Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 08:54 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Dieting with Diabetes -- WINTER 2008/2009

Good Morning and welcome to our new chat thread for the new season. Although WINTER does not officially start until the 22nd, it definitely feels like it's here already -- at least for a lot of us. So . . .

to the DIETING WITH DIABETES seasonal support/chat thread! This is the place to check in regularly, share and receive support, and get to know one another. Lets encourage one another all we can as we live day to day with this disease.

We are glad you are here! If you are a newbie, please feel free to join right in! And don't forget to go an add a bio in the Getting to Know You thread up in the Sticky area.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

It doesn't feel much like Winter around here . . . it's pouring rain and the high is predicted to be 13C / 55F today.

For some reason, I'm working on the second day in a row with a high FBGL -- yesterday was 8.1 (146) and this morning is a little better at 7.6 (137) but not a lot. Hopefully things will improve, but December is seldom one of my better months.

See you all later . . .
Old 12-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

December is going to be one of MY better months. I just need to get on top of this - I'm retired but my body doesn't need to. I even did treadmill this morning!
Old 12-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #4  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

hi everyone,,hope your thanksgiving was a good one,,we just got home last night from being with my sons ,,all of them were able to make it and had a blast with the kiddies,,,came home to snow and is colder than i like for sure. my bs is still high,,,but my eating is out of control so am trying to get it back in line,,,well have a great day all,,,Jeanne
Old 12-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #5  

Hi Meowee,Ruth and Jeanne..its so cold here today that im wearing a sweatshirt jacket in the house brrrrr..all grkids and parents left yesterday aftnoon and grma and grpa settled in for a much needed nap.. today i installed a new printer ..my old one died and im making family picture calenders for gifts and needed to print..the new one takes some gettin used to..i'm finding the older i get the more resistant i am to change .. my sl was 105 this am..am glad all the holiday leftovers are gone, befor the next round anyways here i am rambling ..hope you all have a "stay on track" day ((((hugs))) rosey
Old 12-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #6  

Hi all.. still cold here..sl was 128 this am..i ate the last piece of pie late last nite..glad its gone..im still getting used to my new printer..i dont like the new program..and some of my stored pictures went into cyber space hope u all are having a stay on track day ((((hugs))) rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 12-02-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #7  
Never Ever Give Up !

Hi all,,my bs was 178 this a,m, still way to high,,have a doctor appointment next week sometime,,,Rosey that is one of my biggest fears losing my saved pictures on the comp,,,some of them thats the only place they are,,i left a lot on the old comp cause i didn't want to bog the lap top up to much ,my old comp is as full as i can get it and i have double memory on it ,,ha ha

well all have a great day cold here also snow on the ground and at least i can see the sky today,,yesterday was socked in,,i hate that,,,later,,JEANNE
Old 12-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Funny weather here for December - just around the freezing point. They keep predicting snow and then it doesn't happen.

I am going to start recording my FBGL vis a vis what I ate for dinner. It's a drag but I want to know what's happening. I am dropping weight very slowly. I hate being our of ONEderland after it took so long to get there. I might even reinstate my ticker for this month.

Big triumph today when I resisted the Chinese Buffet although I walked right past it twice on my shopping trip. Of course, it helped that I'd had a tuna on ww bread and a skim milk when I got groceries! Planning is key.

I did not make it to Bulk Barn to get the stuff for my Christmas goodie baskets. I need to make and give them before Christmas and it's best if they are made and bestowed the same day!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #9  
Onward and Downward

For some strange reason, my FBGL is still running too high and now that I'm almost finished with the wrapping (hope to get things mailed tomorrow), I'm also developing that almost overpowering urge to bake, bake, bake that hits me every year about this time. Too bad it also comes with an urge to eat, eat, eat. Definitely not designed to keep either the blood sugar or the weight under control.

Our very strange weather still continues too -- unseasonably warm and very dull. Forecast is calling for mosgtly sunny today, but I've not seen any sign of it yet.

Have a great day . . .
Old 12-03-2008, 04:47 PM   #10  

Hi everyone..another cold day here sl was 94 this am..yesterday my lift chair(recliner) broke..it was a used one from a friend so we had to go shopping for a new one and becuz this is alaska they had only one where i live so we got it.however its a bit lg and to high for my 4'10" but i'm making it work as i need it..another big expense ouch!! other than that im still working on the calenders as gifts.. meowee..hope you are feeling better soon,i miss xmas baking to and since the grkids are coming a week early im going to let them bake .and hopefully they will eat it all as well..have a great day everyone(((hugs))) rosey
Old 12-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

BGL too low this morning - I need to add starch back into my evening meal.
Had quiche (no crust) and salad for lunch with the quilting group today and resisted a brownie/ hot fudge sundae that my "friend" was trying to share with me. She doesn't believe that No means No! I finally asked her if she had any insulin with her - that stopped the discussion dead in its tracks.

My ticker is back and so is my better attitude about healthy eating. Cold weather is NOT an excuse to eat comfort foods when I do have furnace, woodstove and electric heat plus sweaters and warm, cuddly dogs.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:10 AM   #12  
Onward and Downward

Another sunny and mild day -- but very, very windy. At least the FBGL is a little better this morning at 6.6 / 119.

Outsmarted myself this morning -- thought I had gotten myself a wonderful treat the other day -- a can of French Vanilla flavoured coffee. Brewed it up this morning and it smelled fantastic; both in the can and in the pot. BUT -- for me anyway, that was the end of the fantastic. Did not like it at all. Guess I'm just a boring coffee drinker. Passing it along to my neighbour -- hope somebody there enjoys it.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:59 PM   #13  
Never Ever Give Up !

hi all and good morning,,hope all is well with you all,,,sunny with snow on the ground here,,,mild winter also so far. bs over 200 this am but am out of byetta so will get it on friday,,,have a good one,,,jeanne
Old 12-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #14  

Hi ladies!!

I am new here I have been a diabetic fo 13years. I take oral meds. Last month I had my dr. appt. my A1c was 7.4. I am working to get better control.
I asked the dr. about byetta and she gave it to me. After I picked it up I saw all the new warnings attached to it. I have only used it a few times because I recently had gallbladder surgery(2 weeks ago) and my numbers have been great lately. Those of you who use byetta what is your opinion concerning it? Thanks for any help. The dr. told me it is my choice whether or not I want to use it.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:50 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Mercee. There is a thread on Byetta in there that you might like to check out BUT please do keep posting with us on this support thread.

FBGL not good this morning - I guess cheese and crackers with my neighbours and then meatloaf for dinner was not a brilliant move! Today will be better and exercise is definitely on the schedule. It's snowing really hard right now so winter is here no matter what the calendar says! Shovelling is cardio, right? And then there's !
Closed Thread