Old 12-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Smile Back In Kindergarten #65

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Come join us as we challenge ourselves to lose weight during the holiday season!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 12-07-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Last few posting from thread #64!

KATY
Good Morning!
Susan - I like Zoolights, but its always so cold! We usually go after Christmas, then the lines for the train aren't so long. I want to see the baby , I have to be the only Portlander who hasn't yet. As for knitting - the book Knitting for Dummies is good, I hear. I also used knittinghelp.com. I was taught the basics years ago by my grandmother, then used books and the internet to teach myself the rest. Did you find a place in Astoria?

Mindee - yikes on the brakes..glad you got them fixed. I'm glad you were able to get out for the evening anyway.

Francie - yay for the smaller size! Pictures! We want pictures!

Jules and Sassy - hope you two feel better soon...sick is no fun, that's for sure.

Cristina and Jules - thanks for adding me to facebook...the more the merrier

Hi To everyone else!

The robotics tournament went well for the boys - they took home a first place trophy for their project which just stunned the parents. We didn't think they had that great of a project, but they really pulled it together. I stayed for the morning then went to my knitting group. I met back up for pizza afterward to celebrate. I went through the salad bar twice and had a glass of wine. Kept my face out of the pizza - woo hoo. Predictably, I woke up at 2:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Guess I really can't drink anymore, at least not if I want a good night's sleep. Waaah! Today is church and not much else. L is sick so we are hunkering down and just resting today, for her to get better and for J to recover from yesterday, which had him running all day.

Have a great day, everyone

Cristina

Hello, and a good Sunday to all!

SUSAN...made me laugh, a goat?! And eeewww to Gaby and the gum, lol. Cambrie is going thru a phase, or we hope it's a phase where she keeps putting stuff, anything in her mouth. Josh said she had candy in her mouth and he asked where she got it she said off the floor. She keeps eating her buggers too, lol! Love those ages, too freakin cute! Bet your hair looks pretty! And we will miss you, no posting for 6 days.

FRANCIE...I don't think your tree looked ghetto, I liked it! And the blue lights around the door. I put blue lights on the mantle this year. I love to add some somewhere in the house, on the outside though, I think they are hideous, lol. Love that Fonzo's sweatshirt was glowing, lol!

Well, just thought I would check in while I had a few minutes. Josh got everything wrong, time, place, blah for Cambrie & Chase's program at church so I called last night to make sure. He thought it was at 7 p.m. and at the church where Cambrie goes to preschool...that's hers Tuesday evening. This one is during service today so we have to leave about 10:15 to get there...at least I get to go to church, lol. Haven't been in so long because I don't care to go by myself.

So up early to get a couple of things done before we leave in case we get back too late to do it before the open house. I did my slim & thin dvd once and then did half of it for 45 minutes of exercise so far. Headed to the park for a good long walk later. It is supposed to be 54 today so that is great walking weather.

I am kind of excited about WI tomorrow. I weighed Monday at 182.4, Thursday at 182 so hoping I at least am still at that tomorrow. We'll see. Looking forward to the new changes with WW too, so the meeting may be a little longer tomorrow.

Better get going.

Have a GREAT Sunday!

P.S. Hiya KATY...glad to hear the boys won! Bet they were excited! And kudos to you for staying away from the pizza! That would have been hard for me. Hope little L gets to feeling better.

KATHY

Happy Sunday Ladies.

Cristina - Have fun at the Christmas program today. Wow, you are my hero with managing to get all your excercise in, stay on track with your eating, and you are actually very close to reaching your goal. I hope that your open house went well, and you are able to get into your wallpaper house soon.

Katy -Congratulations to the boys. What sort of project did they make? I hope that you have a relaxing day, and hope L feels better soon. It is no fun when they are sick. We will try and spend today doing all of Cole's homework from last week. Good thing we had a relaxing day yesterday.

Susan - That is to funny - Goat? Sheep? I guess you better post us the picture so that we know which one it is. We will miss you while you are away working. I am glad that the coworker is better. But remember, we have your back. I will keep sending out the vibes to her that she better be nice to our sister! Give the girls a hug for me.

Francie - WTG on the smaller size. That always makes one feel a little better.
How many cats do you have? Do you have your pictures on facebook or myspace? Do you get along with your BIL?

Jules - WTG on the loss. Sorry that you haven't been feeling well though. Little Dominic walks already? Roxy doesn't walk yet, but she is starting to talk and it is pretty funny. This mornings word is Thankyou, and Meow. She keeps chasing the cat around and saying meow. When is Dominic's birthday?

Sassy - how are you feeling? I am going to learn how to post those cute pictures that you always find. But for now Cole has to pick from the smiles list, and this is what he sends you today. Did you manage to get any shopping done this weekend? I am going to go shopping this week and try to get it all done.

Mindee - I hope that you had a good time at the party. Glad that Tommy got the brakes fixed. Sorry to hear that your little ones are not feeling well also. There is alot of colds and sickness going around right now.

Tammy - Hello out there, how are you doing?

Well, my MIL called me yesterday and asked me if she could come for Christmas. Of course I said NO - JK I told her yes it was no problem. So she is going to book her flight for the 21st. Now however, my DH figures that the house needs to be just perfect so I will have the next few weeks to get it perfect. I try to tell him that every closet and drawer does not need to be perfect. I think that for today, we are stuck at home. We had lots of freezing rain that turned to snow, so it is very slick around here. No reason to go out anywhere. It will give me a good jumpstart on all my closets and drawers. Men.

BBL - Hope everyone enjoys their day.

FRANCIE

Susan~Aww..taking pics with a cute goat is always fun!!!

Katy~I'll have pics after the Christmas Party on thursday night, or friday. Thats great that the boys took first!!!!! Yay for not eating the pizza. Wish I could do that. We found this totally great pizza place here and its hard to resist it, lol.

Cristina~Well, there are some braches missing (cuz last year the cats just had to sit in the tree, lol). And its all tilted funny, (April kept knocking it over last year, lol). But I guess its just loved, lol. I love the blue lights..they're just so pretty. We got blue icicle lights for the outside too. It looks sooooooooo pretty. If you have stairs, you could always add some more lights there. OR put them up around the door!! That would be really pretty. Oh ya..that sweatshirt is like a reflector or something. The pants are like that too, lol. But I'm wearing his sweat pants so ya, lol. (Size medium!! OoO0)

Kathy~I have 4 cats, lol. And I have pics of them on my myspace. I do get along with my BIL (I have 2 BILs and 2 SIL..dont really get along with one of my SIL though). I havent seen him since he was a little bit younger though. He's like 18 now. I think I last saw him when he was 16. They grew up so effin fast, lol.

I should go..Fonzo is dancing all weird, LOL!!!

JULES

Francie--Happy Anniversary...you better go dance weird with Fonzo...Ry says his cat Hobbs broke the first "unbreakable" ornament of the season....

Susan--I am still over 200 so I can come sit on your snickering coworker and you can point and laugh....yuck on the moving again...

Kathy--Dominic will be 1 on January 4th..both my kids walked early and he has it mastered at 11 months. It's too cute to watch him "dance"...he is so fun. I have to post more pics. When does/did Roxy turn 1???

Cristina--I truly don't know what I did....I am eating less--no appetite and what I do eat I can't taste cause I am so stuffy. hope you keep going down. I have lost 14.5 lbs total since I started WW 12 weeks ago. I am trying to get in my water and I really need to exercise, but it's hard with having Dominic so much. Even with Teri and Jerry here I do most of the taking care of.

Katy--I really think Teri and I are just passing it back and forth...I am starting to feel better..my 7-10 days will be up Monday, but Teri has it again..Yay for the boys..

Mindee--glad you had fun at the party--I will have to check out your pics...I don't know how you do everything you do with all three kids...I forgot how much work it is having a little one around.....

Sassy--hope you are feeling better...waiting for Teri to do something for me and I will have your package sent!!

Well I am on a decluttering bug again...finished my kitchen cabinets/laundry & pantry today. I want to do more but I am trying to do a little at a time and not get overwhelmed and quit. Dominic will be at his house Monday & Tuesday with his Mom so I will hit two more sections then. He's back on Wednesday nights since Teri does the night closing of the store. I dread doing Ry's old room so I will tackle it last--I will take a section at a time and not do it all at once. Teri helped me do her room--there are still some things she doesn't want to give up or take with her.

Well off to get this boy down for his afternoon nap--he wants me not his Mom and she isn't trying very hard...
Old 12-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #3  
ugggg.....

Susan--you put up the best pics!!! Love the little mermaids with attitude!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up

Hello ladies

SUSAN...thank you for starting the new thread! And I too love the little mermaid girls, so cute! Too cute about Rach and ya know, I have no idea what it is with the buggers, lol!

JULES...wow! I am impressed with your 14.5 pounds lost! That is awesome lady!

KATHY...oh, I wish I was close to goal...guess I am kinda close to my 10 pound goal. Was going to change that to my WW 10% goal which will be 18 pounds...shoot, that will almost be to my ultimate goal which is 155-160. Of course that's not really my ultimate goal, it was a number I thought I would be comfortable at so it might change once I get there. Men...when they get something in their heads!

FRANCIE...well. missing branches or not your tree is pretty, as is the lights. And to a size med!!!

HI to everyone else

The kids were so cute in the program but we didn't get good pics because we sat in the middle on the side by Josh & Char...should've moved like I was wanting to. I really enjoyed Church today though! Thinking I should just start going by myself.

I don't know who held this open house but when I talk with our agent we plan on mentioning that someone took V's Eternity cologne and sprayed it thru the house. Okay, not thru it, but in our bath, on one side of the room and then in the living room, so weird. It's funny because Ernie dog when we opened the door to come in he smelled the smell and took off up the stairs barking thinking someone was here. He went crazy running thru the house, something he's not done before. Really makes me want to not have another one unless our realtor does it. Will find out later how it went.

Other than that, not much going on. Just wanted to stop by and say HI
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #5  
One day at a time

I just realized Jules how close you are to your Christmas goal...YGG!
Old 12-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #6  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Hello Ladies!!

Back to work tomorrow . I've been off all week (usually take the same week off every year) and got a ton accomplished. All the decorating is done. I've wrapped 90% of the gifts. Alll I need to do is my Christmas cards, some baking and the usual grocery shopping and meal planning. I have a few small gifts to pick up and we need to decide on a printer for one daughter and a TV for the other daughter. We went outlet shopping near where Jules lives and made out like bandits. Some stores had bargains like 40% off and then another 30-40% off again. I got dd a $56 sweater for $19 and a $69 lightweight jacket from Tommy H for $17. Pfaltzgraff is closing their stores and had everything 70% off. Needless to say, the car was loaded down by the time we left.

My MIL is coming up from NC for Christmas. It's her first time alone for the holidays. FIL died this past summer. They were married almost 60 yr. DH is not so thrilled about driving 5 hr to pick her up and return her but I can't see her spending the holidays alone. I'm sched to work both the Christmas eve and day and he's dying with the thought of watching TV Land reruns for two solid days Oh, the sacifices we make

Well I gotta go iron some uniforms for work, put laundry away and settle down to watch a Hallmark movie tonight. Have to tape Bro & Sis and the new show Leverage tonight.

Oh oh.....Cristina....You're welcome Glad you liked your present. I had a friend who visited from the South and the first thing she wanted was a steamed crab. I love to get ornaments from different states. My tree is a mix of a little of everything. I even have ornaments from places that I've cruised. DS is going on a late honeymoon to Disney on the 14th and I'll have to ask him to bring me back an ornament.

Francie: Got a little snow but nothing to brag or complain about! I'd love to see your myspace pics. PM me your link.

Take care ladies!!
sz2atheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #7  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Susan - you lucky woman. I won't share my MIL with you. You know, I have been trying for 20 years to get along with her, and after this long, it probably just won't ever happen. My DH says it is because I am really good at tuning her out as she is lecturing me about 1 thing or another. - Although I am in her good books kindof right now as I am helping DS look at colleges, and lining up people for him to talk to that are in the field that he is wanting to go into.

Tammy - I am sorry about the loss of your FIL. Do you get along with your MIL? How old are your daughters? WTG on the great bargains that you found.

Cristina - Too strange about the cologne. I hope that it went very well and you don't have to have another one. Glad that the Christmas program went well. I love the Christmas programs. I really missed them for a few years, as it seems after grade 8, schools here don't do them anymore. Glad that we now have a few more to look foreward to.

Jules - Looks like you are using the flylady decluttering plan. Now that I have lots of time (after tomorrow) I am going to be using her plan also to get everything MIL ready. Or actually DH ready. Roxy turned 1 October 21. Hard to believe how fast the time actually flew by. Somedays it seems that I do most of the chasing while her parents seem to have a nice relaxing evening.

Francie - Is myspace about the same to navigate and set up as facebook?

Well I must run and go referee the fight that is going on between my children. DD set up the Christmas tree, and Cole wants to put his candy canes on it that we bought. She is screaming at him that the candy canes don't match with her color scheme on the tree, and they will make it look ugly. He of course is screaming that they are his and I told him that we could put them on... which of course I did. Men.....and Kids.

luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:02 PM   #8  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Susan~What cute little mermaids!!!! I'm gonna have to snag that one, lol.

Jules~What a bad kitty!!!! I hope mine dont break any this year. And by saying that, I probably just jinxed it, lol. WTG on decluttering!!!!

Cristina~Thanks. Fonzo just said that he thinks our tree looks prettier this year, lol. I think its cuz of the blue bulbs. I cant believe someone sprayed colonge everywhere. Geez..people shouldnt be touching your things. It's called respect. You could always put up signs around that say do not touch!!

Tammy~Thats nice that your MIL is coming for Christmas. Being with family makes it all the merrier. Here's my link: http://www.myspace.com/shopaholic120404 We got some flurries here (hehe, I like that word). My friend said it snowed big time up in Lancaster!!

Kathy~Umm..Facebook is rather different than Myspace. Its pretty easy to set up though. At least I think it is, lol.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 12-07-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:25 AM   #9  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Morning All.

Well another fun-filled week at work! lol. At least I get to leave early Thursday AM (DH's BDAY!) Then I'm off next Sunday (the 14th) too! I think that there will be a pretty good turn out to DH's Bday party on Saturday (13th), so I think he'll be pleased.

Kathy -- Please thank Cole for me for the cute smilies. To post the ones I do, if you go to the site I posted, there are two codes listed, HTML and the other for forums, the 2nd one is the one you want for in here. Just copy and paste it into a reply and VOLA! there you be!

To Everybody -- TY you all for your get well wishes. I do feel better and I am so thankful too!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #10  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

I wanna go home now! These R's are being brats and Gaby has come down w/ a stuffy nose. I also need to get home and have my skin read where they did the 2nd TB test and get Gaby's after care paid for this week......*wah, it is always some *amn thing. lol

I feel fat too and haven't weighed in daaaaaays, I really need to get back on track.

Which reminds me....

Jules - You are doing awesome during the holidays! I am impressed and a tad jealous. lol Is Ry home? You are a good mom for helping in the babysitting dept. I need to ask my mom to help during the Christmas break w/ Gaby, she kind of doesn't *do* that....she is busy feeding her cats and plucking their fleas w/ tweezers and all.....lol

Cristina- What the heck? I would never go inside someones home and spray cologne. If I did I would at least open a window and air out. lol Ick. btw- I need your address again, I don't know where it is.....ugh.

Francie - One year my cat climbed up the tree to sit, so cute. I could have killed him though. You can find that mermaid one under *little girls* in photobucket, couple pages in. I usually look up pictures under that title.....and feel like a perv doing it. lol -jk

Kathy - Your family sounds like mine , if there is something to argue about they will. haha What are your plans today?

Tammy - Ugh, I did think it would be cute to send an ornament from Oregon, I didn't though....lol. thinking you might open it after Christmas. Maybe we can do that next year when we draw names?

Katy- I did see the baby elephant but it was just his little butt and tail, so cute. Mom andhim were eating and had their backs to the crowd. I like the idea of going after the 25th, we didn't even get to the train, the line was so long.

Sassy -I am glad you are feeling better! Yay, to going back to work! lol

Sue & Mindee- Where are you ladies????

I guess I better go get a shower and get my butt in gear. I didn't sleep at all, I am going to be so cranky today.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 12-08-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #11  
One day at a time

'Morning, ladies...

Feeling a little icky. I am sleepy for some reason and my back is out, but it's not as bad as sometimes. Of course I didn't help it at all. It was out a little Sat and sunday a little better. But I had to go and pick of Cambrie...she always wants Nana to hold her so I couldn't resist, even knowing my back was being stupid. But it is not so bad that I can't do anything so that is the good out of this. I will walk some on the treadmill later...it will be a very, very slow walk but a walk nonetheless. I have found that the more I sit on my arse when it is out the worse it gets...moving around really does help. But anyway, I was up early because V had a guy coming over to blow the sprinklers and all the guy said was Monday, lol. So I may go lay back down, too sleepy.

FRANCIE...you know, I am glad I hid the toothbrushes, lol. For some reason at the last minute I did. I am a little anal about total strangers going thru the house. When it's a showing the realtor's usually stay with the people and walk thru the house with them, but with an open house, or the ones I have been too they don't. So if you get a crowd of people who knows what who is doing. I would never dream of messing with someones stuff though. The hubby also thought that maybe someone brought their dog since Ernie (our dog) was going crazy with the barking and sniffing. Surely not though...who knows. Anyway...Fonzo is right, lol.

TAMMY...wtg on your shopping spree! I too like to get ornaments from different places. My tree is a mixture of ornaments people gave me, people made me, including ones the kids made when they were little, ones I made when the kids were little among other things. I think about the only new ornament(s) are the angels that I buy from Hallmark every year. I didn't start when they first came out so I don't have all of them...but every year there is a new Mary's Angel in her series and I always get it. I think I would have the MIL visit too...it's always sad to me when someone is alone for Christmas, or any holiday. What Hallmark movie did you watch? There was one coming up an dI bet I already missed it...can't remember the name of it but it was with, oh shoot, forgot her name, think her last name was Cameron, well, before she married.

KATHY...hoping we don't have to have another open house either. I've not ever had anything like that happen. Don't know why someone would mess with someone else's stuff. I think programs are like field trips...when the kids were little they always had them, both and I noticed the older they got they quit. The program yesterday was nice though...it was all the kids. They had four kids tell the story, in between the others on the other side sang the songs and then pre-teens lit the candles and the little guys were angels, three wise men, etc...too cute for sure! Can't believe that Rosy is one already! For some reason I was thinking her and Dominic were born around the same time.

SASSY...hoping you guys have a GREAT turn out for your hubby's BD!

HIYA to everyone else

Well, I messed up big time! Well, maybe not big time. I weighed in at 182...could have been worse. I went over my points and had pizza and bread sticks. I knew I didn't have the points for it and didn't care. And the day before WI Really need to work on that, and work harder next week. Not saying that that is not a good loss, because it is...and I am happy about it. Just the first week I usually lose just a little more, at least 3 pounds. But close enough so...here's to next WI! Oh, I count my WI at home because I found out last week, there was no difference in my scale and WW. I was a little surprised...I weighed first thing in the morning and of course weigh in at WW is in the evening after two meals, lots of water and with my clothes on. But I weighed before I left dressed without my shoes and it was the same at WW...even said something to the leader about it. Glad to know that my $40 scales are the same as their expensive WW scales.

Okay, before I start yaking again I will say adios amigos!

Have a MERRY MONDAY!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #12  
One day at a time

HIYA SUSAN...you snuck in there. You crack me up! I forgot you were still in Portland. Have a safe trip home. Hope Gaby isn't getting sick, hugs to her I will send you my address again, but only one more time Sounds like you have a busy day today. Have a good one!
Old 12-08-2008, 11:26 AM   #13  
kitty Momo

Cristina - I am pretty funny, huh? lol

You should be careful w/ your back! I would refuse to weigh in the middle of the day w/ my clothes on,,,ALWAYS in the morning , nude ...and no wire hangers!

Ugh, put me out of my misery. I have hip pain from pms and I drank a large coffee from Starbucks, BIG mistake because I am way too tired to have a surge in energy.

anyway - thanks for the adress again! Remember when you sent me an adress book?? I lost that. I am just not someone who can be organized, it is just like totally beyond my grasp. I mean I gave birth to 5 children and 2 have been lost for years. hahaha.....

k- shower time!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 12-08-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:30 AM   #14  
I was born this way hey!

Susan~LMAO!!!! Omg, thats too funny!!!! So far, none of the cats have tried sitting in the tree..but who knows what they do when we're not in the room, lol. No more wire HANGERS!!!!!

Cristina~What would they have done to the toothbrushes?? LOL!!! N/m, I really dont wanna know, lol. Next time, you should pretend you're one of the people looking, just so you can watch what the weirdos do, lol. Why would someone bring their dog? LoL!!! People are strange, lol. Sorry you're feeling icky!!

Okay, well..nothing much is up with me. I have a massive headache right now!!!!! I just woke up, but I think I might go lay down. Its just blinding me right now. I keep having these headaches too. It could be a tumor (ya, my mind goes straight there) or I just need some new glasses.

Anyways..I'm gonna go lay down and pray Fonzo comes home for lunch today.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 12-08-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #15  
I was born this way hey!

Thanks for the Anniversary card Cristina!!!!!!!!!!!!!