Old 12-01-2008, 07:53 AM   #1  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Default Yule :)

Well, we've officially entered december and Yule is fast approaching, does anyone have special plans?

It's always a hard time for me because my Dad died on the 20th of December, but also a happy time when our family gets together, so it's a bit odd. I'll probably be spending mine with my family, I haven't seen my eldest sister or her kids since the summer so that will be special enough

I think I'll plan a little ritual to do too, nothing too spectacular but probably involving lots of candles and some meditation/pathworking The trouble is in my new place there just aren't that many safe places to put burning candles so I'll have to improvise this year
going2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:13 AM   #2  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

I'll probably be with my parents since my Dad has is birthday on the 20th... coincidence, isn't it? I don't know what else I'm going to do, decorate my room with stuff, probably. I haven't planned any rituals. I'm busy with something else on that plane. (A friend of mine lives in an apartment and about a month ago someone was murdered in the same building, someone she knew. The one who did it has been caught, probably, but she still feels so unsafe that she doesn't dare to sleep there. So we're going to clean the entire place and make it cosy and probably going to do a little ritual involving lots of open windows and some incense.)
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #3  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i am hoping that we'll be done moving by then. i am hoping to spend that day settling any left over stuff that needs unpacked and then smudge the new place. Oh and now that I'm moving into a bigger place with a room of my own- I am going to set up a little altar space maybe I'll wait and do it that day too.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:55 PM   #4  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

My girlfriend (another witch) and I are going to be going home to CA to visit my family and we'll be there over Solstice. So I've promised her I'll take her to my old vigil spot on the beach where I used to celebrate the sabbats and do my rituals when I lived in Santa Cruz. Not sure how much structured ritual we'll do, if any, but it will be lovely to be able to observe Midwinter at home again. She and I might split up for awhile at some point, as I rededicate myself to my patroness every Midwinter, and I do that alone.

Elwing, good luck with the cleansing for your friend's place. I helped my girlfriend do something similar a few months ago after a particularly nasty suicidal incident left her place feeling tainted. I'd recommend warding the place, both to help keep her safe and to help her *feel* safe.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:34 PM   #5  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

I'm still in debate how I'm going to do it... I don't know how many weird ritual-like stuff she will be comfortable with and obviously I can't do anything without telling her. I strongly believe in the cleansing power of normal actions: opening all windows, cleaning everything, making the place nice and feel like a place to live again. If you are not too familiar with rituals I think this helps better than a full-fledged altar with candles, circles and calling of gods and goddesses. I guess we'll have to discuss it in advance. I'll think of something
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:35 PM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I will probably do a cleansing on the 20th but I may go to an event put on by one of the museums here - they do a solstice celebration each year. The evening star party sounds like fun and its free!

http://www.sciencetech.technomuses.c...r-solstice.cfm
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I'll be home, so I'll do what I always do and go watch the stars that night and enjoy the cold. Maybe in the coming year I'll finally start doing real rituals, but the dorm room stifles me and its hard to get to state parks and nature areas on a bus line.
Gypsy Severina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:19 AM   #8  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Wink

Not doing much this Solstice. Just chillin with the fam-damily & meditating on a few choice subjects. I would love to do a full-out ritual & cook up a big meal (offerings included), but I honestly can't do any of that until I have a larger place, & more importantly, one of my own (privacy is necessity here for me).

I relate to those of you who have expressed space issues. I don't live in an actual dorm, but rather a small bedroom in my mother's house that I share with my GF. Space is definitely a dilemma when looking for ritual room! For a while we were doing our activities out in the garage, because we had cleaned it out for both exercise & ritual purposes; however, with 6 people living in the house it quickly got cluttered again.. I suppose I'll do what I can. Maybe not with the grandeur that I'd like, but simple & practical can still be effective. It's the intent that counts the most, that is one thing I hold true to.
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'10"

I'm not sure what we'll do yet. My birthday is actually on the 21st, and I know my hubby has got grandma lined up to babysit and then we're going out.

I have a funny yet embarrassing Christmas related story though. We were at a baby shower for a friend. It was at the house of friend's husband's brother's fiance's parents, and they have a nativity scene up year round. My ds, 4, and dd, 3, were looking at it and announced that Mary was a witch.
Moon Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #10  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

blessed yule everyone!

happy birthday moon faerie! loved the story about your kids too- if i ever have kids i want them to be like that!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #11  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Faerie View Post
We were at a baby shower for a friend. It was at the house of friend's husband's brother's fiance's parents, and they have a nativity scene up year round. My ds, 4, and dd, 3, were looking at it and announced that Mary was a witch.
That is so cute, although rather embarrassing I'm sure. I love it though
going2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote