Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Default Calorie Intake Question.

Hi Ladies,

I rarely start a new thread but I seriously need some help here. I have been changing my lifestyle since early June. I have experienced some success but am slowing to what seems be a standstill. My calorie intake is about 1500 each day. Yesterday's food was as follows: (I hesitate to post this because I know I could have eaten better especially if I knew this was going to be posted.)

1 coffee w/skim milk and sweetner-40 calories
1 small biscuit with honey-150 calories

1 cup lettuce with fat-free dressing--?
4 oz. of grilled chicken-110 calories
1 tangerine--60 calories

3 Slices of Venezuelan bread filled with meat, nuts and pistachios and raisins-PLENTY of calories but unsure of how many exact as it is homemade from a friend

3 oz. of hot chocolate-50 calories

1 can of soup--Mexican Tortilla, Campells--calories 260

I also JOGGED (not to be confused with running) 2.6 miles yesterday. My question is how can I get my weight loss out of this FUNK! Am I eating too many calories? I drink my water each day and move each day. It is really beginning to both me though. I know you ladies definitely know your stuff when it comes to weight loss so I am seeking your ideas. Thank you ladies. I wish you all success in your continued weight loss efforts and joy to you during this holiday season.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 12-07-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

it's possible you don't eat enough. have you had someone / something calculate your BMR? if you're eating the right amount then increase your exercise. sometimes we need to change our form of exercise to get out of the funk and get the weight falling off agian
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #3  

No, I haven't ever looked at BMR. I will do that today. As far as exercise, I run intervals combined with jogging. I have thought about starting strength training exercise but have no clue how to even start. I refuse to pay a gym membership.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It looks like you are 3 pounds to goal. Congratulations. Those last few pounds are the hardeset to go. Don't give up, you will make it!

Last edited by bargoo; 12-07-2008 at 10:42 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #5  
Meg

Thighs, you're really close to your goal weight -- wow! The last few pounds can be the absolute devil to get off, as our bodies are really fighting to hold onto the last bit of fat.

I think you're going to have to drop your calories and/ or increase your exercise intensity and/or change up your exercise to knock off those last few pounds. Your weight may be stalled because you're eating and exercising at your maintenance level right now.

As an example, my maintenance calories are 1400 - 1600, with about 90 minutes of exercise a day (but I think I'm a LOT older than you are!!) The National Weight Loss Registry, a study group of maintainers, reports that the average maintenance calories of its study participants are 1400/day, with an hour of exercise. So it's possible that 1500 could be your maintenance level. How about trying 1300/day for a week or so (with careful tracking )?

Since yesterday's eating plan was an aberration, it doesn't make sense to comment on it other than to say -- you really need to eat squeaky clean to get those last pounds off. Lean proteins, fruits and veggies, low-fat dairy, whole grains ... I'm sure you know the drill.

As for exercise, are you doing anything other than jogging? Weight lifting is a great way to kick up your metabolism to get the fat-burning back in gear. And you'll end up tighter and smaller when you reach goal than you will with just jogging as exercise. Cardio is essential (try for 5 - 6 days/week), of course, but adding in some weights might get the fat loss back on track.

Above all, be patient! Those last pounds will come off.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

The last pounds really are hardest to lose. I agree with what Meg has suggested!

Also, I have to say, I see too much carbohydrate and not enough protein, although I haven't put it into a calculator to check for sure. Working out that much, I'd suggest your protein should be 70-100 grams per day.

I'm also not sure about your calorie count. Do you use a calorie tracker? Your calories could be going too high with the Venezuelan bread.

Good luck! hang in there!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #7  

Ladies, the goal I have on my stats bar is just a little goal for myself. My ultimate goal is probably 140!
Old 12-07-2008, 10:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

and you'll get there. your BMR is only a guide and you need to remember that. i do suggest trying more veg and fruit in your diet just to give yourself that feeling of being full more.
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #9  

Thanks ladies. I was afraid I was calorie neutral. I am going to drop my intake for a week and add in the 30-day shred for a week. I will post next week if I see something good! Thank you for your help. If anyone else has any ideas, please post. I will check back again today.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #10  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I know that you can get resistance bands from Target for under $20 a set. Maybe you should get some of those and a couple medicine balls or something?

I need to start weight training too, as I've completely stalled (happens every year around this time).
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I agree with what others have said, but I also wanted to point out this:
Quote:
3 Slices of Venezuelan bread filled with meat, nuts and pistachios and raisins-PLENTY of calories but unsure of how many exact as it is homemade from a friend
I honestly would expect that this alone could be well over 1000 calories. I don't know how big your 3 slices were, but meat, nuts, and pistachios? Big time calories. I think a 1/2 cup of pistachios has something like 400 calories, just by itself.

Plus, I"m assuming there was some kind of moistening agent to hold them all together - butter, oil, cream? More calories.

Homemade things are the hardest to count for - and things like that, that are filled with nuts are going to have a lot of calories.

Last edited by PhotoChick; 12-07-2008 at 12:48 PM.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #12  

Just wanted to mention that I started to progress again. 155 today. Thank you for all of your support everyone. Happy Holidays to you/yours!

PhotoChick..gosh, you are so right about that bread...it's a KILLER calorie wise

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 12-16-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

my first thought is not enough calories if you jogged 2.6 miles. how often do you work out?
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote