Old 12-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default 30-Somethings Daily chat, Wed 12/10

Morning! Not much time, client should be here any minute but I just had to check in!
Val~Thanks for the will power dust, it found it's way to me and I managed a great workout and a good food day!
I am skipping the workout today though, I seem to be having a terrible time with muscle cramping in my lower legs. It is not your typical charlie horse, the last time this happened, my levels of Vitamin D were non-existant, so I guess some blood work may be in order here....

Hope everyone has a great day!
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good mornig all!! Today is my day off and I just woke up... It's a bummer because I wanted to get out early this morning and get my xmas shopping done. I got DD on the bus at 7:15 and thought I wold just lay down til 8... bad move. So I gotta get moving as soon as I'm done this post.

Pam... I was working yesterday and the day before. I worked til 4 monday and til 6 last night. I am always up front, sometimes ringing, sometimes not... Just depends. Did you buy anything good? LOL

Nail Lady... you're welcome! Sounds like you might need some potassium and a trip to the MD!! Hope you feel better soon!!

Have a good day all...

PS - uh, Pear... where is my candy?
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Mornin' Chickies...

I went grocery shopping after dropping the kiddies off and then stopped at Panera Bread Co. to pick up gingerbread bagels w/ hazelnut LF cream cheese. DH works from home on Wednesdays so it was a sweet treat for us ~ those bagels are delish! Auntie Flo is here and it's a rough one. I am so hungry this past day or so ~ not good!! Kids get out of school early today so I'm taking my middle one xmas shopping. We don't give the kids a set allowance but I've been giving them a little cash now and then that they can use to buy presents for each other. She has three times the amount of her brother and sister LOL. She is the type of child that does everything that she needs to do automatically. The other two provide balance .

nail-lady ~ do you take vitamins? My legs used to cramp up a lot when I was pregnant and my doctor told me to start eating bananas because my body needed potassium. The only thing that he cautioned me about was to not eat my banana with milk. Apparently, if you mix potassium and calcium they tend to wipe out each other.

Pam ~ have fun at your cookie exchange. I'm guessing that cookies *and* cosmos are involved in this annual tradition?

Hanna ~ where are you??? I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Hope that all is well.

Happy Hump Day ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #4  

Val ~ we posted at the same time. Hi there! Looks like we both have the same idea about nail-lady needing potassium. Good luck shopping today!
Old 12-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #5  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone...I popped in for a day or two a few weeks ago and haven't been back since.....BUSY!!! (And honestly, just avoiding.....I haven't been completely terrible, but haven't lost A THING!!) Soooooo, here I am again. I'll try not to be so off and on again.....Thanksgiving got me off track....shoulda got right back on, I know.....oh well, why beat myself up...won't change anything...it is what it is. I actually cancelled a Dr. appt (just a follow up) on MOnday. I joined the gym that my Dr. uses about a month and a half ago....he was there the day we joined. But we've not been faithful about going. I figured we wouldn't be until after the first of the year, after things aren't so holiday-eee. But at my last visit I told him I wanted to lose weight. I was there because I've been having palpitations. I've even gone on meds for it. He says everyone has them...some people just feel them and some do not. But I haven't lost a thing since then, I'm sure. So I rescheduled my appointment for end of January....surely by then....lol.

Anyway, here I am...hopefully committed. Boy, I really sound pumped up, huh?? Hopefully committed???? Encourage me, girls...you guys are famous to me for that!

Diana
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #6  

Diana ~ LOL at "hopefully committed"... well, at least you're honest! My goal is to not gainduring the holidays so I can relate to what you're saying. Maintaining during the holidays sure beats putting on an extra 5 or 10 lbs. We're all in the same boat and we just can't give up. Forget about the food and concentrate more on moving your body more. Aside from the weight loss, it's amazing how much more energy physical exercise gives a person.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #7  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon ladies!

Valerie, I did the same thing, laid back down after the kids went to school. I wanted to go shopping and I must go early becasue the time just flys by before Spencer gets out of School at 2. Needless to say I woke back up and doesn't look like I'll make it.

Nail lady, hope your legs feel better, the other ladies seem to be on track about with the potassium and bananas.

Joan, have fun shopping today with DD. It's funny how different kids can be. Spencer is alot better with saving his money than Mckayla. He's paid for stuff at school this week with his own $ instead of asking me. He paid for his Christmas party and snacks after lunch. Anyways, enjoy your day together.

Diana, good to see you.

Pam, been meaning to write you. I saw all the pics and you look like you had a wonderful time. You both looked so nice and TAN! Glad you enjoyed your vacation!. As far as your cookie exchange, that must be a killer on your hand to decorate all those cookies?

Ladies, I don't know about the weather in your neck of the woods but it has gotten pretty warm here. It's in the 60's today. Thing is it's also raining, would be nice to get some yard work done, oh well.

I have plans to bake a cake this afternoon, it's Dh's birthday. I'll wait for the kids to get home for that.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #8  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hello all!

Got up this morning, had my oatmeal and did my online job search. Target called and I have an interview for a team leader position at one of their stores Friday, so wish me luck!
I then went out walking late this morning and ended up on the other side of the school since I sort of missed my turn off. Anyway, I got a good workout of 45 minutes so that was nice. And, I was wearing shorts! Wouldn't be this way right now in North Carolina. Ha.

Jean - Gingerbread bagels? Sounds like something I should try!

nail-lady - Good luck with your legs. I've been having some leg problems, so I really feel for you. Hope they get better soon!

Last edited by RangerChic; 12-10-2008 at 01:09 PM.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #9  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Happy Hump Day Gals!!

I was up early this a.m. and have already been to the gym . Had a good sweat going on, hopped on the scale and am down 1 1/2 lbs Don't know how... but I'll take it.

A tad more motivated today... and have plenty of things to do. Such as getting the decorations down and ready to set up. EEEK ... am I the only one who hasn't put up stuff -yet? I still have to get the kids pict for the cards... and send them out. I am never this late

Poppy--- I ... err.. umm... ate them. Hee-hee-hee. No but really, I need to make them. I just plain didn't have time to do them the other day, but am going to be making them tomorrow, after I go food shopping.

Alicia--- It's rather warm here today too... and rainy. CrAzY WeAtHeR!!

GainingWeightInLa --- You can do it!!!
I am going full bore at the gym come January--- just doing cardio now, as the holiday hustle and bustle limits the amount of time I have there. I'll cheer ya on!!!

Everyone else: Hello!

Sorry about the smilie overload--- I couldn't help myself. They are too cute.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #10  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Rangerchic--- Yay for the Target call!
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:24 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6

Hey girls...
\
Joan...yes, ma'am!!! Cookies , cosmos, wine, beer, etc,etc...my third annual. It's really a nice night with no hubbies & kids, just a bunchy o'gals chatting/eating/drinking. Good stuff. Your bagels sound yummy. Hey, Iheard Inbev/AB is laying off like 1400 people...Mike okay??

Alicia, rainy & warm here too. Thanks for the complimnets on the pics. Believe it or not, I put the one of me & frank on the beach (my avatar) on our Christmas card..along with one of the kids & one of all of us..sort of a collage. I have NEVER taken a pic in a bthing suit that I liked until this one..yee-ha!! How are the kids doing?? All ready for Christmas??

Val, I bought a tablecloth on Sun. & returned it on Mon...didn't fit. How are yo liking it there??

Ranger & Pear, congrats on the losses & working out. gotta get my act together here.

Gotta run, got some Royal icing ready to get colored & bagged...talk later.
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Alicia - I hate it when I oversleep. I remember when my daughter was in 1/2 day kindergarten and would get home at 12:30... didn't give me time to do anything.

Pam - I do like it there... right now it's super busy but if I can just make it thru the holidays, it'll be smooth sailing after that!! Sorry I missed you! I would love to meet face to face...

RC - Best of luck with your interview at Target!!!!! I will be thinking of you! Hopefully you can start soon.

Joan - So nice to see you back on the boards!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:32 PM   #13  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Thanks poppy and pear (and pm on the weight loss so far), I think I would pretty much like working at Target for the most part. It is one of my favorite stores!

And Pear, congrats on your workout and all! It feels so good to get results.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #14  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

hey everyone...wow, I'm impressed with myself....two posts in one day! I've been doing a lot of thinkin' about the whole weight issue today and I'm gonna really try to stick to it. I should've gone and worked out today, but I did go shopping and I've had a good food day, so I'm okay with not working out. Having spaghetti for supper.......
I envy everyone having warm weather....Yesterday, it got up to the mid 70's, but today it's not gotten out of the 30's. BRRRRRRR cold!!
Gotta go for now. Have a GREAT day everyone!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:06 PM   #15  

Evening everyone! It's been busy here today!

Thanks for the advice on my leg cramps, they really are terrible and always come in the middle of the night....ugh! I will give the bananas a shot AND try to remember to take my multi-vitamin daily instead of once a week as remembered.

Gaining~I am freezing, right along with you...in the 20's here...Brrrr! Good for you, hopping right back onto the food wagon. Remember, you won't be perfect all the time, just don't beat yourself up over it...hop right back on and if you need it, we'll grab ahold of you and pull you back on!

RangerChic~ on your interview!

Pam~ the cookie exchange with cosmo's, wine and whatever sounds Fabulous!! We get together here and do the cookie exchange, but did not even think about making it a whole "girls night in" I LOVE that idea!

Well, gotta run, one more appointment tonight and then dinner...Have a great night!
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote