Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-09-2008, 11:47 PM   #1  
Shmonsta

S/C/G: 160

Height: 5'3

Default I don't like Mrs. Monthly visiting me...

So...about a week and a half ago I started calorie counting and exercising in the hopes of being 30ish pounds lighter next year sometime. Been doing really well, still am, except for that second weight watchers ice cream bar TWO nights in a row!!! Anyhow, Mrs. Monthly is visiting again and she's not being very nice! She is causing me to gain weight and NOT want to work out. She brings me cramps and messes that I'd just rather NOT deal with. The worst part of it all is the weight gain though. I know it's temporary, but I have to go a week before I normalize again and that is just too long for a scale watcher. For fun, (insert more stress here) add in the fact that I am moving in three days and am NOT ready, have to figure out where I'm going to get the time or money for Christmas and have an upcoming trip home to So. Cal to visit family for a week IN a week! I'll be thankful when things settle down a bit. Until then, my motivation to be a hot-mama forges on! Even if I have to pretend it's true!

Last edited by nopudge; 12-09-2008 at 11:48 PM.
nopudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:18 AM   #2  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Congrats on taking positive steps. I'm going through Mrs. Monthly too and it ain't pretty! I've gained weight overnight and I can't stop snacking
butterflygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:20 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I hate that "Well, I'm gaining weight and even though its temporary, it's unavoidable" feeling. It's just reality, but you have my sympathy!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

Yep, I am four days or so out from arrival...and my weight is up four pounds - every month three or four pounds starting about a week out. My face looks puffy too...bleh!!!! It all drops away on day two or three of the event itself, but it lasts a FIFTH of my life!!! Grrrrrr....PMS....GRRRR.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:17 AM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

I would always gain weight during my period, but since I've been exercising a lot I actually LOST a pound while I had it! I was shocked, shocked! It's also very happily a temporary weight gain, just very frustrating. just work extra hard!
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:07 AM   #6  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I just finished .... I know I gain weight and hate the bloated feeling even though it is only half as bad as it used to be .... but I never weigh myself prior or during TOM. For me, it is not worth the frustration - I know it is only temporary but I usually weigh myself each month after my period is over.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumeany View Post
Yep, I am four days or so out from arrival...and my weight is up four pounds - every month three or four pounds starting about a week out. My face looks puffy too...bleh!!!! It all drops away on day two or three of the event itself, but it lasts a FIFTH of my life!!! Grrrrrr....PMS....GRRRR.
Thank you (NOT) for pointing that out!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

nopudge, for whatever comfort it is, we all share that same frustration! You are so not alone
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #9  
Shmonsta

S/C/G: 160

Height: 5'3

I figured it was about the same for everyone. I was like "dang...1/5 of my life?" Never quite looked at it that way. ;-) Just gotta keep positive and on track.
nopudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #10  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

I never knew I could gain weight during TOM. I was getting so frustrated because the scale went up 2-3pds, yet I was exercising and pretty much eating the same! Never again......I agree with Tomato, I'm not going to weight myself at all that week
butterflygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I usually gain a couple of pounds, or at least don't lose. But at the end of the week, it usually all comes off.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

OK, it only lasts a fifth of your reproductive life...then we get to look forward to hot flashes.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #13  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

LOL - it REALLY isn't that bad - Menopause brings a whole new dynamic to weight loss. REALLY! Count your blessings
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:50 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

PMS just hit me today. I was thinking it was still a few days out but I woke up with sore breasts and weight gain. Then between lunch and supper I was starving, and I had no energy to exercise at all. I took a look at the calendar and it was actually due today, right on time. I hate it. I figure I have two weeks out of the month that I can actually lose weight. Although last month I did manage to lose a pound during PMS, which was a surprise.
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:15 AM   #15  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

Well at least you guys are getting your periods and all the muck is getting flushed out even if you are gaining little bits of weight that's only temporary. It's a whole other story for someone like me with PCOS and not having a period for months. I feel like I have 5 pounds of lining just sitting that won't go away I know it sounds funny but I will be glad the day it comes haha But I do understand the frustration it brings.
gymlee is offline   Reply With Quote