Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-06-2008, 12:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Rapid weight loss- what do you think?

well, I can't figure it out, there's really no reason for it, but I've lost almost 10 pounds over the last two weeks.

Trust me, there's no good reason! I haven't changed my diet (I even have eaten slightly more at times), and I'm not exercising. It's not a fluke, either- its been a steady loss, around a pound or a little less a day.

I worry a lot about diabetes- it's really common in my family, and I know rapid weight loss is a symptom. Not to mention frequent pee-ing and stomach aches, which have been a problem for me in the last week. The pharmacy near my house is having free blood sugar tests the week after next, so I'll go there for that. It's probably not diabetes, it just comes to mind.

....so any ideas why I might be losing weight?? The only other thing that's been irregular in my life is a case of bronchitis a few weeks ago and a lot of steroids to open up my lungs (which made me hungry).
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:04 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

My body goes through random periods of rapid weight loss at times. I have weeks where I randomly lose 6 lbs for no reason. I don't think it's anything to worry about. I'd still go for that blood sugar test next week, just to check things out. You're young, your body is just adjusting to all the change.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Did you gain on the steroids? Or even just maintain even though you were still on plan? If so, you are probably just now dumping off a lot of water retention.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Julie- No, I didn't gain, or really maintain. I lost 1 pound that week, when I usually lost two, but that's all.

luvja- I hope you're right! This would be the first time I've had this experience of losing that much in such a short time, but it could be natural, right?
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly315 View Post

luvja- I hope you're right! This would be the first time I've had this experience of losing that much in such a short time, but it could be natural, right?

In my own experiences, yes
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/142/150

Height: 5'11"

When I was losing weight I would randomly have a week where I would lose a ton of weight, then lose hardly anything for almost a month. Bodies work in funny ways. But like everyone said go for the test just for your peace of mind.
jessisaokay is offline   Reply With Quote