-2002, 07:44 PM   #6  

Default here we are!!

And that's how we should treat ourselves, just like we treat our best friend, our favorite knicknack, a treasured treasure. !!

after all, we are the genie in the lamp- we can make our wishes come true!

Old 08-26-2002, 01:11 AM   #7  
Opera Diva

Ug. So how do I celebrate the health and fitness my first 5 pound challenge has given me? Well, I ate a couple bowls of kettle corn, some jelly beans and a cookie. Bad Genevieve! I guess the battle's not quite over yet - but that's OK because I know any little visitors ( ) that may show up on my scale tomorrow will soon be gone because now I'm twice as motivated! (By the way, I am SO not weighing myself tomorrow!)

wsw - 1 pound is a huge deal! It's all those 1 pounds that add up to whatever your final goal is.

Genevieve
Old 08-26-2002, 02:13 AM   #8  

for Kaylets. Yes, it is from the song. One of those that goes through my holey head a lot.

Having a tough time tonight. Had to get out of bed at 1:00, unable to sleep. Too many tough things going through my mind; need to remind me of the good things (down 14 lbs, for one).

Every darn carb in the house has been calling my name all evening and esp now. Finally gave in and had a Yumster because I figured by now my tummy needed a slight refill but a healthier one than the cookies sitting on the counter (long story, they were a gift - I certainly didn't buy them).

Trust me, it is only that Wed is weigh in day and that I want to lose my five lbs by Labor Day that is keeping me on track tonight.
Old 08-26-2002, 02:36 AM   #9  
Empress/Queen

Anagram: Hang in there!!! I can't sleep either and I want to eat, eat, eat. What is a Yumster?

Only the thought that I've finally got those on the run is keeping me from eating the kitchen. Wish I could get into this chatroom and talk to somebody, but it won't let me in! Oh, well! Good-night, again!!! Don't eat anything!!!
Old 08-26-2002, 07:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Well ladies, happy to report that I lost another pound this week so that's 2 down 3 more to go to make goal. I can and will do this.
WSW-Way to go on your 1 lb as well
Old 08-26-2002, 08:04 AM   #11  

Starting over.
I hope you all don't mind...but my goal to lose expires in two days and I know there is no way I can succeed (this time!). Rather than upset myself at my failure I want to start another goal. Something realistic for me.

So....
Let's say 5 lbs by September 23rd...that gives me 4 weeks...and is quite do-able!

You all have been doing so well...and I think of you often...I just hope that I can get back on program...hoping today is the day.

My husband thinks I'm just fat and ugly :sigh: and I am trying to tell myself that what he says doesn't effect me, but it does.

I'm doing this for myself...not him....
Some men can be such jerks!

I got on the scale and I up...but Aunt Flo is here...so who knows.

Ok, going to take a nap (baby had me up super early!) I'll be in brighter spirits later! Promise

Sarah
175.75/164ish/135
159 by Sept 23! I can do this!
Old 08-26-2002, 10:39 AM   #12  
Empress/Queen

Good News: Bobsgal hath added to the weight loss tally by ONE POUND!!!! WTG, BOBSGAL!!

Sarahbell: No prob updating your challenge. I'm going to have to do mine in a week, too, unless I get lucky!!!! Sorry you are down ... I had this same battle last week (and it's still here) of telling myself that another's negativity and unfair opinion doesn't matter to me. It's hard to remember sometimes, but the only opinion of ourselves that really matters is ours!!! And we're great! Who is better than us, whatever our weight? NOBODY IS BETTER THAN US, SARAH!!! We do the best we can and only the best comes back to us. Negative comments from others, even our dearest ones are totally irrelevant. I like that ol' kids' rhyme, "I am rubber, you are glue; what you say bounces off me and sticks to you!"

Amarantha hath had another successful OP day and intends today (a work day, shudder) to be so, too!!! List updateth follows!

P.S. SARAH, YOU HAVE LOST 2.25 IN YOUR PREVIOUS CHALLENGE!!!! THAT IS WONDERFUL!! DID YOU MEAN YOU WANTED TO KEEP THAT FIGURE ON THE LIST!!!??? TO KEEP IT SIMPLE, I TOOK IT OFF BECAUSE YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO START OVER BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE NUMBERS IN AND JUST CHANGE THE DATE, LET ME KNOW!!! OK? Ok!!!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 08-26-2002 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-26-2002, 10:48 AM   #13  
Empress/Queen

BOBSGAL, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN 2

SARAHBELLA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 23

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18, DOWN 1

Old 08-26-2002, 10:53 AM   #14  
Is it Friday yet?

Good morning lovlies! 'Tis the Monday before a 3 day weekend and all is wonderful!!!! (will be much more wonderfuler on Friday though).

Punkin 'o Friday is down another .5 pound. The dratted, now disposed of peanut butter is what held me back this week. It is in the trash and yesterday's grocery shopping did NOT produce another jar of it. Better to avoid the creamy poison until I can handle having it in the house... So, I'm at 4 pounds loss and 2 weeks 'till my goal date!

Guinever, Amarantha, WSW, Bobsgal and everyone else that takes pride in being called a "looser" this week - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Guinever - Oooh, can I sympathize about the ear thing! I had vertigo for almost 4 weeks when I was in my mid-20's. It came on in the middle of the night and just disappeared one day. They put me on Antivert, which helped, but only because it knocked me out cold (can't be dizzy when you're unconcious). Be very careful until this, whatever it is, resolves itself! I almost knocked myself silly a few times!

Kaylets - Wonderful, we're all brilliant scientists! WHAT are we paying these propellor heads for anyway????

Amarantha - 'Twasn't I who made the giggle about the calming, seaside... I believe it was Kaylets, but I could be wrong...

WSW - I second what Guinever said. One pound is a HUGE victory. You can't get to your goal without loosing it....

Sarahbella - Ok, what's your address? We're going to go have a little talk with your hubby.... I'm so sorry you're not getting the support you need from him, the one person you should be able to turn to and he's not being very supportive at all... I'm glad you're here. That's all I'm going to say
No, one more thing - I think it's perfectly fine to change your goal. The entire point of this challenge is to empower you! If you've set a goal and for whatever reason it's not working - change it!!! This thread is to make you feel like you can do it - and having that belief is 1/2 the battle! (correct me if I'm wrong Emp. Amarantha, I don't want to put words in the royal mouth).

That's all for now. I'll be spending today "clearing" and grounding myself. It was a very sad weekend - they found the 2 missing Oregon City girls buried in the backyard of one of the suspects. Sometimes being slightly empathic can really suck....

Terri
(dinner will be ) Oh !

Last edited by Punkinseed; 08-26-2002 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:41 PM   #15  

Well, I'm very relieved to report that I have maintained my 2 pound loss this week. I only exercised 3 of the 5 days I had planned last week and I wasn't entirely smart about eating.... So, I'll take a maintain and start anew today. I have 2 weeks to lose 3 pounds which SO CAN BE DONE!!!

You are all an inspiration. Thank you!
Closed Thread