Old 12-03-2008, 06:09 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default 30-Somethings Daily Chat: Wed 12/3

Good Morning....I am trying to use to get moving today....so far, no luck.

Val~Is the hubby's thumb OK? Sorry to hear that things are not going your way right now, hope that the call from the garage changes that!

Ladyfire~

Well, I have a busy day in the salon today, so I really need to find the motivation to get a workout in, like now.....I just don't know if it is going to happen this morning.
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:04 AM   #2  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

'Morning Ladies!

So, since my employer didn't say anything to me and I'm leaving/moving on Friday morning, I had to call my boss this morning and tell him my last day is tomorrow. At least it's almost over now. Just have to finish cleaning up my place, pack up the car and I'm good to go Friday.

On a good front, I'm going to see Australia with my mom this weekend. I can't wait! I so love Hugh Jackman. What a hottie!

Anyway, hopefully I can find a job by the end of the month down in Florida. I know the good Lord has plans for me and I'll somehow be able to pay for my car payment and rest of the bills I've got from my utilities, etc.

Have a good Wednesday everyone!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning Chicks. Just a quickie again today. We have playgroup and have to leave soon. You know, I love the idea of playgroup and it's fun once we get there, but getting out of the house can be such a chore sometimes! LOL.

Good news for me weight-wise. I'm down another 2 pounds as of this AM. That makes about 5 pounds lost with just the diet pill. I definitely did not deserve a loss this week. I caved and made a banana pudding on Monday. It's all gone now, so there's no more temptation. Now there's just the 20 pounds of popcorn that DH bought. Ugh! It's always something isn't it.

OK, welcome Lady!! and have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:47 AM   #4  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello All!!!
Just passing through... got a few minutes w/o the kiddies under foot, so thought I'd drop in.
Went out earlier and my windows were covered in icey scrape me or melt me yuckiness. ACK! I know it is Dec, but I am not ready for the window scraping and snow pushing weather. Next time I'll run the truck a lil before going in it . How is everyone elses weather lately? If you are enjoyingt he hot humid weather, you need not reply

So yet another easy day: laundry, prepping dinner and re-arranging the kiddies room.
Watching Rachael Ray now... and she is cooking, man I am hungry now... but not for dinner foods. She always makes such yummy food. She is hilarious and cooky today.

Well off I go... tata...
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Pear, you need a remote start! I can't live without it in the winter! The hardest part is remembering to turn the fan on high the night before! And starting it at least 15 minutes before you leave!

Karen, Great to have you back! Congrats on the 2 lbs.!

Shannon, Australia? Is that a new movie I haven't heard about? I"m soo out of the loop! Have fun!

Darcy,
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning ladies...

Welcome Ladyfyre... nice to have you here!!

Truck cost $292... it could have been worse but $292 is still $292, and right before Christmas!!! ARGH!!!! The spark plugs went bad and the U-joint needed to be replaced. I think that was it.

Anyhoo... I'm off today and DD's sax concert is tonight so I'm going to try to enjoy my day. I've been sick with some kind of stomach virus the past couple of days and I'm not quite sure if thats completely over yet either. Just gonna take it easy.

HUbby's thumb is very sore but he seems to be handling it OK. He can't really move it or bend it at all or it's very painful. He gets the stitches out on the 9th.

Have a great day all!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 12-03-2008 at 10:37 AM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #7  
You Will Get There

S/C/G: 316/316/200

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone,

This is my first chat. Unfortunately, I missed the other chats. I am having upper respiratory issues (I have asthma) and I think that I got it from my co-worker who is out with the flu this week. This has been going on for almost a week and I can't take it anymore. I am getting back on track from gaining 8 pounds last month. It seems that I have hit another plateau. I will break the plateau again as I did before, no doubt about that.
erricah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:07 PM   #8  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
Shannon, Australia? Is that a new movie I haven't heard about? I"m soo out of the loop! Have fun!
Yup. It stars Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman. Almost 3 hours long too. Hopefully it doesn't drag anywhere.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #9  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon everyone!

Pear, we are also experiencing colder than usual temps. Yucky stuff has been stuck to my windshields the past two mornings. I don't have automatic start myself and have to remember to run outside early enough.

Poppy, sounds like you've had a rough week, enjoy your day off.

Karen, congrats on your loss!

Hello to all the newbies!

We had a nice thanksgiving. It was good to see the grandparents. My grandma is doing alot better. We did find out though her last day of PT will be Friday, the insurance will not cover anymore because of her slow progress. She hasn't walked since May. Its unfortunate because she is so motivated.

BTW, Lauren, I saw you were painting your kitchen. Curious as to what you decided on? I still have not made any progress in my own kitchen.

Hope everyone has a great day. This weeks going by fast!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Alicia, The cabinets will be "Poetic Light" and the walls "Nightfall". Look here: http://freshairepaint.com/product.html Nightfall is under Earth on the colors tab, and Poetic Light is under Atmosphere. It's not a good representation though. It's kind of a creamy white...not bright, not off-white...just softer white...if that makes sense.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #11  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
Pear, you need a remote start! I can't live without it in the winter! The hardest part is remembering to turn the fan on high the night before! And starting it at least 15 minutes before you leave!
I do have one. I just forgot to turn it on. I usually do it when we are brushing our teeth, but forgot this time around. I was *hoping* that it wasn't all that cold out too.... but, it was BRRRR....
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote